Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My position on abortion on crippled fetuses

Banned
    Last Online
    11-24-2016 @ 02:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Azorean-Catarinense (Homo sapiens nobilis)
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Taxonomy
    [Updating... 10%]
    Politics
    Separatist.
    Hero
    Ana Maria de Jesus Ribeiro Garibaldi (Anita Garibaldi)
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,787
    Given: 3,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei the 2nd View Post
    I do have Aspergers. My psychologist pinpointed my issues with my social life to Aspergers and I do show symptoms of it in real life. You're not a psychologist or a doctor a matter of fact, so you don't know. Thanks for noticing that I'm not able of making comments without a problem, only because I'm trying my best and training myself to be on a normal level as others. And please, refrain from calling others retarded on the internet, since you've thought Medditerreaneans were only European, not also Middle Eastern, that previous post of mine.
    You should try a psychiatrist, not a psychologist.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-26-2023 @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    na
    Country
    Peru
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,110
    Given: 363

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator View Post
    You should try a psychiatrist, not a psychologist.
    Ah, my bad. I meant to say psychiatrist, not psychologist. Silly me. I feel disoriented and exhausted which is leading me to make mistakes. Cheers.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-17-2018 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mare
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,783
    Given: 2,629

2 Not allowed!

I honestly feel selfish when I typed that I needed a healthy kid to support me. It's not really about personal gain, I just included that as an example for reasons to have a new pregnancy with a healthy fetus to substitute for the corrupted one. I should've included more that you'd enjoy life more together with a child that has less to no abnormalities. Forming better and happier memories with a non crippled kid, but something could happen to that child in which would disable him/her. I agree with that, but that's why we all need to be careful and try our bests to care for ourselves to avoid beckoning cripple. I can not predict what would happen to a child, but it's better than nothing at least.
    Humans are not machines that you call the assistant service if it doesn't come as you ordered to get a new one conform your wishes. People feel too entitled, you're not entitled to have a healthy son or a son with specific characteristics, if your son is born with an illness or gets sick that's what you gonna have to take.

Your whole position is based on how the parents feel when they foresee the efforts they are going to have to do, not if the fetus is worthy of being protect or not because of his nature, this is egoistic because you evaluate people according to your own interest. If someone felt the same way about having an autistic child as you do about having a crippled because his standards are different, and are not willing to put on the minimal effort on raising an autistic child, how could you argue they shouldn't abort believing what you do?

Afterall, if you think that crippled fetuses are not human, then you must believe all fetuses are not human, because it is not being crippled that makes someone non-human.

Last Online
    01-08-2017 @ 09:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bhutanese
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,170
    Given: 1,831

2 Not allowed!

Why do people defend crippled fetuses from abortion before they're born? What's the point of that? Just remove the thing and get a new child and everything will be fine as you don't have to spend a lifetime and funds taking care of something that could've been taken care of before it's birth and substituted with another healthy baby.

I'd rather have a healthy kid with no mental deficiencies and physical imperfections that can pay and support me when I'm older and will have a better and easier life than having to care for a child for eternity with Down's syndrome or whateverthat will not benefit much to me but with government support. And yes, I do have a disability but it is very minor though and I overcame it and I take care of parents.

Instead of birthing more and more crippled humans onto this planet, we need to start taking care of the ones that are already disabled instead of having more.

Quality of life > Quantity of life.
    There are crippled fetuses who grow into humans that lead more productive lives than those who started off without any deficiencies.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    na
    Country
    Peru
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Also View Post
    Humans are not machines that you call the assistant service if it doesn't come as you ordered to get a new one conform your wishes. People feel too entitled, you're not entitled to have a healthy son or a son with specific characteristics, if your son is born with an illness or gets sick that's what you gonna have to take.

Your whole position is based on how the parents feel when they foresee the efforts they are going to have to do, not if the fetus is worthy of being protect or not because of his nature, this is egoistic because you evaluate people according to your own interest. If someone felt the same way about having an autistic child as you do about having a crippled because his standards are different, and are not willing to put on the minimal effort on raising an autistic child, how could you argue they shouldn't abort believing what you do?

Afterall, if you think that crippled fetuses are not human, then you must believe all fetuses are not human, because it is not being crippled that makes someone non-human.
    I never insinuated that crippled fetuses were non human. It's pretty heartless of introducing into the world when they're going to suffer mostly and have a limited life. Who'd want a son who's going to live a limited life with you? It's not a selfish thing. If I did have a child with terrible defects, oh well, sucks to suck. It's my duty to care for him, time to live a long life and spending soo much funds on to him/her and living as a parent with many limits. And not just that, the kid too will suffer. I should've added how the kid would live a limited life, not only just how it wouldn't benefit the parents. This is only directed at fetuses who have TERRIBLE defects and are not going to be an easy time taking care of. I don't believe in unnecessary abortion against small types of illnesses. If the child has a terrible case of autism, then is guess the yes have to decide to abort it or choose to live a life with limits.

Individualist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-13-2019 @ 02:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian & Yankee
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway Paternal: Massachusetts
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Connecticut
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Marcus Tullius Cicero and Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,884
    Given: 1,005

2 Not allowed!

Yeah right, like that would happen to all cripples.
    You missed my point. If Steinmetz had not been allowed to live and mature to adulthood, we would have been denied his important contributions, the potential for which could not have been determined, or even surmised, prenatally. It is impossible to determine what ANY fetus, normal or deformed will develop into. This fact ought to be borne seriously in mind before playing God.
    "This is not my time; this is not my world; these are not my people." - Martin H. Francis

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    na
    Country
    Peru
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svipdag View Post
    You missed my point. If Steinmetz had not been allowed to live and mature to adulthood, we would have been denied his important contributions, the potential for which could not have been determined, or even surmised, prenatally. It is impossible to determine what ANY fetus, normal or deformed will develop into. This fact ought to be borne seriously in mind before playing God.
    Your life isnt determined before your birth. The future is influenced by what you do. Anybody can do that stuff. We are born a blank state and overtime we collect information and knowledge in which will lead us to what we're doing to the world.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    na
    Country
    Peru
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_ View Post
    There are crippled fetuses who grow into humans that lead more productive lives than those who started off without any deficiencies.
    Who knows? Their lives aren't objectively determined before birth or known what they're going to do. Most likely they are going to live limited lives and suffer. Those type of people are very rare though. Just because there's a guy with Down's syndrome who lives a very normal life doesn't mean we should go against the anortion over one person. It's just he tried his very best to live a life like ours.

Last Online
    01-08-2017 @ 09:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bhutanese
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,170
    Given: 1,831

1 Not allowed!

Who knows? Their lives aren't objectively determined before birth or known what they're going to do. Most likely they are going to live limited lives and suffer. Those type of people are very rare though. Just because there's a guy with Down's syndrome who lives a very normal life doesn't mean we should go against the anortion over one person. It's just he tried his very best to live a life like ours.
    You say you want healthy children so that they would take care of you. Your healthy children may as well decide they don't want to take care of their mentally and/or physically disabled father, if you happen to be one. You see, you don't know what kind of children you might have just like you don't know what will be left out of you when you're old. You can make a choice, so can your children.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    na
    Country
    Peru
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_ View Post
    You say you want healthy children so that they would take care of you. Your healthy children may as well decide they don't want to take care of their mentally and/or physically disabled father, if you happen to be one. You see, you don't know what kind of children you might have just like you don't know what will be left out of you when you're old. You can make a choice, so can your children.
    I was just giving an example why you should have healthy children.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information