CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

1 Not allowed!

Default The Second Noble Truth

It states: desire is the cause of all suffering.

Desire for whatever gets everybody in trouble sooner or later, one way or another.

Discuss desire, your take on it.

Please make it count, you don't need to be Einstein, and it will be valuable, just refrain from being a smart ass it adds nothing of value.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    It states: desire is the cause of all suffering.

Desire for whatever gets everybody in trouble sooner or later, one way or another.

Discuss desire, your take on it.

Please make it count, you don't need to be Einstein, and it will be valuable, just refrain from being a smart ass it adds nothing of value.

You still suffer even without desire. If you want to be really free of the cycle of reincarnation as Buddhism's ultimate goal is, you should remain Christian, a religion which doesn't believe in reincarnation anyway. If you die you go straight to the after-life, after which one will remain in eternity in pure enjoyment of the Logos. In Buddhism, after being enlightened you may still stay and may become a Bodhisattva (A person who gained enlightenment but won't enter Nirvanna yet) which is still susceptible to reincarnation.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf
    ____
    However, I am not a against Buddhism and I would like our old Buddhist structures in Padang Lawas, Sumatra be rebuilt after the Hindu and Islamic sacking.
    That Buddhist Tantra be recovered and studied. And there may be a new flowering of Buddhist philosophy, post-classically like there was a flowering of Greek-philosophy [which is pagan in origin] in Christian Europe.

Anyway, it's fun talking with you Arctic Wolf. I'm going to be banned soon (On my own request because I have IRL stuff to do) but I did learn alot about Buddhism and the analysis of direct reality as well as the methodology of mindfulness from you. Buddhists are cool.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    However, I am not a against Buddhism and I would like our old Buddhist structures in Padang Lawas, Sumatra be rebuilt after the Hindu and Islamic sacking.
    That Buddhist Tantra be recovered and studied. And there may be a new flowering of Buddhist philosophy, post-classically like there was a flowering of Greek-philosophy [which is pagan in origin] in Christian Europe.

Anyway, it's fun talking with you Arctic Wolf. I'm going to be banned soon (On my own request because I have IRL stuff to do) but I did learn alot about Buddhism and the analysis of direct reality as well as the methodology of mindfulness from you. Buddhists are cool.
    Thank you kind Sir!

It's late I gotta hit the sheets, but I'll answer tomorrow, my eyes are closing.

You are a good guy, I learned a lot about Philippines from you.

See ya tomorrow.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Thread Information