Page 345 of 379 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3786

Thread: Post unpopular opinions here

  1. #3441
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    calxpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Posts
    2,986
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,917
    Given: 10,905

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossa-slongo View Post
    I only had bubble tea once years ago in Brazil, it came with some weird bubble that popped and had some syrup inside. The pearls you talk about are the tapioca ones?
    Yes the large tapioca ones, there are other types of pearls which are way more pleasant to drink with bubble tea but are underrated imo.
    =(^.^)=

  2. #3442
    aguante el pincha
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    capocannoniere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, a bit of Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Perpetual migrant Polentone
    Ancestry
    Italian proper: Veneto, Friuli, Lombardia, Austrian Italians: Sudtirol/Trento.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Veneto
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid or Dinaro/Alpinid
    Politics
    Unaboomer
    Hero
    Germano Mosconi
    Religion
    Estudiantes de la Plata and Vasco da Gama
    Gender
    Posts
    1,210
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 974
    Given: 877

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Yes the large tapioca ones, there are other types of pearls which are way more pleasant to drink with bubble tea but are underrated imo.
    They've been giving tapioca pearls steroids in North America then. We use tapioca pearls for a hot dessert with mulled wine called sag, an they are tiny.
    And indeed, from the chewy texture they have, it is really not safe and enjoyable for them to be large.

    Now I feel like having boba, glad I don't live in a village anymore
    Hilderaldo Lus Bellini. Son of Italian immigrants, Vasco da Gama player, first Brazilian to ever lift the World Cup.
    "Coion el ozel chel ga s-chifo del so nido" (Stupid is the bird who despises its own nest)

  3. #3443
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Teutone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Hero
    Tobacco and Tracksuits
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Gender
    Posts
    21,626
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,387
    Given: 16,639

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Beyaz Trkler(Wannabe western Turks) are far worse than Kara Trkler(Muslim rural Turks)

    Wannabe western Turks are technically woke supremacists in a society that has a different reality in terms of the overton window.

    A real respectable Turk would not feel any sympathy to the west, western "values", school of thoughts.

    You beyaz Trkler are like white liberals marching at BLM protests or whites that are obsessed with anime culture.

    The term for it is "Hypercultural".

    This term refers to a more dynamic and increasingly complex culture where boundaries and spatial proximity lose significance due to a heavy reliance on technology such as the Internet. This instantaneous, worldwide access to information produces an environment of unlimited possibility with steady doses of stimulation, and in this setting, entertainment, once just a past time, begins occupying all intervals between periods of work. The downside is that traditional cultural markers such as the arts, science, technology, and politics can be reduced to sound bites and consumerism. People in this fast-paced scene can easily become impatient, distracted, and bored because the culture requires constant input to refuel, and individuals resort to extreme behaviors just to be noticed.

    This forum sadly has no Turk proud of his actual culture, customs, religion and history.

    All hate islam, traditional values, patriarchy, the ottoman empire and so on.

    Get some self respect.


  4. #3444
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    calxpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Posts
    2,986
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,917
    Given: 10,905

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossa-slongo View Post
    They've been giving tapioca pearls steroids in North America then. We use tapioca pearls for a hot dessert with mulled wine called sag, an they are tiny.
    And indeed, from the chewy texture they have, it is really not safe and enjoyable for them to be large.

    Now I feel like having boba, glad I don't live in a village anymore
    Haha you could say that! And no they aren't but for some reason It's what most people want...although I will say things have improved since bubble tea first came out, I've been seeing places carrying the smaller flavor-filled pearls and even jelly more often than before.

    I feel like boba too although I've had mixed experience with boba drinks, some places I've gone too have made it very fruity and flavorful while others made it yogurty and watery.
    =(^.^)=

  5. #3445
    aguante el pincha
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    capocannoniere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, a bit of Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Perpetual migrant Polentone
    Ancestry
    Italian proper: Veneto, Friuli, Lombardia, Austrian Italians: Sudtirol/Trento.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Veneto
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid or Dinaro/Alpinid
    Politics
    Unaboomer
    Hero
    Germano Mosconi
    Religion
    Estudiantes de la Plata and Vasco da Gama
    Gender
    Posts
    1,210
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 974
    Given: 877

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Beyaz Trkler(Wannabe western Turks) are far worse than Kara Trkler(Muslim rural Turks)

    Wannabe western Turks are technically woke supremacists in a society that has a different reality in terms of the overton window.

    A real respectable Turk would not feel any sympathy to the west, western "values", school of thoughts.

    You beyaz Trkler are like white liberals marching at BLM protests or whites that are obsessed with anime culture.

    The term for it is "Hypercultural".

    This term refers to a more dynamic and increasingly complex culture where boundaries and spatial proximity lose significance due to a heavy reliance on technology such as the Internet. This instantaneous, worldwide access to information produces an environment of unlimited possibility with steady doses of stimulation, and in this setting, entertainment, once just a past time, begins occupying all intervals between periods of work. The downside is that traditional cultural markers such as the arts, science, technology, and politics can be reduced to sound bites and consumerism. People in this fast-paced scene can easily become impatient, distracted, and bored because the culture requires constant input to refuel, and individuals resort to extreme behaviors just to be noticed.

    This forum sadly has no Turk proud of his actual culture, customs, religion and history.

    All hate islam, traditional values, patriarchy, the ottoman empire and so on.

    Get some self respect.
    Yup, for some weird reason the wokest people here are Turks.

