Page 205 of 455 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4541

Thread: Post unpopular opinions here

Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,653
    Given: 11,587

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    The reason that wild cats kill their animal before eating it isn't because of mercy, but so that it can stop screaming. And there are many videos on YouTube I've seen of wild cats eating their prey alive.

The animals go into a state of shock when they're being eaten alive and this numbs the pain. During extreme stress, your body releases endorphins that gives you an adrenaline rush and stops pain signals from traveling to your brain. Basically, the animals are in such a state of shock that the pain gets numbed. But still, I'm not sure this is 100% effective all the time (like if it takes too long to eat) and animals that survive getting eaten alive would have it really hard. Nature can be cruel. Many people and animals also die of hunger and thirst which is probably more painful most of the time.

These animals have evolved over the course of thousands of years for this. I'm sure that there must have been some sort of coping mechanism for getting eaten alive.

Here are some descriptions from people who survived horrible shark attacks:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ath-experience

https://abc11.com/paige-winter-shark...beach/5351295/

By the way, spotted hyenas are native to Europe but got killed by humans. The species of spotted hyena in Sub-Sahara is the same as the one that used to exist in Europe.

There was one vegan who said that he wanted to make carnivores extinct and for all carnivores to become vegan through genetic engineering. He said that some animals suffer too much because of the existence of carnivores. His name is David Pearce. He is part of a growing movement that believes in this ideology. Another famous person who writes about the issue is Brian Tomasik. He claims that the destruction of forests is a good thing because less animals suffer when there are less of them around. He seems to support the killing of all carnivores.
    I am not sure that hunted animal didnt feel terrific pain while teared apart by hyenas, and eaten half its organs while it is still alive.
    Didnt know that spotted hyenas lived in Europe. It is not surprise that they finished genocided.

I am not vegan at all, eat a lot of meat. But hey, be human and respectful, let your food end its life in quick and painless way and in dignity.
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,931
    Given: 7,454

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    I am not sure that hunted animal didnt feel terrific pain while teared apart by hyenas, and eaten half its organs while it is still alive.
    I already gave you an explanation for it. They go into a state of shock that it numbs the pain. Basically the pain is so strong, they don't feel it.

Read the examples I gave you of shark survivors that didn't feel pain when they were ripped apart by sharks.

Didnt know that spotted hyenas lived in Europe. It is not surprise that they finished genocided.
    Yep. Even the subspecies that spotted hyenas belonged to are still alive today in Sub-Sahara. So they're almost genetically identical to the ones that went extinct in Europe. The ones that used to live in Europe are called "cave hyenas".

I am not vegan at all, eat a lot of meat. But hey, be human and respectful, let your food end its life in quick and painless way and in dignity.
    Telling wild animals to be human and respectful?

Most predatory animals (except for cats to some degree) kill their animal painfully. This includes wolves.

Its true that hyenas and wild dogs are often more cruel than many other animals, but its not like other animals are "human and respectful" either.

Something I should remind you is the reason that animals eat their prey alive and don't kill them instantly is because their body/jaws/teeth are not built to be able to do that. If hyenas were able to kill with one bite, they would do it so the prey stops screaming, but they aren't able to. That's why bears, dogs, wolves, hyenas, crocodiles, etc. often tear their animals apart before it dies. And if they don't eat their prey quickly, another animal will steal it from them, so they start eating when its still alive.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,653
    Given: 11,587

0 Not allowed!

I already gave you an explanation for it. They go into a state of shock that it numbs the pain. Basically the pain is so strong, they don't feel it.

Read the examples I gave you of shark survivors that didn't feel pain when they were ripped apart by sharks.

Yep. Even the subspecies that spotted hyenas belonged to are still alive today in Sub-Sahara. So they're almost genetically identical to the ones that went extinct in Europe. The ones that used to live in Europe are called "cave hyenas".

Most predatory animals (except for cats to some degree) kill their animal painfully. This includes wolves.

Its true that hyenas and wild dogs are often more cruel than many other animals, but its not like other animals are "human and respectful" either.

