Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2024 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,490
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy1235 View Post
    Fair enough. It is important to note, however, that only Assyrians genetically differ from a substantial amount of the Iraqi Arab populace (Iraqi Arabs who're descended from the Arabian tribes that immigrated to Iraq after its decimation at the hands of the Mongol horde in the mid 13th century). Egypt isn't an ethnically heterogeneous country to begin with, but Copts don't differ much at all from their Muslim counterparts besides culturally and politically. Conversely, Pali Christians only differ substantially from Gazan Muslims. West Bank Palestinian Muslims and Christians are a homogenous peoples.
    Iraqi Arabs are mostly descendant of Bedouin tribes that adopted Shiaism recently mostly due to the conversions that the clergy encouraged, and before as result of the Musha‘sha’iyyah a mystical Shia sect. As well the Persian clergy (many of whom were of Southern Lebanese and East Arabian origins), who encouraged the conversion of these tribes into Shiaism in the 18th century, and only in the 19th century all of the tribes in the South portion of Iraq were converted to Shiaism some tribes got split into two groupings of northern and southern. Those who are Sunni became northern clans despite not living in the north, and those living in the south became the southern clans. That said this clergy had little success to convert the Syrian Desert tribes whom they actually aimed at, well northern Iraq became Sunni and strong loyal element to the Ottomans. Though yes Iraqi Arabs are of Bedouin origin mostly from the Arabian Desert, and originally they were not Shias, some of the tribes in Ahwaz are shifting to Sunnism and this will eventually happen to most of the Iraqi Arab tribes.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

the most eccentric of all Maleficent's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-02-2022 @ 11:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -----
    Ethnicity
    Evil-Fairy
    Ancestry
    -----
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    E-M84-B
    mtDNA
    U2e1a1/H13a2c1
    Taxonomy
    -----
    Hero
    Christy Anastas
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,169
    Given: 10,277

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabatea1 View Post
    This particular thread is extremely important to me. DON'T spam it with offtopic crap.

People should be discussing my revelatory ydna results which substantiated all my theories about my direct paternal ancestry.
    Spoiler!

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2024 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,490
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
    This particular thread is extremely important to me. DON'T spam it with offtopic crap.

People should be discussing my revelatory ydna results which substantiated all my theories about my direct paternal ancestry.
    How it's off topic, I was only reaffirming what randomguy was stating which is factual and plus an important historically and geopolitically.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Armchair Anthropologist Germaniac's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-08-2023 @ 03:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Bayerischer Uradel
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Bavaria
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,533
    Given: 1,371

1 Not allowed!

I'm not gonna be long, but even though most say haplogroup E is African in origins, there are many researches providing evidence it is actually southwestern Asian in origin. That said, I believe the original Jews and Arabs were mostly or entirely J1. Furthermore, haplogroup E seems to be one of the most ancient, if not the most in Levant. As for Maleficent's father, I believe his line couldn't be more Levantine in any way, shape or form. He is not of Arab extraction, he is a native to that land. Even though there might be a tad of Arab blood running through his veins, I believe it's close to zero, as Palestinian Christians weren't Arabised to a great extent, like Levantine Muslims were. I believe Palestinian Christians, along with some Syrian and most Lebanese Christians are the closest population alive today to ancient, native Levantines. My family photographer, a Lebanese Maronite, for example, looks 0% Arabised. He actually looks quite light, and with features such he'd pass in some parts of Southern Europe. Most Levantine Christians I know could pass in some parts of Europe, whereas most Levantine Muslims I've seen cannot. This photographer of mine once took a 23andme test, after talking to some friends, and he told me about his results. His Y DNA haplogroup is E-M84-B, that's why I mentioned him. To me he looks like what I'd expect an ancient Levantine to look. I'm enclosing his picture, which I'll soon delete.
    [IMG]pic removed[/IMG]
    Last edited by Germaniac; 07-03-2014 at 05:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    In the last couple of days at this forum I've been seeing these words all over. I come here to be racist and read pseudo-science outdated physical anthropology. I don't come hear to read angry-virgin-code-talk.

the most eccentric of all Maleficent's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-02-2022 @ 11:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -----
    Ethnicity
    Evil-Fairy
    Ancestry
    -----
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    E-M84-B
    mtDNA
    U2e1a1/H13a2c1
    Taxonomy
    -----
    Hero
    Christy Anastas
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,169
    Given: 10,277

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
    I'm not gonna be long, but even though most say haplogroup E is African in origins, there are many researches providing evidence it is actually southwestern Asian in origin. That said, I believe the original Jews and Arabs were mostly or entirely J1. Furthermore, haplogroup E seems to be one of the most ancient, if not the most in Levant. As for Maleficent's father, I believe his line couldn't be more Levantine in any way, shape or form. He is not of Arab extraction, he is a native to that land. Even though there might be a tad of Arab blood running through his veins, I believe it's close to zero, as Palestinian Christians weren't Arabised to a great extent, like Levantine Muslims were. I believe Palestinian Christians, along with some Syrian and most Lebanese Christians are the closest population alive today to ancient, native Levantines.
    I pretty much concur with all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Germaniac
    My family photographer, a Lebanese Maronite, for example, looks 0% Arabised. He actually looks quite light, and with features such he'd pass in some parts of Southern Europe. Most Levantine Christians I know could pass in some parts of Europe, whereas most Levantine Muslims I've seen cannot. This photographer of mine once took a 23andme test, after talking to some friends, and he told me about his results. His Y DNA haplogroup is E-M84-B, that's why I mentioned him. To me he looks like what I'd expect an ancient Levantine to look. I'm enclosing his picture, which I'll soon delete.
    It's nice to hear of someone with similar background with the same exact haplogroup. I haven't noticed anyone similar in the Haplozone E Project database yet. My ftdna paternal line matches don't seem to have done deep SNP testing, so I don't know about that either.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,145
    Given: 11,136

2 Not allowed!

Haplogroup E originated in the Middle East most likely.

