View Poll Results: ...

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racial problem

6 28.57%
  • Social class/economic problem

4 19.05%
  • Not a problem (preferably explain why)

9 42.86%
  • Other (preferably explain why)

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans: Is your problem with Mexicans racial or social-class/economical?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

8 Not allowed!

Poverty. I don't want more and more of the American population to be reliant on food stamps, WIC checks, etc. But I feel the same way about immigrants at large for the same reason as well as native born Americans who are reliant on the government, not any one specific group.

Also I think that we should not make it easy for immigrants to avoid learning English, and we do. "Press 1 for English", having signs in stores in two languages, etc. I don't agree with this either.

But all in all I don't have any issue with Mexican immigrants and I'd certainly prefer them over most of the immigrants Europe receives.

Kitten Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2018 @ 04:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scots-Irish, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid-Alpinid
    Politics
    moderate
    Hero
    Zelda Fitzgerald
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 185

4 Not allowed!

I don't have a problem, I like some Mexicans, what I have a problem with is MASS immigration in ridiculously large numbers, I think more political responsibility needs to be put on Mexico as a nation to take care of their own people, and I say this because there are lower class Mexicans who behave as if they are still in Mexico, treating American women walking down the street alone as if they are prostitutes, screaming viva la Mexico and blasting terrible accordian music.

My problem is not at all with Mexican individuals, but with the attitude that some have that borders on ...home invasion. Most aren't like this, I know, because many are really just hard working, conservative, family oriented people. However, you should understand that even some Mexican American citizens are opposed to continued completely unchecked immigration of Mexicans.

There is a line between saying "yes some of these people are decent and we were all immigrants once" to going to another extreme and being overaccomodating to the point of stupidity. I mean, no started instituting Italian or Russian as a second language for those immigrants, I am not clear on why it's so important to accomodate Spanish, other than Big Business wanting Cheap Labor.

They need to assimilate if they want to live here, especially if they want to branch outside of California. I am more than happy to acquiesce parts of Southern California to them, seeing as that it was once Mexico anyway, but the entire country is not going to become assimilated to them. I don't find that more educated or sensible Mexicans have this sense of entitlement though, as I say, most Mexicans I have known aren't like this but there are just so many, and the reality is Mexico needs to take more responsibility for Mexicans.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scots-Irish, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid-Alpinid
    Politics
    moderate
    Hero
    Zelda Fitzgerald
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

6 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by legolasbozo View Post
    i stayed 3 month in santa monica, there were a lot of Mexicans. what i see i felt affinity to them, noticed similarities with Turks. they fond of family and respectful for its values. they are poor but honourable people. They are aggresive people like us, easily provoked. their cuisine has similarities with turkish cuisine. there is middle eastern traits in mexico so i felt close. even i saw a mexican family eating pineaple at the beach, and kids were playing football, it remind a turkish family eating watermelon and kids are playing football. for a moment, i thought i m in Turkey.
    LOL ...Santa Monica is predominantly white, so you didn't get the full experience. I lived in the San Fernando valley, and there are parts of Southern California that are close to 100 percent Latino.

My experiences with Mexicans are mostly good but there are some really bad elements in their culture that absolutely do not need to be assimilated into the culture of the United States, and I would say it's primarily the blase attitude towards "rape culture" and sexism, especially in the lower classes.

It's shocking how extreme the social class divisions are there. It's like you meet a Mexican man and he is pretty much the equivalent of a polite Southern gentleman who is deeply religious and working class, or you meet a Mexican person and he is lewd, disgusting, disrespectful and ignorant.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,996
    Given: 12,783

6 Not allowed!

I have no issue with anyone unless they choose not to follow the written and unwritten rules of our society.

Immigration is fine in limited doses and there should be a tough selection process. On occasion there is a dearth of skilled labor in a field, such as nurses (don't know if that is still the case). If a necessary job like that isn't being filled up fast enough by locals, I see no problem inviting people with the needed skills. But if you have nothing to offer, then you're off the team. I'm sorry but you have to go back to the minors, which is whatever difficult to pronounce country you come from.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 06-22-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-09-2014 @ 04:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sub-human
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    A2
    Politics
    Anti-Caribbean ; Anti-Central America
    Hero
    Awebo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,280
    Given: 1,790

1 Not allowed!

I hate Mexicans.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,121
    Given: 11,131

3 Not allowed!

I don't have a problem with Mexicans, at least not the ones in my area. I've had Mexican friends since I was in school, and they tend to be generally good people, and hard workers as opposed to the stereotypes.

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,193
    Given: 58,968

1 Not allowed!

im not an american and was never there, i met only one mexican woman in my life, she was old and married to a old austrian guy. didnt talked anything to her, just noticed that she is mexican. she was in same hospital as me. from my experiences on omegle, i think that mexicans are overall liked, and i think girls like them, because girls tend to flirt with me because they think im hispanic, and they ask me to say something in spanish, when i reveal that i dont speak spanish and that im romani, they stop talking to me and break the video connection, so i guess i would have it easier as hispanic then as what i am in the USA. Also the new girlfriend of silverknight once said her parents were more accepting of silverknight because of his spanish accent and because they saw him like a latino, not as african-american (which means they wouldnt like a african-american).
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-23-2014 @ 11:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanid
    Ethnicity
    mutt
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,464
    Given: 4,145

0 Not allowed!

I like everything about Mexicans
    Food and Girls

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,428
    Given: 28,057

2 Not allowed!

I prfer t if less Mexicans..... I understand their plight but running away from poverty is not going to end poverty. Start by forming you own nationalist parties and take back mexico from Washington puppets.....that would help anglo nationalists like me taking back my country from this insane government that is ruining our country to begin with. the problem I have with minorities is they support this government and spit on us for standing against the problem.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scots-Irish, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid-Alpinid
    Politics
    moderate
    Hero
    Zelda Fitzgerald
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMurican View Post
    im not an american and was never there, i met only one mexican woman in my life, she was old and married to a old austrian guy. didnt talked anything to her, just noticed that she is mexican. she was in same hospital as me. from my experiences on omegle, i think that mexicans are overall liked, and i think girls like them, because girls tend to flirt with me because they think im hispanic, and they ask me to say something in spanish, when i reveal that i dont speak spanish and that im romani, they stop talking to me and break the video connection, so i guess i would have it easier as hispanic then as what i am in the USA. Also the new girlfriend of silverknight once said her parents were more accepting of silverknight because of his spanish accent and because they saw him like a latino, not as african-american (which means they wouldnt like a african-american).
    Mexicans will do just fine even with white Southerners if they would just speak English, because the main complaint I see in Southern states and the MidWest is about Spanish. And I understand it, because well, there is an unfairness to it being nationwide. It seems practical in places like California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas...just like how some people in Louisiana and Quebec speak French....but is it really practical to expect people to be bilingual in the mountains of Tennessee? No, no it's not. And as I pointed out in an earlier post, no one accommodated refugees of the USSR this way following Perestroika, and no one accommodated the Italians, so I am not sure Mexicans should get what looks to border on preferential language treatment.

But aside from that they share many values with conservative white religious groups. More so I think than many naive far-leftists are bargaining for (for example, both sets of parents would be relieved that the opposite party was not black).

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information