PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Swedes - Page 34
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Swedes

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 05:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No
    Ethnicity
    No
    Country
    Andorra
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

TBH I don't find anything special about the beauty of the swedes. IDK why people exagerate it so much...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,959
    Given: 11,670

1 Not allowed!

My stereotype of a Swede still boils down to this guy.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2018 @ 05:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No
    Ethnicity
    No
    Country
    Andorra
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breedingvariety View Post
    Because blond hair are not meant to be combined with dark skin. Example: black women dying their hair blond- epitome of grotesque.

Last Online
    05-25-2020 @ 08:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tellurian
    Ethnicity
    Homo Novus
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Sui Generisoid
    Politics
    Eurofuturist
    Hero
    Hero of Alexandria
    Religion
    Apollonianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

Never understood the fetish for Swedes or Scandinavians in general. The first time I heard that such a stereotype of Swedes being extraordinarily beautiful existed, I was severely confused. We're no more attractive than anyone else or even look all that different from any other Northern/Central/Northeastern European nationality (with the possible exception of Brits, whom I don't consider Northern Europeans). I've never understood the stereotype of blondness either seeing that at least 3/4 of the adult population has various shades of brown hair. That seems fairly similar to the frequency of blond individuals in any other country above the alps. Does anyone have any information on how, when and why the myth of the beautiful, blonde Swedes spread in the first place?
    'The fiercest fighting zone of nationality is Macedonia, and here the races so shade into one another that it was possible for the Bulgarian professors to find only seven hundred Serbians, where the Serbian statisticians found over two million and the Greek enumerators no Serbians at all.'

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,195
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

The most extensive book on Swedish raceology:

https://archive.org/details/racialch...lund/page/n129

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingHazén View Post
    Never understood the fetish for Swedes or Scandinavians in general. The first time I heard that such a stereotype of Swedes being extraordinarily beautiful existed, I was severely confused. We're no more attractive than anyone else or even look all that different from any other Northern/Central/Northeastern European nationality (with the possible exception of Brits, whom I don't consider Northern Europeans). I've never understood the stereotype of blondness either seeing that at least 3/4 of the adult population has various shades of brown hair. That seems fairly similar to the frequency of blond individuals in any other country above the alps. Does anyone have any information on how, when and why the myth of the beautiful, blonde Swedes spread in the first place?
    Now it would be fair to publish your own ethnic background, where in Sweden you have lived and how long?

Anyway ... if Swedes are not extra ordinary beautiful ... I don't think there are anybody who are exactly extra ordinary beautiful. Just to fair to say...

Swedes have wunnit 2 titles in Miss Univerium and 3 titles in Miss World beauty contests (more than most of other Europeans ... especially if keeping in minds population sizes).

Swedes reminds enough British ... and British/Americans influences a lot what is called beautiful and what not. Plus if you are light(er), that won't exactly ''harm'' you.

Swedes have been always good on marketing themselves.

Other Nordics voted Swedish best lookings Nordics:
    https://www.thelocal.se/20140723/swe...in-the-nordics

If you do not agree with that, it's fine/ok. No matter what, there are (and have been) still enough who do ... just to keep it alive. Tastes variates.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 02-22-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tellurian
    Ethnicity
    Homo Novus
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Sui Generisoid
    Politics
    Eurofuturist
    Hero
    Hero of Alexandria
    Religion
    Apollonianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Now it would be fair to publish your own ethnic background, where in Sweden you have lived and how long?

Anyway ... if Swedes are not extra ordinary beautiful ... I don't think there are anybody who are exactly extra ordinary beautiful. Just to fair to say...

Swedes have wunnit 2 titles in Miss Univerium and 3 titles in Miss World beauty contests (more than most of other Europeans ... especially if keeping in minds population sizes).

Swedes reminds enough British ... and British/Americans influences a lot what is called beautiful and what not. Plus if you are light(er), that won't exactly ''harm'' you.

Swedes have been always good on marketing themselves.

Other Nordics voted Swedish best lookings Nordics:
    https://www.thelocal.se/20140723/swe...in-the-nordics

If you do not agree with that, it's fine/ok. No matter what, there are (and have been) still enough who do ... just to keep it alive. Tastes variates.
    Why do you even care so much what I think about my own countrymen, being a Finn? Aren't Finns supposed to hate Sweden? You're obviously quite young (you say 20 but judging by your writing style and grammar I would have assumed younger) and I've lived in Sweden and Norway my entire life (mainly on the west coast near Göteborg, and right now central Sweden in Västmanland) so I think I would be better equipped to explain to foreigners what my country is like than a half-Finn with dual citizenship. You seem to be struggling somewhat with English so if you know Swedish you can PM me in that language if you want.
    'The fiercest fighting zone of nationality is Macedonia, and here the races so shade into one another that it was possible for the Bulgarian professors to find only seven hundred Serbians, where the Serbian statisticians found over two million and the Greek enumerators no Serbians at all.'

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingHazén View Post
    Why do you even care so much what I think about my own countrymen, being a Finn? Aren't Finns supposed to hate Sweden? You're obviously quite young (you say 20 but judging by your writing style and grammar I would have assumed younger) and I've lived in Sweden and Norway my entire life (mainly on the west coast near Göteborg, and right now central Sweden in Västmanland) so I think I would be better equipped to explain to foreigners what my country is like than a half-Finn with dual citizenship. You seem to be struggling somewhat with English so if you know Swedish you can PM me in that language if you want.
    I just want to know are you ethnic Swedish or not (your genetics)? Nowadays living in Sweden (a'la: my whole life) won't prove anything.

Me? I'm ''enough'' Swedish.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tellurian
    Ethnicity
    Homo Novus
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Sui Generisoid
    Politics
    Eurofuturist
    Hero
    Hero of Alexandria
    Religion
    Apollonianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I just want to know are you ethnic Swedish or not (your genetics)? Nowadays living in Sweden (a'la: my whole life) won't prove anything.

Me? I'm ''enough'' Swedish.
    I've never done a genetics test, but as far as I know I'm Swedish by origin. The reason I don't put Sweden as my country is that I identify more with the great European humanist tradition (renaissance, scientific revolution, protestant reformation, enlightenment etc.) than with any single European country.

BTW, do you speak perfect Swedish? If not, I think people would rather trust someone who does on matters of Swedish ethnicity and culture.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    08-08-2022 @ 06:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallic and Iberian
    Ethnicity
    French/Spanish
    Ancestry
    Many parts of France (mainly in South). Eastern Spain.
    Country
    France
    Region
    Occitania
    Taxonomy
    Don't know
    Politics
    Patriote
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 291

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    My stereotype of a Swede still boils down to this guy.

What is their problem in Sweden ?

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread Information