View Poll Results: Should Republika Srpska secede from BiH and join Serbia?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 66.98%
  • No

35 33.02%
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Should Republika Srpska secede from BiH and join Serbia?

Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,681
    Given: 11,611

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Hatred is not even required. A serious and persistent wish for selfdetermination must be enough in this case. The state of BiH violates the principle of selfdetermination of people.

I can not overlook whether the exact area of RS has become Serbian in a correct way as there were a lot of mutual not agreed to expulsions and that I can not approve and support. On the other hand, I would approve and support an orderly volountary population exchange without robbery and with the opportunity to sell (and buy) properties, like Germans could do in line with the Hitler-Stalin agreement ("Heim ins Reich"). But if there is agreed to the RS area and a secession on the BiH level, these reservations would be overcome (not robberies and expulsions but that the areas in question belong to an independant RS). And in some way a self determination of Serbs must be made possible. As for pre expulsion vast majority Serb areas this is a legit claim even without any agreement imo.

The same applies as for Croats btw. though I know that they are in a very different situation with their very unlucky federation with Bosnian Muslims.
    In what is now Muslim-Croat Federation, there were 478.000 Serbs before the war.
    Nowadays, no more than 40.000, mostly olderly.
    Vast majority are expelled by Muslims and Croats.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...a#Demographics

Ethnic division and separation are complete.
    Serbs in Republika Srpska, Muslims and Croats in their Federation.
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Taliban affiliated media Foghorn's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 12:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Marauding Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Serbia / Central Serbia ; Mačva / Šumadija
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a
    Politics
    Totalitarianism, Absolutist Monarchism
    Hero
    Stalin, Metternich, Palmerston
    Religion
    Православље
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

The same applies as for Croats btw. though I know that they are in a very different situation with their very unlucky federation with Bosnian Muslims.
    They fought for that federation, they refused to split Bosnia between us.

One thing I always found absurd - what do Muslims get with RS being within a same country ?
    You do not control its economy, there are no historical and cultural sites of your people there, you do not have administrative power over it.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post

One thing I always found absurd - what do Muslims get with RS being within a same country ?
    You do not control its economy, there are no historical and cultural sites of your people there, you do not have administrative power over it.
    Nope. First mistake you did was invading and bombing Croatia with Yugoslav weapons. Of course you did that for the protection of Serbs in Croatia blah blah, spare me this crap. It's well known Milosevic and Belgrade propaganda was the real culprit here. We could have divided Bosnia and Herzegovina already in the 1991. Secondly, Croats didn't want to let go of Herzeg-Bosnia that easy. It was Tuđman and Granić who with clever machinations persuaded Bosnian Croat officials to sign Dayton and Washington agreements for which in the end I can't blame them.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2023 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,017
    Given: 505

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post

I get your point and it sounds reasonable but one has to read into history. RS is not a little Serbia, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Hatred is not even required. A serious and persistent wish for selfdetermination must be enough in this case. The state of BiH violates the principle of selfdetermination of people.

I can not overlook whether the exact area of RS has become Serbian in a correct way as there were a lot of mutual not agreed to expulsions and that I can not approve and support. On the other hand, I would approve and support an orderly volountary population exchange without robbery and with the opportunity to sell (and buy) properties, like Germans could do in line with the Hitler-Stalin agreement ("Heim ins Reich"). But if there is agreed to the RS area and a secession on the BiH level, these reservations would be overcome (not robberies and expulsions but that the areas in question belong to an independant RS). And in some way a self determination of Serbs must be made possible. As for pre expulsion vast majority Serb areas this is a legit claim even without any agreement imo.

But the problem is that thanks to historical events such as state confiscation of private property, It now makes it seem that the land of Republika Srpska is not Bosnia, which it has always been. Do you think that the immigrants who have came to Germany last centuries have a right to succeed their majority areas from the German nation?

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Reptilian View Post
    But the problem is that thanks to historical events such as state confiscation of private property, It now makes it seem that the land of Republika Srpska is not Bosnia, which it has always been. Do you think that the immigrants who have came to Germany last centuries have a right to succeed their majority areas from the German nation?
    Modern Bosnian borders weren't always yours Mujo. Borders of Bosnia changed a lot throughout history and Bosnia was before 1990s also constitutionally a country of 3 nations. It's not our fault Mujo doesn't know history and thinks there always were Bosniaks and that Croats and Serbs are guests/immigrants in their country who btw don't want to live with Bosniaks. But Mujo, remember this, even if that wasn't the case immigrants in any European country don't have rights to succeed their areas, but we have rights to succeed from Bosnia just because we said so.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,319
    Given: 9,884

0 Not allowed!

In my opinion, the land belongs to these who are majority in a region, city, village, district etc. The state borders are not eternal, unchangeable things, and the actual state doesnt matter because the land, its culture etc is always depends on who live there, which ethnicity, culture. Serbia is where serbs live, Hungary is where hungarians live, Gypsy Land is where gypsies live, Turkey is where turks live, Russia is where russians live etc etc. If germans are dumb and they give their home for muslims, turks, arabs, africans, and other foreigners then yes this land will belong to them, because they are the majority.
    The history is always worked like that, the stronger enslaved the weaker and they got their home, resources and everything. If the gypsies will be majority in Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Bulgaria then yes it will be gypsy land and gypsies have every right to make an own country in this case.

Taliban affiliated media Foghorn's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 12:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Marauding Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Serbia / Central Serbia ; Mačva / Šumadija
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a
    Politics
    Totalitarianism, Absolutist Monarchism
    Hero
    Stalin, Metternich, Palmerston
    Religion
    Православље
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Nope. First mistake you did was invading and bombing Croatia with Yugoslav weapons. Of course you did that for the protection of Serbs in Croatia blah blah, spare me this crap. It's well known Milosevic and Belgrade propaganda was the real culprit here. We could have divided Bosnia and Herzegovina already in the 1991. Secondly, Croats didn't want to let go of Herzeg-Bosnia that easy. It was Tuđman and Granić who with clever machinations persuaded Bosnian Croat officials to sign Dayton and Washington agreements for which in the end I can't blame them.
    No problems then, understood.
    You guys get to live out your gardener life with your flowers, we are on our way out and I wish you all the best.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    In my opinion, the land belongs to these who are majority in a region, city, village, district etc. The state borders are not eternal, unchangeable things, and the actual state doesnt matter because the land, its culture etc is always depends on who live there, which ethnicity, culture. Serbia is where serbs live, Hungary is where hungarians live, Gypsy Land is where gypsies live, Turkey is where turks live, Russia is where russians live etc etc. If germans are dumb and they give their home for muslims, turks, arabs, africans, and other foreigners then yes this land will belong to them, because they are the majority.
    The history is always worked like that, the stronger enslaved the weaker and they got their home, resources and everything. If the gypsies will be majority in Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Bulgaria then yes it will be gypsy land and gypsies have every right to make an own country in this case.
    One would hope that you wanted Europe to be more civilized than that.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,319
    Given: 9,884

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Reptilian View Post
    One would hope that you wanted Europe to be more civilized than that.
    Civilization is a fairy tale, in the reality the force, weapons, birth rate matters, just like always in the history.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Civilization is a fairy tale, in the reality the force, weapons, birth rate matters, just like always in the history.
    I'm thinking of the way of behaving civilized, you don't think that is one of the most important things of life?

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread Information