View Poll Results: Should Republika Srpska secede from BiH and join Serbia?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 66.98%
  • No

35 33.02%
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Republika Srpska secede from BiH and join Serbia?

Last Online
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,682
    Given: 11,611

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vožd View Post
    There are less Serbs as well, less than milion now. A lot of people leaved Bosnia.
    Based on vital statistics and results of elections, there are 1 million Serbs in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    Few thousand more or less.

The point is 1.4 million Muslims cannot rule the other two nations.
    They are small, and their number is shrinking, too.
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

There are more Croat declared Bunjevci in Serbia, but some of them declare self as Bunjevci, Serbia just recognize will of both groups.
    OK. I wouldn't even want those that declare as ethnic Bunjevci.

We think that Montenegrins are Serbs ethnically, but still Serbia recognize their will as well.
    I think that too. But Montenegro was at least a historical country, like Austria compared to Germany. What were Bunjevci? Dinaric Croat Catholics who migrated to Pannonia and developed special name surrounded by Magyars and Germans.

In '90 yes, especially during Šešelj propaganda campaign, but now is different.
    Ok.

Serbia can't leave Vojvodina because Vojvodina is part of Serbia
    I meant Croats.

Same with Montenegrins, and Croatia not just recognized Montenegrin ethnicity (wchich Serbia do as well) but also support dictator Đukanović anti-Serbian propaganda who calling declared Serbs in Montenegro as "posrbice" and do persecution of Serbian church. Croatia supporting that side in any possible sense, condemning Serbia for "great Serbain policy" and other bullshits. Day basis shiting about Montenegrin Serbs in Sabor by people like Prkačin, who say that have support of most of political parties in Croatia about Montenegro.
    Croatia was attacked by Montenegro in the 90s so ofc it's in it's interest to be separate from Serbia. But to tell the truth most of people see them as renegade Serbs.
    And Montenegro is internationally recognized country. Officially many see Austrians as stand alone ethnicity but most think they are just Germans.

Serbia could also play this game with supporting Istrian ethnicity (12% of Istrian population are declared Istrians).
    6% were Italians on last census in 2011.

Thats just myth, they are Slavic by both culture and genetic.
    Similar myth like about Bunjevci.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,637
    Given: 4,645

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    What were Bunjevci? Dinaric Croat Catholics who migrated to Pannonia and developed special name surrounded by Magyars and Germans.
    This is not true. Term Bunjevac originated in Dinaric region. Creators of name Bunjevci are Orthodox Serbs, they started to call Bunjevci their neighbors who spoke same language and converted from Orthodoxy on Catholicism or already were Catholics. Term Bunjevci is created as a derogatory. Orthodox Serbs never used term Bunjevci for chakavians and kaykavians.

Vladimir Ardalić (1857-1920) in his work "Bukovica - Narodni život i običaji" wrote some specific local words of Bukovica Serbs (he was one of them).
    Under the B on the link: Bunjevac - derogatory name for a Catholic https://www.rastko.rs/antropologija/...a_rjecnik.html

Bukovica and other Dalmatian Serb peasants never heard for Bunjevci in Bačka, but still they called own neighbors of Catholic religion Bunjevci. My grandmother whole life call Catholic Christmas "Bunjevac" Christmas.

Family Šimić from Plavno near Knin converted from Catholicism to Orthodoxy over 200 years ago. Still until recently other families from that village called them "Bunjevci" regardless they are Orthodoxes for many generations.
    Above Alfirović (9) and Plemena su https://sr.wikisource.org/sr-el/Книн...НО

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Spare me your rants, subhuman.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,637
    Given: 4,645

0 Not allowed!

Spare me your rants, subhuman.
    Sick dirty bitch, i know much much more about Bunjevci than you!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,432
    Given: 6,775

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    This is not true. Term Bunjevac originated in Dinaric region. Creators of name Bunjevci are Orthodox Serbs, they started to call Bunjevci their neighbors who spoke same language and converted from Orthodoxy on Catholicism or already were Catholics. Term Bunjevci is created as a derogatory. Orthodox Serbs never used term Bunjevci for chakavians and kaykavians.

Vladimir Ardalić (1857-1920) in his work "Bukovica - Narodni život i običaji" wrote some specific local words of Bukovica Serbs (he was one of them).
    Under the B on the link: Bunjevac - derogatory name for a Catholic https://www.rastko.rs/antropologija/...a_rjecnik.html

Bukovica and other Dalmatian Serb peasants never heard for Bunjevci in Bačka, but still they called own neighbors of Catholic religion Bunjevci. My grandmother whole life call Catholic Christmas "Bunjevac" Christmas.

Family Šimić from Plavno near Knin converted from Catholicism to Orthodoxy over 200 years ago. Still until recently other families from that village called them "Bunjevci" regardless they are Orthodoxes for many generations.
    Above Alfirović (9) and Plemena su https://sr.wikisource.org/sr-el/Книн...НО
    There is even a German name form Bunjewatzen for these. In the German Wikipedia article it's assumed that they were not Croats from the beginning, but were derived from "Illyrians" and Vlachs, that then later assimilated themselves into various majority ethnicities.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunjewatzen
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    There is even a German name form Bunjewatzen for these. In the German Wikipedia article it's assumed that they were not Croats from the beginning, but were derived from "Illyrians" and Vlachs, that then later assimilated themselves into various majority ethnicities.

They are about as Vlach/Illyrian as other dinaric Croats.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,424
    Given: 1,640

0 Not allowed!

OK. I wouldn't even want those that declare as ethnic Bunjevci.

I think that too. But Montenegro was at least a historical country, like Austria compared to Germany. What were Bunjevci? Dinaric Croat Catholics who migrated to Pannonia and developed special name surrounded by Magyars and Germans.

Ok.

I meant Croats.

Croatia was attacked by Montenegro in the 90s so ofc it's in it's interest to be separate from Serbia. But to tell the truth most of people see them as renegade Serbs.
    And Montenegro is internationally recognized country. Officially many see Austrians as stand alone ethnicity but most think they are just Germans.

6% were Italians on last census in 2011.

Similar myth like about Bunjevci.
    Yes, but im talking about Croatian support of Đukanović.

Đukanović: tryed to expell Serbian church for no reason no matter Serbian church is supported by most of Orthodox people in Montenegro (including declared Montenegrins)
    Orthodox belivers: Start with protest
    Đukanović: Aha! Greater Serbian, pro-Russian criminals who trying to destabilize country through facist Serbian church. West need to protect Montenegro from Serbian and Russian invasion
    Croats and Bosniaks: Yes, thats right, Serbs again cause problems.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, but im talking about Croatian support of Đukanović.

Đukanović: tryed to expell Serbian church for no reason no matter Serbian church is supported by most of Orthodox people in Montenegro (including declared Montenegrins)
    Orthodox belivers: Start with protest
    Đukanović: Aha! Greater Serbian, pro-Russian criminals who trying to destabilize country through facist Serbian church. West need to protect Montenegro from Serbian and Russian invasion
    Croats and Bosniaks: Yes, thats right, Serbs again cause problems.
    I don't think Croatia should at all interfere in Montenegrin internal affairs. And if majority of Montenegrins want it, it could be reunited with Serbia.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,424
    Given: 1,640

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post

There was no Illyrians when Slavs came to Balkan, or was low number. Domestic people was mostly Vlachs (romanized Balkan native with problably some Roman origin). Most of today south Slavs have Slavic origin, almost every regional group of south Slavs have at least 50% Slavic DNA.

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread Information