Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,275
    Given: 1,534

4 Not allowed!

Default Ayatollah Khamenei urges Iran to prepare for 'new world order'

Ayatollah Khamenei urges Iran to prepare for 'new world order'
    Iraqi women walk past a poster depicting images of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Baghdad, Feb. 12, 2014. (photo by REUTERS/Ahmed Saad)

In a meeting with the Assembly of Experts, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said that the world is entering a “new order” as the West's influence wanes and that officials in the Islamic Republic need to be aware of the changes and prepare to play a role in the new context.

After World War II, Western countries took over the management of the world, especially in countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, said Ayatollah Khamenei. They did this by promoting a specific type of cultural values and using military and political might. Khamenei said that both of these types of power have been challenged and are now uncertain.

Ayatollah Khamenei said that this “order was in the process of change,” and “When the world is changing, when global order is changing and a new order is being formed, naturally we have a more important duty.”

The first thing to be done is to understand the new world order correctly, Khamenei said. “The power of the West on their two foundations — values and thoughts and the political and military — have become shaky. We have to understand this” rather than submitting to the idea of Western superiority.

The second task is “to prepare ourselves to play a role in this new order.” He said that Iran needs to use all of its capabilities, both inside and outside the country. Externally, he said, Iran has strategic depth and interests via Islam, language and Shiism.

Ayatollah Khamenei added that Iran has influence in Asia and Latin America, and that officials should focus on science, the economy and culture.

In regard to culture, the supreme leader said that there are some in the Islamic world and even in Iran who believe the West’s claims that Western values are superior. He said that these values have caused the foundation of family life to become unstable. He added that some in the West feel that feminism is a “trap” for women. He criticized that the issue of homosexuality had become a question of values in the West in that if a politician opposed it, “It would be construed as a negative point on his record.”

In the military realm, Khamenei said there are those who have resisted the West’s superiority in political and military matters and have felt pressure for their resistance. He added that since WWII, the United States has preached democracy and human rights but has been involved in the overthrowing of a number of governments.

He also blamed the West for the rise of fundamentalists like the Islamic State and other fundamentalist groups. He recounted how during the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s, Lebanese Sunni cleric Sheikh Saeed Shaaban had warned him about Western plans “to entangle Iran on the eastern border.”

Khamenei said that he was "incredulous" because Afghanistan was on Iran's Eastern border, and this statement predated the Taliban and al-Qaeda. He said after he was told this, the Taliban gained power and even in Western media, the Taliban was discussed in a way that “promoted them.”

----------------------

Just figured it'd be a relevant read for those that have a thematic focus on the NWO.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

4 Not allowed!

I quite agree with him, as long as he doesn't have any major imperialist leanings like some other followers of Islam.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 08:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Highlander Greek
    Ancestry
    Mountains....mountains Gandalf
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Alpine Pontid
    Hero
    Herodotus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,067
    Given: 11,454

0 Not allowed!

Go Iran!

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2015 @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I quite agree with him, as long as he doesn't have any major imperialist leanings like some other followers of Islam.
    I think that Iran nowadays is more a soft-power regional leader than anything else. In military theory, the Iran-Iraq War of the 80s is studied as an example of a catastrophic confrontation, and a good part of the Iranian intelligence goals somehow reflect what they had to live during those days.

Being a Shia-majority nation in an overwhelmingly Sunni region has forced Iran to be pretty cautious, and most of their goals in the Mid East and West Asia are about favouring and funding allies, and getting other governments to play ball by offering good deals. They do that with Armenia and Afghanistan for example, using electricity and gas investments, among other things, to get influence.

In the Muslim world they've become the master of proxy wars and proxy groups, they have interests vested in Lebanon through Hezbollah, in Syria through Assad, in Palestine through Islamic Jihad, and of course in Iraq which is now greatly dependent on Iranian military and financial aid to stay aflote. Probably you can add to that Bahrain's Al-Wefaq fighting the monarchy, and if you believe Western media, the Houthis in Yemen.

All in all, I think they have their hands full and their tactics are anything but reckless. Even their ballistic development is purposedly kept under 1000 miles.
    I doubt Imperialism would arise in Iran anytime soon. Simply not worth it.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-31-2014 @ 10:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Antique.
    Ethnicity
    Remnants of the Antique past.
    Country
    Flanders
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Irano-pontid.
    Politics
    Imperium rex romanorum
    Religion
    Roman paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 932
    Given: 1,686

0 Not allowed!

a "new order" ? "When the world is changing ... naturally we have a more important duty" ? How does he all spit this out of his ass ? The country is an immense shit, and when he talks about science, he primarly meant "Atomic bomb - BOOM-" because I can't see how he wants to promote "science, culture & Co" with the very deeply closed regime he has put in place, with all the tortures of true iranians that have the same idea than him but more in the western way, and ironically he sends them more in jails than "promoting" them, really silly and weird stuff he wants to make people believe only outside of his country.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Moriendi View Post
    I think that Iran nowadays is more a soft-power regional leader than anything else. In military theory, the Iran-Iraq War of the 80s is studied as an example of a catastrophic confrontation, and a good part of the Iranian intelligence goals somehow reflect what they had to live during those days.

