Thread: Romania in Pictures

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,129

3 Not allowed!

Cluj-Napoca. Just don't use Blue Air:

Date of Travel: NOVEMBER 2017 Airline: BLUE AIR Flight #: 0B3752 Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Livery: Liverpool Music City special Blue Air livery Route: BHX-CLJ Tail number: YR-BMH Miles: 1199 Airborne time: 2h34m Notes: Awful! Thanks for finding my video and pressing play! This is the worst flight experience I’ve had...if not ever, then certainly since I launched my channel a little over two years ago. I’m an enthusiast and by default I enjoy flying. I’m positive about travel and although I try to remain honest, I’ll always be upbeat about what I’m doing where I can. After all, nobody wants to watch some guy flying round the world telling people week in week out how much it all sucks. But today’s report is an exception, because this was undeniably a completely rubbish experience and Blue Air don’t really care in my opinion. I won’t waffle on in long paragraphs, just read this list of why it sucked: BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT: - Airport/station shuttle not working. No staff to explain why or how to get to the airport. Found my own way after giving up. No signposted route from the shuttle so it took me 30 minutes to walk trailing my bag. - Awful, awful security line. Never seen it so bad at Birmingham, a normally good airport - and an airport I would normally advocate for. No idea what the issue was. Spent £5 to go fast track. Irritating. BLUE AIR: - Check in is contracted out to a third party. Agent wasn’t sure if my bag would be through checked to Bucharest, my final destination or whether I’d need to collect and recheck in Cluj. So I wasted 30 minutes in Cluj watching all the bags come out before concluding that it was indeed through checked. - Boarding nonsense. Blue Air don’t have a monopoly on this trick, but I really really hate “boarding” and then waiting on a freezing cold/boiling hot airbridge while the aircraft actually gets ready. That’s plain inhospitable - keep us in the terminal where it is room temperature and don’t wind people up doing this! - Tired cabin with obvious lack of maintenance on an older airframe. - Inexplicably small storage net on the seat backs. - Some of the worst scratches on a window I’ve ever seen. This made filming very hard when the sun was at certain angles. This meant I’ve had to make a decision not to use significant portions of footage including the takeoff roll (which is normally a mandatory part of my videos). Sorry if you like the takeoffs; I do too, but you couldn’t see anything and the footage was totally unusable. I don’t put stuff out that’s unwatchable. - DIDN’T GET WHAT I PAID FOR - my meal wasn’t loaded. That was my dinner, and I’d paid for the meal as part of my fare. The crew did not even seem aware I was supposed to have a meal even though it’s in my booking confirmation and AVML was printed on my boarding card confirming this (for geeks: yes, AVML is Asian vegetarian meal but budget airlines use these codes to just denote “this guy’s ordered a standard meal”). - Inappropriate material in an inflight magazine which will be read by children. Very surprised to see that if I’m honest. I found it hilarious, but also recognise that stuff ought not to be in an inflight magazine... - Had a seat change without prior notification on my connecting flight, CLJ-OTP. Window to aisle. Luckily that was not a trip I planned to make a video on but I hate aisle seats and given my fare was top whack and included “preferential” seating it sucked more than usual. - Went to complain at Blue Air’s website. The complaint field on the contact form has space for just 140 characters, the same as an old style Twitter message. Yep, condense the above into 140 characters to complain. This is the worst part in my opinion. It sums up the whole experience. Maddening, illogical, and not customer friendly. I actively chastise people who turn their nose up at budget carriers but this poor experience was a shock to the system. I have lots of videos coming out, including in midweek in the run up to New Year. Make sure you have your notifications set! �� Enjoy the report.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,129

3 Not allowed!

A beautiful little documentary of village life in Gyimes, in the South Eastern Carpathians in 2018. Ancient, vernacular, small farm-houses line the stoned side roads on which horse-drawn vehicles carry logs, hay, stone and people this way and that all day long. Most people live by small-scale farming producing their own honey, cheese, bread, veg and fruit, milk and meat. Water is always from the well, pure, sparkling and cold. Cows and sheep wear bells and high above the village the mountain meadows hum with insect life while the extraordinarily rich flora remains untouched by sprays and chemicals. Szekler people, Romania's Hungarian speaking minority live in Gyimes, which now lies within Bacau county. The history of the area and its association with Transylvania, is very complicated .... I am no historian and apologise for any errors I have made. Enjoy the film, all taken with a little, hand-held Panasonic HC X920.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    note though, 80% of these people are old.
    most villages will be gone in a generation.

Ülev

3 Not allowed!

Timișoara view from the touristic tram

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,860
    Given: 18,268

3 Not allowed!

Fagaras Mountains in autumn

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

1 Not allowed!

Bucharest, Romania

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 03:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,175
    Given: 3,222

1 Not allowed!

Bucharest during the interwar period

Spoiler!

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 03:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,175
    Given: 3,222

0 Not allowed!

Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Iasi, Romania

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Timisoara

Nina Dobrev you are a loser we have real wizards here you are not welcome back

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information