Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Would you accept a blood transfusion from someone of another race... or die?

Last Online
    01-08-2017 @ 09:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bhutanese
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,170
    Given: 1,831

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    I think they fear both. They're often childless. They fear that mixed race children threatens the white race becoming extinct somehow. Even though thousands of white skinned people die from skin cancer every single year in the US alone, whilst the earth is heating and humans adapt in their features to survive in a climate over time.

[...]

Do you believe children would be happier if they burn in the sun, or don't burn in the sun?
    Climate warming is not directly related to increasing number of cases of skin cancer:

Depletion of stratospheric ozone leads to an increase in UV exposure and temperature, increasing the risk of skin cancer and cataracts. Alternatively, an increase in exposure to UV radiation can lead to elevated levels of Vitamin D, which has been associated with a decreased risk of some types of cancer.
    source
    During the period 1957-1984 the annual age-adjusted incidence rate of cutaneous malignant melanoma (CMM) increased by 350% for men and 440% for women in Norway. The annual exposure to carcinogenic sunlight in Norway, calculated by use of measured ozone levels, showed no increasing trend during the same period. Thus, ozone depletion is not a cause of the increasing trend of the incidence rates of skin cancers. The incidence rates of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) increase with decreasing latitude in Norway. The same is true for CMM in Norway, Sweden, and Finland.
    source
    By the way, sunscreen do not protect from skin cancer, they protect skin from burning:

In fact, a study in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics reports that:
    Sunscreens protect against sunburn, but there is no evidence that they protect against basal cell carcinoma or melanoma. Problems lie in the behavior of individuals who use sunscreens to stay out longer in the sun than they otherwise would. Vitamin D inhibition is, at this stage, unlikely due to insufficient use by individuals. Safety of sunscreens is a concern, and sunscreen companies have emotionally and inaccurately promoted the use of sunscreens.
    source
    On the top of that sunscreens contain cancerogenic materials.

Sunscreen protects your skin from UV rays, but they are actually needed for vitamin D production. Right levels of vitamin D protects from sunburning AND skin cancer.

However, correct sunbathing and usage of skin care products is not enough. Diet also plays a huge role ( as with prevention of every other type of cancer).

Me Ne Frego!
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German, Irish, Norman French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Politics
    Manifest Destiny/Radical Traditionalism
    Hero
    Mustang Wanted
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,838
    Given: 9,881

1 Not allowed!

You didn't answer my question.

I'm not advocating mixed race relationships, I'm defending the human right for 2 people who love each other to be allowed to have a relationship.

I still don't see why it bothers people more than the amount of people dying from skin cancer or other and more life-threatening and serious issues in the world.

I have people say to me I'm too white, too quiet, too thin, tell me to go tan myself, constant pressure in western society to unnaturally tan which will cause premature aging and skin cancer. I can't tan, and I suffered a few times as a child with sunburn on my shoulders simply after playing in the garden for half an hour in the English sun, but at school I felt under pressure to apply fake tan which I don't bother with now and having a mixed relationship wasn't something I planned, I just fell in love with a guy who looked after me as my first boyfriend and love. Since we split up, I've only dated white guys since, but it's not something I planned, it's just when you love someone, you love them, regardless of their hair or skin.

Imagine what love is like for 2 blind people who see no colour?
    I did forget to to answer the question.

I'd consider accepting a blood transfusion from anyone, but I'd most likely refuse an organ donation due to not wanting to deal with side effects from anti-rejection drugs.
    "Tradition is tending the flame, not worshiping the ashes." - Gustav Mahler

Last Online
    02-13-2022 @ 08:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,500
    Given: 12,446

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    Well, on the brink of death the whole out look changes, not only would I take, but would also give my blood to save another being of any race. If you ever have the opportunity to look into some one's eyes when they are dying it's a transcendental and unforgettable experience. Sweetie, on an individual level, there is nothing more important, and rewarding than nobility of the mind. Being noble minded is more important than everything else combined together, infinitely more important. Noble does not mean bleeding heart, means wise and human.

Ask yourself one question, what's the point of being born a human if one behaves, acts, and thinks like a baboon?
    You are declared Buddhist and you have to believe in karma. What is your opinion about blood transfusion from completely unknown person to your own body having in mind karma concept (you know what "krewny" means)? Such medical experiments were unknown during Buddha times. Is your karma after transfusion the same? You make conscious decision to mix your blood with the person of unknown karma and without any information about his/hers ancestors history line. Don't you think that according to karma concept you make a significant bond with people you don't know and you and your future kids will have to work out "alien" karma?

I am only speculating. I need an answer from the expert like you, because pre-christian Slavs, Balts, Germanics also believed in some kind of karma concept (not in Buddhist version, but rather concentrated on ancestors cult).
    Last edited by Veneda; 06-23-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2016 @ 03:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 734

1 Not allowed!

Typo in the title* Transfusion.
    What about organ transplants? If a perfectly healthy blood match or a healthy heart or liver was available and it was a choice between life or death.
    I want to know what the racists will say in posts they are against inter-racial relationships, etc, and how far they will take their stupidity.
    Of course, I would accept it. And I will be very greatful to person donated blood for me.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-16-2014 @ 06:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,846
    Given: 4,747

0 Not allowed!

I would consider it reluctantly for Eurasians and Native Americans, but I would die before being injected with Jew or negro blood.

Last Online
    01-07-2018 @ 05:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ancient
    Ethnicity
    Dorian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,096
    Given: 2,740

1 Not allowed!

I wont even ask
    ...actually i have never heard anyone asking...hey is this blood coming from a white person ? i hope the kindey you put me is not from Maori ?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-16-2014 @ 06:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,846
    Given: 4,747

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linet View Post
    I wont even ask
    ...actually i have never heard anyone asking...hey is this blood coming from a white person ? i hope the kindey you put me is not from Maori ?
    A patient should really be able to assume that the blood they are being given is safe, I find it appalling that requiring a blood donation in countries like the US that have become multicultural hell is essentially playing Russian roulette with one's veins and probably brain.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

How about superblood?

Could US Soldiers be given ‘superblood’ to beat biological toxins?
    Could deliver drugs to civilians to do everything from reducing cholesterol to treating strokes
    Researchers say the 'piggyback' technique could even deliver drugs to specific areas of the body
    By MARK PRIGG

PUBLISHED: 18:40 GMT, 1 July 2014 | UPDATED: 18:59 GMT, 1 July 2014

American soldiers could soon receive blood transfusions to give them 'superblood' immune to biological warfare toxins, it has been revealed.

The same technique could also be used to deliver drugs to civilians to do everything from reducing cholesterol to treating strokes.

Researchers say the 'piggyback' technique could even deliver drugs to specific areas of the body.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz36RxJqqjn

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information