Thread: "Northern Irish" isn't a proper nationality

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,439
    Given: 28,081

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I think the whole thing has been manipulated by the British powers to divide and conquer. Ulster was always the most rebellious and Gaelic part of Ireland e.g. Red Hugh O'Donnell and the O'Neill's. They were the last part of Ireland to be conquered and they did this by whole scale population replacement of the native population.

The thing is that both Catholics and Protestants in the North of Ireland have some Scottish input so they are basically the same population hating on each other. My father is from North Roscommon and a lot of names are very Scottish even though it is in the Republic. There are loads of Campbells and MacDonalds. My Great Grandmother is a Leland which is from MacClelland and MacLelland. Irish and Scots are very related so they are all mad and all should get their dna tested to realise how stupid the whole thing is.
    My mother's father was born in Southern Ireland....from the mostly 'O'Sullivan area hahah [A very big clan of people], but what is odd is she has some scottish surnames in her tree. Surnames like Wallace and Cunningham, Graham... on my great grandmother's side. I found it odd when I began looking up the surnames. Then I notice my surname Powers....is Anglo-Irish or from the Normans who took over. The people with more norman or anglo surnames were considered the old English people.... they remained catholics but have mostly English roots from the medieval age. I have many of those types of surnames on my father's side. My dad has also some northern Irish roots, and then English from the mayflower...the Puritans/Pilgrims as we call them here.

There is a statute in Salem with my eldest ancestor's name in the America's. Also one at Plymouth rock in Cape Cod [still a very WASP area in Massachusetts].

Last Online
    01-28-2018 @ 11:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    White, cis gender shit lord
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celt-WASP A pariah of the west.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    The power of Kek
    Religion
    God Emperor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,439
    Given: 28,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanic King View Post
    Well, they are FROM Ulster. Ulster is their land so...kind of like with native americans. You're still born and raised in America so you're just as American as anyone from here.
    No New Englander....please get it right man.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,004
    Given: 28,364

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanic King View Post
    My ancestors were Ulster Clelands....
    They are all versions of the same name. The name Leland in Ireland is associated with Scot's immigration. They could have possibly come from Ulster. My father was from his father's second family and never knew his grandmother's name. He would have been very surprised. He was very much a Republican. He would have been fascinated to know as much about his ancestry as I do. I would love to know more about the name's origins. I've read that the name is originally from Argyle.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-02-2014 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 114

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crow View Post
    My mother's father was born in Southern Ireland....from the mostly 'O'Sullivan area hahah [A very big clan of people], but what is odd is she has some scottish surnames in her tree. Surnames like Wallace and Cunningham, Graham... on my great grandmother's side. I found it odd when I began looking up the surnames. Then I notice my surname Powers....is Anglo-Irish or from the Normans who took over. The people with more norman or anglo surnames were considered the old English people.... they remained catholics but have mostly English roots from the medieval age. I have many of those types of surnames on my father's side. My dad has also some northern Irish roots, and then English from the mayflower...the Puritans/Pilgrims as we call them here.

There is a statute in Salem with my eldest ancestor's name in the America's. Also one at Plymouth rock in Cape Cod [still a very WASP area in Massachusetts].
    My great great grandmother was a Powers from Ireland....

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No New Englander....please get it right man.
    You're still an American national regardless.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

I have Norman in my family tree. My Great Grandmother was a Butler. I've also married into an Irish family with a Norman name. There are so many Norman names in Ireland. The Normans in Ireland actually came from Wales and they also brought along a lot of Welsh soldiers with them. You should look up Power's Court in Co. Wicklow (very beautiful). They might be related to you.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I have Norman in my family tree. My Great Grandmother was a Butler. I've also married into an Irish family with a Norman name. There are so many Norman names in Ireland. The Normans in Ireland actually came from Wales and they also brought along a lot of Welsh soldiers with them. You should look up Power's Court in Co. Wicklow (very beautiful). They might be related to you.
    Or me

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Anyway the whole Northern Irish conflict is tragic and crazy. I think it should be mandatory for all those agitators to take a dna test and see how close Catholic and Protestant populations are to each other. If two such close populations can't get on together what hope is there for everyone else?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Not of importance.
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Anyway the whole Northern Irish conflict is tragic and crazy. I think it should be mandatory for all those agitators to take a dna test and see how close Catholic and Protestant populations are to each other. If two such close populations can't get on together what hope is there for everyone else?
    I've seen many Orangemen with Gaelic last names....

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,753
    Given: 5,855

2 Not allowed!

Last high king of ireland was of Norman descent, from up this way. Edward Bruce

Bruce campaign in ireland

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information