Being a Shia-majority nation in an overwhelmingly Sunni region has forced Iran to be pretty cautious, and most of their goals in the Mid East and West Asia are about favouring and funding allies, and getting other governments to play ball by offering good deals. They do that with Armenia and Afghanistan for example, using electricity and gas investments, among other things, to get influence.

In the Muslim world they've become the master of proxy wars and proxy groups, they have interests vested in Lebanon through Hezbollah, in Syria through Assad, in Palestine through Islamic Jihad, and of course in Iraq which is now greatly dependent on Iranian military and financial aid to stay aflote. Probably you can add to that Bahrain's Al-Wefaq fighting the monarchy, and if you believe Western media, the Houthis in Yemen.

All in all, I think they have their hands full and their tactics are anything but reckless. Even their ballistic development is purposedly kept under 1000 miles.
    I doubt Imperialism would arise in Iran anytime soon. Simply not worth it.
    Thanks, very interesting information.

Yeah my impression of them is generally OK, they do seem more restrained and sensible than some others.

That is why i sometimes get a little agitated at Europe and America's generally negative stance towards them, as they seem to me as more reliable than some others in the region. However, i assume there are supposedly good reasons for this state of affairs (although whether or not it's in the public's interest is another issue), although the people that are involved do not necessarily want to talk openly about it (not surprising).

I certainly think if the western world in general tried to use more dialogue and less bombs and threats we would all be in a better position, but i probably don't know half of what people high up the chain of command in places like the USA know, let alone whether i would act in the same way or not if i did know.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phularion View Post
    How does he all spit this out of his ass ? The country is an immense shit, and when he talks about science, he primarly meant "Atomic bomb - BOOM-" because I can't see how he wants to promote "science, culture & Co" with the very deeply closed regime he has put in place, with all the tortures of true iranians that have the same idea than him but more in the western way, and ironically he sends them more in jails than "promoting" them, really silly and weird stuff he wants to make people believe only outside of his country.
    I'll just keep the Westernizing put downs on Iran, and simply point out a revelant fact regarding Iranian R&D published 2 years ago:

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/cult...ience-war.html

While Israel still leads in the number of patents it registers in the US, the last two indexes that were checked reveal that the gaps between Israel and Iran and Turkey are narrowing. The Technion researchers warn that if this trend continues, Iran and Turkey are expected to close the gap within a few years.

The researchers note that the rapid progress in the Middle Eastern countries is the result of high investments, new initiatives to construct research centers, collaboration with high-quality universities of developed countries and more
    But the highest scientific research activity rate is to be found in Iran. According to the Thomson Reuters report, the scope of Iran’s research activity is growing at a yearly rate that is 11 times greater than the rest of the world’s countries

卍Descendant of a Simurgh and Garuda卍 Shah-Jehan's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-22-2017 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    卍Indo-aryan/Indo-Iranian卍
    Ethnicity
    বাঙালি
    Ancestry
    Aryavarta + Eranshahr
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Aryan
    Politics
    বাংগালীয়ানা
    Hero
    Ishvar
    Religion
    ইসলাম
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,475
    Given: 11,852

0 Not allowed!

^ The high rate of Iranian scientific growth is a very known fact,

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,509
    Given: 5,744

1 Not allowed!

I ve always seen Iran as the final destination of this war drive. Iran can't be acceptable for many reasons (not only the nuclear). It was so important to put down Assad in Syria and finally get a good grip around the region. It didn't go exactly as expected but they will find a way, specially now and conveniently.. Poutine has a situation on his own. Blaming Assad for ISIS? No one seriously believe that, but it's a new angle lately.
    The Empire certainly won't target Iran directly any time soon, still the matter of its containement and control is profound.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    I ve always seen Iran as the final destination of this war drive. Iran can't be acceptable for many reasons (not only the nuclear). It was so important to put down Assad in Syria and finally get a good grip around the region. It didn't go exactly as expected but they will find a way, specially now and conveniently.. Poutine has a situation on his own. Blaming Assad for ISIS? No one seriously believe that, but it's a new angle lately.
    The Empire certainly won't target Iran directly any time soon, still the matter of its containement and control is profound.
    I agree. Although I'd add that Russia, just like Iran (and maybe China down the road in the future) is also being targetted through difamation and sponsoring of proxy "revolutionaries" just like they did in Maidan last year.

What sort of confirms this tendency is how close Moscow and Tehran have been getting since the whole Ukrainian mess started. And I don't mean the well publicized oil-for-goods agreement that will make it quite possible for both of them to bypass their respective sanctions, but a deeper connection in diplomacy and Eurasian affairs. I'm thinking that in the short to medium term, we'll be seeing the beginning of a minor form of coordination between the CSTO and the Iranian military exercises.
    Just a guess from my part though, could be wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information