Hatchling
    Last Online
    09-27-2014 @ 07:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish EV177 dna
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Default Haplogroup El177

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
    I woke up this morning to find that I had received four emails from FTDNA stating that about half(I had ordered the Y-DNA67 + mtFullSequence, also mtFullSequence for myself) of my father's y-DNA test results are ready. Of course I'm excited. Now I received my father's 23andme results around late June 2013. According to 23andme, my father's paternal haplogroup is E1b1b1c1a, which should supposedly be E-M84 in shortform. So I login to my father's FTDNA account to find "Your predicted haplogroup is E-L117". Needless to say, I'm stunned. I understand 23andme is not completely accurate with haplogroup groupings, but I still expected to find E-M84 plus whatever deep clade cluster grouping. E-L117 is apparently another way of saying E-M35?! Apparently E-L117 was formerly known as E-M35.1 so presumably he is simply E1b1b1 in longform(ISOGG 2014 E). Under the 'Y-DNA Haplotree' though, this all seems to be under the 'Presumed Positive' color coding and not the 'Tested Positive' color coding. Possibly because this is not the full 67-marker result and I'm still awaiting more?! My father's ethno-religious background is 100% Palestinian-Christian. He was born in Jerusalem but his ancestry 75% from Birzeit and 25% from Ramallah since just his paternal grandmother was from Ramallah and the rest of his entire family from Birzeit. He also has a very large well-documented direct-paternal family tree going back at least 600 years in the exact same village(Birzeit). For reference, Birzeit is only 13 miles north of Jerusalem and even closer to Ramallah, and it's a traditionally and historically very Christian village. E-M84 is the subclade grandson/son of E-M123 and E-M34, all three of which are pretty well established as very Levantine and very Semitic subclades of E1b1b. I felt ecstatic and reassured to know that my paternal line was Ancient-Levantine for sure; but this new haplogroup assignment is not so much that specific, I don't think. So.....I'm sort of at a loss here until I receive the full exact 67-marker result in a few more weeks' time.

1. Do I really have a completely different haplogroup assignment on FTDNA than 23andme?

2. If yes to question 1, how common is this? (I'm fully aware I should have sort expected this considering FTDNA is well-known for being completely accurate with haplogroups, whereas 23andme not so much).

3. Will I know everything I need to know once the full 67-marker result is in?

4. Do I really need to purchase SNPs(for example I'm thinking of E-M123/E-M34/E-M84 for sure)? (I thought it wouldn't be necessary since I ordered such a large marker test).

That's all the major questions I can think of for now.

I consider myself more of an expert(amateur, of course) on this stuff than the average person, but at the same time I am not claiming to be a major expert by any means.

I'm especially looking for input from: E1b1b folks, Middle Eastern-Christian folks, any sort of Levantine folks(Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Druze, etc.), anyone who is an FTDNA or haplogroup expert.

Thank you so much for any help in advance.

BTW: If you recognize the exact same thread in the 23andme forum(I made the thread there first) please don't link it because I've got my real name in my account over there and all that jazz.

I am ev177 Spanish migrated to america about 1500. Ev177 is spanish royal line. Also Albert Einstain was em35.

This link wil give you a list of countries and Surname that have ev177 and em35 in general.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ction=yresults

Wikipedia has a good migration chart and the different mutations locations.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)

This one has good information but some mythology into it read it with an open mind a weed out the good info.
    http://hamitic.wordpress.com/famous-...-halopgroup-e/

Last Online
    09-05-2017 @ 01:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c
    mtDNA
    I1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Happened across this query yesterday, and investigated. Please see http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpE.html . L117 is listed at E1b1b1, a parent clade to E1b1b1c. So, L117 is just a lower resolution classification. It doesn't contradict the E1b1b1c finer resolution classification. There are a number of different designations for the same sub-clades, and this can be very confusing. E-M1b1b1 is the same as E-M35.1. A sub-clade of this is E1b1b1c, which is classified by ISOGG as V6. V6 is contained in E-M35.1. Although not listed on the ISOGG map page, E1b1b1c1* is E-M34. "E-M34 is prevalent among Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews, as well as among Ethiopians. There is some agreement that it is a paternal lineage that emerged from Egypt, and then spread throughout western Asia and Europe from the Levant."--from http://www.geni.com/projects/E-M34-Y-DNA/8402. These maps are mostly valuable for establishing migration populations through history. Genetics is actually only 2% of the human genome. One must consider not just all of the genes (including autosomal) but the entire genome to completely understand the relationship of any one individual to any group. We cannot yet do this. However, it is likely that most Palestinians--including most Christian Palestinians--share distant ancestors with some European Jews, as well as other groups that either currently or at one time inhabited the Mediterranean littoral. However, one might have to go back thousands of years to find those ancestors. Historically, Jews were a highly endogenous population, so retain ancestral traits from the distant past. Therefore, sharing the same genetic pattern with members of such a group may only provide information about the distant past. It is of course ironic that two populations in such intense conflict share common ancestors, but after all, that is true ultimately for all humans.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information