Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for Gibraltar to Expand Its Territory?

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 10:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    G-R
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    K2b2
    mtDNA
    N+
    Religion
    none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,803
    Given: 288

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alfieb View Post
    Sure but periodically uninhabited islands aren't centers of Western civilization. It's not comparable to the ancient city of Ceuta.

Back to topic, the UK has many fiscal paradises which I naturally despise. For this reason (among others), I think Spain should get Gibraltar back, France Jersey and Guenesey etc.

Todos contra nos Y nos contra todos Empecinado's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 10:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,867
    Given: 4,236

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulj View Post
    I have nothing against Gibraltar going back to Spain
    But seeing how two-faced you are I prefer to keep it in safe hands.
    Especialy when you mention that the population is foreign and have no say in anything.
    I shudder to think what you would do to those poor inhabitants, probably burn them at the stake

I have shown many times that Gibraltar is not Ceuta/Melilla, and no one consider it to be the same, only Moors. And that population is foreign and have no say is what UNO says too, just lik Pied Noirs had no voice in the independence of French North Africa and had to leave.

And don't project your Muslim-tribal genocide cravings to civilized people.

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,084
    Given: 223

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Empecinado View Post
    I have shown many times that Gibraltar is not Ceuta/Melilla, and no one consider it to be the same, only Moors. And that population is foreign and have no say is what UNO says too, just lik Pied Noirs had no voice in the independence of French North Africa and had to leave.

And don't project your Muslim-tribal genocide cravings to civilized people.
    Civilized people would respect the will of Gibraltarians and give more Land to Britain to expand Gibraltar
    Hi everyone!

Banned
    Last Online
    02-28-2017 @ 09:13 AM
    St kilda,Close to the no. 16,96 tram routes and the 246 bus in Barkly Street, Australia
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance,Celtic,Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Italian/english/curleytop
    Ancestry
    From the big bang and Stears
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    Austrian 1670 class Electric Locomotive 1928-1932
    mtDNA
    NSKK Brigade- Speer Regiment no.7
    Taxonomy
    Curleytop
    Politics
    Sicilian night clubs
    Hero
    TheBrownBear,The Murican,Richard Dawkins,Tima the scat queen of Europe, Pat Condell
    Religion
    CERN Particle Accelerator!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,151
    Given: 1,098

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglojew View Post
    Glad we're in agreement for once. How large do you think we should expand the territory to become? Perhaps we could purchase it from the Spaniards? I hear real estate in Spain is dirt cheap.
    Maybe buy all of Spain!

Ülev

0 Not allowed!

bump

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

Obviously the answer is 'no' but you can't care about territorial sovereignty/historic ownership AND self-determination equally. If you prioritise self-determination, as the UK clearly does in all cases, even to its own detriment (for example, Scottish independence referendum) then obviously Gibraltar should remain a British overseas territory, or 'colony' if you prefer, regardless of what the UN says (and really, people only care what the UN says when the UN happens to agree with them).*

If you care about historic ownership then regardless of how fucked up Morocco is, Spain should give it Ceuta and Melilla, which btw it has only held for about 400 years, and also the Canary Islands (idem). The UK is more developed than Spain, should we not give them Gibraltar for that reason alone? Besides, by this point in history, we've owned Gibraltar longer than the Castillians ever did.

Interesting to see Spanish members dismiss the point about Gibraltarian pro-Britishness whilst touting Ceutan and Melillan pro-Spanishness. A lot of inconsistencies on this point.

*BTW this point could be resolved by making the territories integral parts of the UK ... which we haven't done at least partially because the locals don't want it done.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,627
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Obviously the answer is 'no' but you can't care about territorial sovereignty/historic ownership AND self-determination equally. If you prioritise self-determination, as the UK clearly does in all cases, even to its own detriment (for example, Scottish independence referendum) then obviously Gibraltar should remain a British overseas territory, or 'colony' if you prefer, regardless of what the UN says (and really, people only care what the UN says when the UN happens to agree with them).*

If you care about historic ownership then regardless of how fucked up Morocco is, Spain should give it Ceuta and Melilla, which btw it has only held for about 400 years, and also the Canary Islands (idem). The UK is more developed than Spain, should we not give them Gibraltar for that reason alone? Besides, by this point in history, we've owned Gibraltar longer than the Castillians ever did.

