Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £60 million cable car lines over London to help cut city traffic and help the environment.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,710
    Given: 5,851

0 Not allowed!

There needs to be plans to make London less crowded or at least halt the overcrowdedness. Building a new airport or extending it & connecting high speed rail. Will put more pressure on London & then we have these projects to help.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Scotland, & Wales
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,213
    Given: 5,756

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Yeah I understand. Motorways are ugly. I'd hate to be a lorry driver there though.
    Yes! It's one thing sitting in a couple of hours of queues on your way to a holiday. Another to sit in them frequently at some times of the year, when you just want to get on with your job. And if the main road gets closed and you have to go off on a back route...

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

0 Not allowed!

There needs to be plans to make London less crowded or at least halt the overcrowdedness. Building a new airport or extending it & connecting high speed rail. Will put more pressure on London & then we have these projects to help.
    London has been overpopulated since the Victorian era by looking at the old crammed Victorian houses in areas. (London was the world's most populous city from around 1831 to 1925 according to wikipedia).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London

The UK has a population of over 64 million people (87.1% of which are white according to the 2011 census on wiki) so we were already overpopulated before millions of more people arrived through immigration.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

45% of Londoners are White British according to the 2011 census, so we're a minority in London,
    and the other 55% of people living in London are immigrants or British born people of many other ethnic groups
    (we have a lot of Poles, Caribbean, Indian, Asian, and immigrants with accents from around the world).
    Birmingham (England's second largest city) is going the same way as London.

You should see videos of the London tubes, bridges, roads and streets during the rush hours.... crowds of people everywhere showing it's overpopulated. Tubes and buses arrive in Zone 1 in Central London every 3 minutes, yet the buses, tubes and platforms are all crammed everywhere you look during the rush hours.

So as inflation rises, so does the houses prices, food costs and parking charges keep rising (London is now officially the most expensive city to live in, to eat, study, park, drive, and was found to be the most expensive city just for a night out), yet until we can't control our immigration borders whilst we stay in the EU.

The UK population is more than the total populations for Canada, Australia and New Zealand combined! And most of the UK's population is concentrated in the south-east of England; ie Greater London region.

If loads more immigrants head to the UK, they're probably going to have to live outside of London.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-02-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There's already 8 airports in the Greater London region (5 of which are international), plus the Eurostar at St. Pancras International, plus Victoria Coach Station, major rail stations, the M25 orbital motorway circling around the whole of Greater London, the extension at Heathrow and the new driverless pods there to help cut traffic.

The sky above London is classified as the worlds busiest airspace, so a unique choreography for take-offs and landings every 45 seconds at Heathrow is used, it's a system using stacks. I think 8 airports is enough.

We have the Blackwall Tunnel under the River Thames, which is very useful and a good idea, plus London has the worlds second most extensive tube network after the metro in Shanghai, and we have the worlds deepest underground tube system... and yet the tubes are very overcrowded still!

The buses in London have their own transport lanes, plus we have bicycle lanes, and free parking for small electric vehicles... yet the roads are still congested. It can take more time to travel from one side of the city to the other through Central London, than driving to the seaside and coast from Ldn.

There was a lot of protests in Westminster City over the new motorbike parking fees too. A shopping centre in Angel, Islington, north London, called the N1 (after the postcode region) was charging people £100/hour to park there which caused some outrage, which was shown in the Islington Gazette newspapers several years ago. Although loads of bus routes travel there, plus people have a tube service to Angel on the Northern Line (which has the deepest escalator in western Europe at the Angel tube station and lots of wide platform space at the tube station there).

We have boat-buses along the canals and along the River Thames, and tubes and buses arrive every 2-3 mins across zone 1, yet it's still heavily congested during the rush hours.

I think the solution is to vote UKIP and then we will be able to control our immigration borders.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

London won the bid to host the World Athletics Championships in 2017, plus England is hosting the World Rugby Cup next year in 2015 across stadiums and arenas here, so the cable cars which head to Stratford City in East London where the Olympic Park stadium will host some of the events should help to lighten the London Underground and the busy roads during these forthcoming events too.

I'd like to see some more Zip Wires in London, although the London Mayor, Boris Johnson, got stuck on the BT Zip Wire in Victoria Park in east London, so maybe that's not such a good idea, but I think it would be very energy-efficient and a fun way to cut over the congested London traffic, and crammed buses and tubes.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    Haha, I remember that, it was so funny and he was stuck there for ages! So undignified, it would only happen to him- he's such a buffoon . Reminds me of when he fell in the river. Think I might have posted this before, but it's worth posting again

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You know Boris Johnson plays on that persona? It was deliberate. He's smarter than what he acts.

I'd like to see the real Boris when the publicity acts aren't in full swing. You know Camerons Eton chum.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You know Boris Johnson plays on that persona? It was deliberate. He's smarter than what he acts.

I'd like to see the real Boris when the publicity acts aren't in full swing. You know Camerons Eton chum.
    Wow, cynical . How could the zip wire especially be deliberate? He probably does play on the persona to cute it up, but I think he naturally is a bit of a bumbling fool. Smarter than he makes out though, yes, and no, nobody's going to be perfect. I don't think all people who attended Eton are inherently bad. People can be well-intentioned even if they get it wrong. I don't dislike Cameron either. You really don't like the Tories do you?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
    You really don't like the Tories do you?
    Nope. They go against something that is important to me & that is a radical progressive land-reform & progressive taxation, my favourite being the land value tax. They think the Highlands is an empty-place to shoot deer & wear tweed on their hundred acre estates, to come up to visit once & a while. But the Highlands was man-made to get that way in the Victorian mindset. Same with the Borders.

They are against green energy mostly too. They're against reform of democracy in parliament, supportive of first past the post & no democratic vote in the second tier house of Lords. That should be unheard of in todays 1st world.

Most things I support. The tories don't. Not going to even bother with what they're doing with the NHS in England.

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

1 Not allowed!

It would be nice if the UK government spent more on infrastructure in North England. The infrastructure spend imbalance is a joke

Am seeing all these boastful projects & it reminds me of the neglect of other region.

Not just northern England. Southern cities suffer too.
    Spoiler!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information