"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-20-2023 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-European
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    US: Canada (Mohawk, Huron and Cree) Lithuania Belarus Ukraine Moldova Germany Denmark England Wales
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Maryland
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid between Atlantomediterranid and Gracilmediterranid with Cromagno-Alpinoid.
    Politics
    Now a center feather on the right shoulder, not on a wing, but being pushed there.
    Hero
    My Dad, Mom and Wife
    Religion
    American Heathen
    Relationship Status
    Married since June 1982
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

The church in which I was baptized and learnt about Catholicism during my childhood and youth was the Italian parish, catering to the laborers who worked in the railyard in town and their families. After 100 years, it was still considered a "mission church."

We also had 2 Irish (working class and middle class) and French-Canadian parishes.

My old church and the French have been folded into the middle class Irish congregation, while the working class Irish church has survived quite well on its own. Most of the Italian congregants (including my mom [and dad]) went to the working class Irish church, much to the chagrin of the bishop.
    - Stefn Piparskeggr Ullarskjaldberi

Dramedy occurs when serious and silly collide

mDNA H5 - yDNA E1b1b1c
    97.9% European, 1.6% Mohawk, 0.4% Cree, 0.1% Malian
    (also, 2.4 % Neanderthal and .6% Denisovan in there)

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Good article, I rebutted to a poster named "Bruce" who asked these questions:

"Mr McNallen,

What does Asatru teach about sexual morality? Does it offer us an alternative to the baboon-like sexual morality so rampant in our society? Does Asatru even see this as a problem?

What does Asatru teach about abortion?"

My responsa, as guest user "Odin's Man:"

"Traditional Asatru teaches monogamous marriage between one man and one woman that is consistent with the description of Cornelius Tacitus of the old tribes in Germania 18. Emulation of the ancestors is one of the foundation stones of Asatru since, as we are our ancestors reborn. The northern sagas indicate that a man was almost always content with but a single wife; the famed skald Egil Skallagrimsson had but a single wife, as did king Hrolf Kraki. There seems to have been no law from the Gods demanding monogamy, rather it seems to have emerged as a societal practicality due, in part perhaps, because of the high position of the womenfolk in the old tribes. We don't cloister our women; they are our equals in every way.

Largely, one's sexual morality outside of marriage is one's own concern, not of anyone else. We don't have commandments from the Gods saying not to do such-and-such, not to eat this, fast on this day, etc. Self-control is praiseworthy, Odin teaches this in the Havamal: avoid being a gossip, avoid being a drunkard, avoid lusting after another's wife, be hospitable, etc.

As to abortion, I personally believe that it is a monstrous crime against the ancestors and ourselves. Since Asatruar believe in lines of ancestry and descent, abortion is a crime against one's ancestors and one's descendents. Some of us believe in reincarnation within the family, so aborting a child is obviously going to upturn the applecart.

Asatru isn't a left-leaning religion, at least not as I understand it to be. It's a serious matter and speaks to serious issues: the preservation of Odin's people, the re-establishment in some form of the religion of the old tribes and gaining it the respect that it deserves, re-establishing sundered relationships with the Gods, moving out of Christianity’s shadow and the spiritual authoritarianism of its Bible and its bi-polar God, etc."

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

It's also amusing to read some of the generally ignorant and ill-informed comments people have about Heathenry.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Sweden
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Sigtun
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

AltRight Radio has a podcast interview with Stephen McNallen where he explains the rites, rituals, and significance of the indigenous religion of Europe. The man is not alltogether unreasenoble in my opinion; 21 minutes: http://www.alternativeright.com/altright-radio/

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Country
    China
    Politics
    Anti-nazi
    Hero
    Many
    Religion
    Free thinker
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,271
    Given: 3,569

0 Not allowed!

I respect others' religious believes(except the Devil worshiping cults),even I'm never a fan of the "Blood&soil"(I think soil is important,but I don't care about blood status) ideology

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information