Interesting to see Spanish members dismiss the point about Gibraltarian pro-Britishness whilst touting Ceutan and Melillan pro-Spanishness. A lot of inconsistencies on this point.

*BTW this point could be resolved by making the territories integral parts of the UK ... which we haven't done at least partially because the locals don't want it done.
    I was about to point out some inconsistencies from your opinion and British position in that issue, but it isn't worth it to start unnecessarily any discussion, because I have read and heard already the British point of view.

As soon as a British starts talking about Gibraltar he becomes a Russian talking about Crimea.

So ,enjoy Gibraltar.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    I was about to point out some inconsistencies from your opinion and British position in that issue, but it isn't worth it to start unnecessarily any discussion, because I have read and heard already the British point of view.

As soon as a British starts talking about Gibraltar he becomes a Russian talking about Crimea.

So ,enjoy Gibraltar.
    I'm sure there are many inconsistent British opinions on the matter, but not on my part. If you're going to call me out for inconsistency, please highlight the inconsistencies so I can either rectify or clarify. When I pointed out Spanish inconsistencies, without naming names, I specified what I was talking about. If you don't think it's worth your time to point out my supposed ones, perhaps you shouldn't have bothered commenting at all?

BTW Crimea should belong to Russia, although the way it happened was deeply immoral and a violation of several treaties Russia and Ukraine signed only 25 years ago - Russia should care more about its honour. The majority of Crimeans clearly want to be part of Russia (although not 97% or whatever ridiculous number that referendum indicated) and the majority of Russians clearly agree so it should pertain to Russia. On the other hand we captured Gibraltar fair and square in 1704 in an open war and this was ratified in Utrecht by you in 1713.

Of course lots of people are inconsistent on this issue:

If you're Spanish you oppose self-determination for Catalonia, Scotland, Gibraltar, Crimea and Kosovo, but support it for Ceuta and Melilla
    If you're British you support self-determination for Catalonia, Scotland, Gibraltar, Kosovo, Ceuta and Melilla, but oppose it for Crimea
    If you're Russian you support self-determination for Catalonia, Scotland, Gibraltar, Crimea, Ceuta and Melilla, but oppose it for Kosovo

One might almost pick up on a pattern.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm sure there are many inconsistent British opinions on the matter, but not on my part. If you're going to call me out for inconsistency, please highlight the inconsistencies so I can either rectify or clarify. When I pointed out Spanish inconsistencies, without naming names, I specified what I was talking about. If you don't think it's worth your time to point out my supposed ones, perhaps you shouldn't have bothered commenting at all?

BTW Crimea should belong to Russia, although the way it happened was deeply immoral and a violation of several treaties Russia and Ukraine signed only 25 years ago - Russia should care more about its honour. The majority of Crimeans clearly want to be part of Russia (although not 97% or whatever ridiculous number that referendum indicated) and the majority of Russians clearly agree so it should pertain to Russia.

If you're Spanish you oppose self-determination for Catalonia, Scotland, Gibraltar, Crimea and Kosovo, but support it for Ceuta and Melilla
    If you're British you support self-determination for Catalonia, Scotland, Gibraltar, Kosovo, Ceuta and Melilla, but oppose it for Crimea
    If you're Russian you support self-determination for Catalonia, Scotland, Gibraltar, Crimea, Ceuta and Melilla, but oppose it for Kosovo

You are comparing different things. If we talk about Gibraltar, we must take about Gibraltar.

Surely you know about what "whataboutism" is.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

BTW Crimea should belong to Russia, although the way it happened was deeply immoral and a violation of several treaties Russia and Ukraine signed only 25 years ago - Russia should care more about its honour. The majority of Crimeans clearly want to be part of Russia (although not 97% or whatever ridiculous number that referendum indicated) and the majority of Russians clearly agree so it should pertain to Russia.

You are comparing different things. If we talk about Gibraltar, we must talk about Gibraltar.

Surely you know about what "whataboutism" is.

Edit:sorry, i am with the usual database error.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information