Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
    Let me write the question again.

Why are those truths considered noble? Wouldn't every truth be noble? Or there are truths that aren't considered noble as those four?
    Is a lie with the intent of protecting someone noble too?
    They are considered noble, because they reveal the true state of reality as you can perceve it around you. Now, you can argue isn't gravity as important of a truth as those 4? No it is not, the laws of nature like gravity will never be a reason your mind gets cleaned up of stupidity. Do not get offended, we are all fucking stupid to varying degrees, me you and everone else on this fucking planet.

They are considered noble because when you understand and practice them, you transform your mind into something noble, Aryan. Nothing but the mind can be noble.

So that's why, in a nutshell.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Last Online
    09-28-2023 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pilot
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Trondheim
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    U5a1b1
    Taxonomy
    Nordid - Borreby
    Politics
    "Right wing extremist"
    Hero
    Erich Hartmann; Hans-Ulrich Rudel; Wernher von Braun; Charles Lindbergh
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,252
    Given: 3,832

0 Not allowed!

Just finished up the unit on Buddhism for my World Religions class.

Wasn't impressed.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeF22 View Post
    Just finished up the unit on Buddhism for my World Religions class.

Wasn't impressed.
    You need to be more specific, what is it that left you so unimpressed?
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pilot
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Trondheim
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    U5a1b1
    Taxonomy
    Nordid - Borreby
    Politics
    "Right wing extremist"
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    You need to be more specific, what is it that left you so unimpressed?
    I just don't see what it has to offer the modern world and the future. Not enough emphasis on technological advancement or Elitism.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I just don't see what it has to offer the modern world and the future. Not enough emphasis on technological advancement or Elitism.
    Let me play a devil's advocate for now. Who's fault do you think that is, Buddhism's, or yours? The understanding of the value of Buddhism you have now I mean.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pilot
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Trondheim
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    U5a1b1
    Taxonomy
    Nordid - Borreby
    Politics
    "Right wing extremist"
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Let me play a devil's advocate for now. Who's fault do you think that is, Buddhism's, or yours? The understanding of the value of Buddhism you have now I mean.
    Buddhism's. It's a pacifist philosophy that would have no tolerance for ethnic cleansing.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Buddhism's. It's a pacifist philosophy that would have no tolerance for ethnic cleansing.
    As far as I know Japan, China, Thailand, Burma, Mongolia to think of it all the Buddhist countries are ones the most ethnically pure in the world. How come?

There is nothing that forbids Buddhist to remove the intolerant from their midst. As a matter of fact, it id a responsibilty of a Buddhist to make sure the intolerant are not tolerated. To preserve the noble teaching the primitive minds have to be put in their place so they cannot destroy the teachings, as that would be a tragedy for all future generations.

There is much you need to learn about Buddhism my friend.

My bet is the Buddhist coutries will be still there going strong, when the decadent West is but a withered memory.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Banned
    Last Online
    05-18-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Napulitan/Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ancestry
    Vesuvio tribe, Germanic Lowlands
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    K2a
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized gracile Med + CM
    Politics
    Justice & Peace
    Hero
    Ötzi the Iceman
    Religion
    L’uocchie sicche so’ peggio d”e scuppettate
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,114
    Given: 4,398

1 Not allowed!

In all monotheistic religions, the ''prophets'' did all the work for you. You just have to believe that they were appointed by god to bring us the ''truth'' for mankind how we should live and behave and that there is a god who watches us our whole lifes and punishes us after we return to dust. I don't say this is impossible, because I personally believe there is a ''god'' or maker of this world and the universe around us, but the question arises; do you want to find ''god'' or do you want to find the truth in yourself and let yourself free from all worldly distractions without incarcerating your mind with ''belief'' rather than truth and is this even possible for us human beings ? Why are there so many interpretations of the genesis of our existence, and why are there so many frictions between these worldviews..? No one can really answer this..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
    In all monotheistic religions, the ''prophets'' did all the work for you. You just have to believe that they were appointed by god to bring us the ''truth'' for mankind how we should live and behave and that there is a god who watches us our whole lifes and punishes us after we return to dust. I don't say this is impossible, because I personally believe there is a ''god'' or maker of this world and the universe around us, but the question arises; do you want to find ''god'' or do you want to find the truth in yourself and let yourself free from all worldly distractions without incarcerating your mind with ''belief'' rather than truth and is this even possible for us human beings ? Why are there so many interpretations of the genesis of our existence, and why are there so many frictions between these worldviews..? No one can really answer this..
    Sure we can answer it. In one word ignorance to reality.

You show all the signs of a mind ready to awaken to reality. There is no one to save you, there is no plan to save you, all you've got is your mind. We are born alone, we die alone, we are alone, that's our natural state in reality. Some may say this is a bad news.

Here is the good news, it's all up to you, you are in charge, even better news is that you do not need anybody to save yourself, you is all you need. Your mind is your laboratory, your way out of stupidity.

Knowing beats believing every single time. Believing in anything does not make it true. In real spiritual work believing is useless. You must observe reality without any pre conceptions whatsoever. Don't let anyone tell you what reality is, see for yourself.

Your instincts are healthy, your mind is ready, now all you need is the effort, and perseverance on the path. Expect nothing, assume nothing, just see what reality wants to teach you.

Don't throw any enlightenment parties just yet you are just beggining the journey, start learning and practicng, first samadhi, then vipassana meditation. That is how you develop mindfulness. The road is long and tough, but the alternative is unacceptable in the long run.

You've got what it takes, don't waste it. Remember, your own noble mind is the greatest good you can be or have.

Good luck bro!
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Banned
    Last Online
    05-18-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Napulitan/Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ancestry
    Vesuvio tribe, Germanic Lowlands
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    K2a
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized gracile Med + CM
    Politics
    Justice & Peace
    Hero
    Ötzi the Iceman
    Religion
    L’uocchie sicche so’ peggio d”e scuppettate
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,114
    Given: 4,398

1 Not allowed!

Like I said I'll take it serious when studying it, but I'm not an atheist in the sense that I believe we are not created for a purpose, or that the world around us is caused by chance alone.

What the real cause was behind all of this ''life'' and our perceived ''reality'' as we observe it in the present is still unknown as people are still trying to find out what really caused all of this to be so detailed, structured and evolutionary programmed in the sense that we are in the middle of a progress which starts all over again in the next generations in a continuum, that we are destined to mold within our own lives to help the progress of evolution to eventually develop further to a stage which is unknown, but where many people are hypothesizing about.

I think it's both good to either pray or/and meditate to become more mentally stable.

Sure we can answer it. In one word ignorance to reality.

You show all the signs of a mind ready to awaken to reality. There is no one to save you, there is no plan to save you, all you've got is your mind. We are born alone, we die alone, we are alone, that's our natural state in reality. Some may say this is a bad news.

Here is the good news, it's all up to you, you are in charge, even better news is that you do not need anybody to save yourself, you is all you need. Your mind is your laboratory, your way out of stupidity.

Knowing beats believing every single time. Believing in anything does not make it true. In real spiritual work believing is useless. You must observe reality without any pre conceptions whatsoever. Don't let anyone tell you what reality is, see for yourself.

Your instincts are healthy, your mind is ready, now all you need is the effort, and perseverance on the path. Expect nothing, assume nothing, just see what reality wants to teach you.

Don't throw any enlightenment parties just yet you are just beggining the journey, start learning and practicng, first samadhi, then vipassana meditation. That is how you develop mindfulness. The road is long and tough, but the alternative is unacceptable in the long run.

You've got what it takes, don't waste it. Remember, your own noble mind is the greatest good you can be or have.

Good luck bro!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information