Something I should remind you is the reason that animals eat their prey alive and don't kill them instantly is because their jaws and teeth are not built to be able to do that. If hyenas were able to kill with one bite, they would do it so the prey stops screaming, but they aren't able to. That's why bears, dogs, wolves, hyenas, crocodiles, etc. often tear their animals apart before it dies. And if they don't eat their prey quickly, another animal will steal it from them, so they start eating when its still alive.
    Ok Mingle, nature is cruel.

But hyenas are worst. They choping their prey slowly, like they are enjoying in suffering.
    No more hyenas in Europe. Yey.
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

5 Not allowed!

I can confirm Mingle is right.

10 years ago I had horiffic head and back injury by crashing with bike to the sea and hitting rock frontally, which tore my nose apart and split my skull in forehead area so even brain was visible.

I didn't fell unconscious (but one witness did) and I felt no pain at all. Your body enter state of shock and shakes uncontrolably but you actually feel nothing.

It's much worse to witness it as bystander than experience it.

Bottom line, I doubt animals feel pain in horrible situations.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    I can confrim Mingle is right.

10 years ago I had horiffic head and back injury by crashing with bike to the sea and hitting rock frontally, which tore my nose apart and split my skull in forehead area so even brain was visible.

I didn't fell unconscious (but one witness did) and I felt no pain at all. Your body enter state of shock and shakes uncontrolably but you actually feel nothing.

Reminds me of how my brother was biking and fell headfirst into a rock. He was running away from like hundreds of bees and after he cracked his skull he literally ran all the way home because of the adrenaline and didn't feel anything. His head was bleeding like crazy also. Pretty crazy.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,931
    Given: 7,454

0 Not allowed!

But hyenas are worst. They choping their prey slowly, like they are enjoying in suffering.
    They don't do it slowly. They eat at a normal pace, maybe even at a fast pace since they eat in groups and have stronger bites than most other carnivores.

The "laughing" that hyenas do is actually how they bark. It sounds similar to a human laughter but its not actually a laugh. All animals bark or growl or make noises. Its just that the hyena one sounds weird similar to a human laughter so people think they're laughing.

Watch this video of a man playing with hyenas

Hyenas are mostly innocent creatures like other animals. They just kill to survive. They aren't some sort of cruel monsters that take pleasure in pain. And as I already said, the animals are numbed by shock, so they mostly don't feel the pain anyways.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    I can confirm Mingle is right.

Bottom line, I doubt animals feel pain in horrible situations.
    im sorry that happened to you

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Something I should remind you is the reason that animals eat their prey alive and don't kill them instantly is because their body/jaws/teeth are not built to be able to do that. If hyenas were able to kill with one bite, they would do it so the prey stops screaming, but they aren't able to. That's why bears, dogs, wolves, hyenas, crocodiles, etc. often tear their animals apart before it dies. And if they don't eat their prey quickly, another animal will steal it from them, so they start eating when its still alive.
    I think the reason for that endorphin rush and the numbing of pain is meant to help the animal escape the situation. If a human or animal were preoccupied with intense sensations of pain while under attack it's less energy and focus going into trying to survive it. Nature doesn't really care about emotions and suffering so its all about the practical benefits.

But watching videos of hyenas killing their prey it's almost inconceivable that the animals are not going through extreme pain anyway. We can't know for sure what they're feeling.

One thing is for sure, hyenas and wild dogs are more efficient killers than big cats. Their hunting strategy of endurance and cooperation within large packs is ideal for wearing down animals in the savanna that can easily run at 50mph.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Europe still has wolves, which if Im not mistaken hunt pretty similarly to hyenas. Basically running animals down and then biting them in the groin and belly till they die of shock...and I doubt they care if the animal is dead before they start eating.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Anyone can be accused of being "passive aggressive" and ironically, it is probably the most extremelly coward accusation because it is very hard to deffend youself against it.
    You can be accused of that for anything you say, the more you talk, the more likely it will be for you to be accused.
    Not to mention that it is also extremelly contradictory to accuse someone of it on the internet...
    The computer as we know today would not even exist if a guy called as "Alan Turing" were not "passive aggressive".
    Another thing is that labelling persons and behaviours are wrong and moralist, the laws of nature are not based on moralism, so the next someone accuse you of it, have it in mind that there is not much to worry about, just insecure and jealous people that project too much trying to hurt you( specially if it is in the internet.)

Page 205 of 455 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast

Thread Information