    Hyperculture reaches me a lot for someone born and raised in a small rural town that was (an still is a bit) a cultural and ethnical enclave in Brazil.Our local music, food, language, tradition and religion is being replaced steadily with globohomo crap.
    Catholicism only exists due to older generations, the rich fall prey to New Age gurus, the poor to Pentecostalism, a lot of the traditional Italian food is replaced by either "Brazilian" food or Americanized artery bombs, our accent is day by day more similar to the ones in So Paulo and Rio, and a local scene of music that once was a thing is dead. Also don't even want to mention that kids there days don't have the chance to play street football anymore, this bothers me a lot.
    I try to hold what is still here, but culture is culture only if people are involved. Local "content creators" at least have been reminding people of their past, and I am less pessimistic than before.

    While I disagree on a lot of conservative stances, it is a lot better than whatever shit the "progressives" try to force on us. People living in traditionalist countries should feel happy for the social cohesion it brings. They surely are not missing fucking neutral pronouns and whatever crap they try to promote to say every normal person is a hate criminal here in the globalised world.
    Hilderaldo Lus Bellini. Son of Italian immigrants, Vasco da Gama player, first Brazilian to ever lift the World Cup.
    "Coion el ozel chel ga s-chifo del so nido" (Stupid is the bird who despises its own nest)

  6. #3446
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Richmondbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Gender
    Posts
    14,850
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,939
    Given: 9,257

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossa-slongo View Post
    Led Zeppelin may have paved the way for most of Hard Rock and Metal, but the songs I've heard from them have nothing to write home about, compared to the further development of rock music.
    I am mostly a listener of music, I can do only the basics on guitar. Maybe they are stuff for musicians.
    Stairway to heaven, what is it even about ?

    Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk

  7. #3447
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Celestia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    $crewston
    Ethnicity
    pumpkin spice & everything nice
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    13,181
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22,519
    Given: 15,120

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Large black boba pearls are too dangerous to be enjoyable in bubble tea.
    Lol. I hate boba. I dont like the texture or the taste. I dont see the appeal. The teas are great without them though.
    Whats done in darkness will come to light

  8. #3448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Last Online
    10-03-2022 @ 05:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pure romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Posts
    181
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 59

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Beyaz Trkler(Wannabe western Turks) are far worse than Kara Trkler(Muslim rural Turks)

    Wannabe western Turks are technically woke supremacists in a society that has a different reality in terms of the overton window.

    A real respectable Turk would not feel any sympathy to the west, western "values", school of thoughts.

    You beyaz Trkler are like white liberals marching at BLM protests or whites that are obsessed with anime culture.

    The term for it is "Hypercultural".

    This term refers to a more dynamic and increasingly complex culture where boundaries and spatial proximity lose significance due to a heavy reliance on technology such as the Internet. This instantaneous, worldwide access to information produces an environment of unlimited possibility with steady doses of stimulation, and in this setting, entertainment, once just a past time, begins occupying all intervals between periods of work. The downside is that traditional cultural markers such as the arts, science, technology, and politics can be reduced to sound bites and consumerism. People in this fast-paced scene can easily become impatient, distracted, and bored because the culture requires constant input to refuel, and individuals resort to extreme behaviors just to be noticed.

    This forum sadly has no Turk proud of his actual culture, customs, religion and history.

    All hate islam, traditional values, patriarchy, the ottoman empire and so on.

    Get some self respect.
    Islam is not very Turkish. Well, Anatolians are not very Turkish either. Anyway I don't think Beyaz Trkler hate all of that but associate them with the backwardness of the Kara Trkler.

  9. #3449
    Curaca Incal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Gender
    Posts
    19,496
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,259
    Given: 10,293

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossa-slongo View Post
    Yup, for some weird reason the wokest people here are Turks.

    Hyperculture reaches me a lot for someone born and raised in a small rural town that was (an still is a bit) a cultural and ethnical enclave in Brazil.Our local music, food, language, tradition and religion is being replaced steadily with globohomo crap.
    Catholicism only exists due to older generations, the rich fall prey to New Age gurus, the poor to Pentecostalism, a lot of the traditional Italian food is replaced by either "Brazilian" food or Americanized artery bombs, our accent is day by day more similar to the ones in So Paulo and Rio, and a local scene of music that once was a thing is dead. Also don't even want to mention that kids there days don't have the chance to play street football anymore, this bothers me a lot.
    I try to hold what is still here, but culture is culture only if people are involved. Local "content creators" at least have been reminding people of their past, and I am less pessimistic than before.

    While I disagree on a lot of conservative stances, it is a lot better than whatever shit the "progressives" try to force on us. People living in traditionalist countries should feel happy for the social cohesion it brings. They surely are not missing fucking neutral pronouns and whatever crap they try to promote to say every normal person is a hate criminal here in the globalised world.
    Is it me or almost every brazilian on this forum —you and the pharaoh being the exception— are uber leftards?

  10. #3450
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Gender
    Posts
    65,692
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,343
    Given: 40,348

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Is it me or almost every brazilian on this forum —you and the pharaoh being the exception— are uber leftards?
    lucas certainly isn't leftist either.

Page 345 of 379 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Post an unpopular opinion you hold
    By TheBlondeSalad in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 04-04-2020, 06:03 PM
  2. Post Controversial Opinions.
    By Caismeachd in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 03-10-2020, 03:55 AM
  3. Barack Obama: the most unpopular man in Britain?
    By Bloodeagle in forum United Kingdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 04:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •