Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Benefits of Rose Water - a Natural Beauty Product and a Natural Remedy.

Last Online
    01-06-2015 @ 02:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ancestry
    Ottomans
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Turkic
    mtDNA
    Turkic
    Taxonomy
    "East Alpinid" or Coon would say Asiatic Alpine
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 791
    Given: 1,681

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    I only use rosewater as a toner on my skin. It contains no chemicals and no alcohol, unlike most of the other skin toners sold in stores. I don't think alcohol-based products should ever be used on the skin. Rosewater is very gentle, it doesn't irritate sensitive skin types, it is soothing, it smells beautiful, and it's also very cheap to buy. It is sold in beautiful bottles which look nice on my dressing-table. I also recommend rose-scented candles made from natural soy-wax, and rosehip tea.
    What brand do you buy? I have seen 1 rose water brand in a large Tesco, but it was containing many other stuff that was not natural
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    If we simplify it, in a nutshell we have following subraces or a combination of them (for example: Alpine+ East Med or Armenoid + Med or Turanid + Alpine etc.) common amongst Turks:
    @Asiatic Alpine @Alpine @Anatolid @Armenoid @Cappadocian Med @East Med @Mtbit (Blacksea Region) @Pontid @Turanid

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

2 Not allowed!

What brand do you buy? I have seen 1 rose water brand in a large Tesco, but it was containing many other stuff that was not natural

I use Neal's Yard Remedies (Covent Garden) rosewater. (I recommend their Frankincense Hand Cream too as it smells divine.) Their certified and award-winning natural products can be found in Neal's Yard stores, and their products are also sold in larger chemists, including Boots. Neal's Yard uses all natural and organic ingredients in their skin and hair care products.
    http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/rose-toner

Boots chemists also sells rosewater in their Botanics range, and I can find bottles of natural rosewater easily in most independent chemists too.
    You could also try looking in The Body Shop which uses all natural ingredients and no animal testing of their products.

Crabtree & Evelyn also has a good reputation for using only the finest ingredients in their products.
    http://www.crabtree-evelyn.co.uk/collections/rosewater/

SpaceNK Apothecary stores in London and Manchester (their products are also sold from their on-line store) sell only the worlds finest and leading skin care products made by dermatologists, along with the finest beauty equipment, leading hair care products which aren't mass-produced, and only the finest cosmetics, used by leading beauticians, supermodels, skin-care experts and top make-up artists.
    They also sell natural rosewater, but it's a lot more expensive from SpaceNK. Chantecaille Pure Rosewater from their store is £50, which seems absurd when natural rosewater can be purchased from most chemists for a few pounds.
    http://uk.spacenk.com/pure-rosewater/MUK131430009.html

Also, Simply Essential UK 100% Pure Rose Water is made from Bulgarian roses with no added ingredients at £2.99.
    This pure rose floral water is passed through a UV filter to remove impurities without adding chemicals or preservatives to ensure the floral water arrives in peak condition.
    http://www.simplyessentialuk.co.uk/e...ose-water.html

Survana Organic Rosewater UK
    http://www.suvarna.co.uk/toners/organic-rosewater.html

You can also try on-line shops stocking natural rosewater if it's difficult to find in your local region.
    http://www.twenga.co.uk/rose-water.html
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 12-27-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,127

1 Not allowed!

In the UK, most Indian grocers stock rosewater, and it is water-based, and suitable for toilette. I might splash my face with it. The Dabur brand is probably the most reputable.

The supermarkets like TESCO and Waitrose stock products that are more like flavouring essences, and they contain propylene glycol. The products are high-quality, and they do not contain artificial flavourings, but they are specifically for culinary use. Waitrose stock the Star Kay brand, and I have found it perfectly serviceable.

English Rose has answered your question more fully.

Recently, I used rose essential oil with coconut oil for my face, as I also might use sandalwood oil.

I find that it helps to understand that roses and apples are related. Fresh roses have the same fresh fruity aldehyde notes as apples, and rose fragrances (the best I know of is Jo Malone - Red Roses, Crabtree and Evelyn's fragrances being much cheaper but still very very good) have to have those aldehyde notes added artificially in order to have that fresh fragrance.

Crabtree and Evelyn's fragrance is completely synthetic, but very cleverly put together, and not at all offensive like some artificial fragrances.

I am still looking for a suitable solution for fragrancing my home with rose. Oil burners, candles, pot pourri and incense all have their drawbacks, and that leaves those ghastly electrical plug-ins. The Yankee Candle company have the best plug-in rose fragrance that I have yet found, but, being synthetic, they lack therapeutic value of pure rose essence, so I am thinking that mixture might be best, for the best fragrance with aromatherapy.

I might try it this summer.
    Last edited by Fortis in Arduis; 12-27-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The seed pod of a wild rose plant, rosehip has been used to treat indigestion, arthritis, colds and the flu. Hibiscus, a red-flowered shrub, is commonly used in herbal teas because of its pleasant taste. Medicinally, hibiscus has been used to treat upset stomach, anxiety and fevers. Drinking tea made from rosehip and hibiscus is thought to provide a myriad of health benefits.
    Fight Free Radicals

Rosehips are a good source of vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid. A water-soluble vitamin, vitamin C contributes to the production of collagen, a vital protein that your body needs to make blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. It helps keep your bones and teeth healthy. As an antioxidant, vitamin C neutralizes the damaging effects of free radicals. Highly unstable compounds, free radicals damage DNA and may accelerate aging. The University of Maryland Medical Center reports that free radicals may also lead to the development of various chronic diseases.

Adding hibiscus to your tea might help control your blood pressure. A study published in "The Journal of Nutrition" in February 2010 found that drinking hibiscus tea reduced blood pressure in people with mild hypertension. Subjects who drank 3 cups of hibiscus tea daily for six weeks achieved notable reduction in arterial blood pressure. Researchers concluded that drinking hibiscus tea in an amount that can be easily incorporated into a person's diet may play a pivotal role in regulating blood pressure.

May Help Treat Inflammatory Diseases

A meta-analysis of three randomized controlled trials published in the journal "Australian Family Physician" in July 2012 reviewed the evidence suggesting that rosehip powder may be a reasonable substitute for traditional medicines used in treating inflammatory diseases such as arthritis. In the controlled trials, three months of supplementation with rosehip powder was found to reduce pain scores steadily in study participants with osteoarthritis. In contrast to conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, rosehip is safer because it does not boost the risk of ulcers. In addition, rosehip does not inhibit platelet function and has no impact on fibrinolysis -- a natural body process that prevents blood clots from growing and causing problems.

May Guard Against Cancer

A study published in the June 2005 edition of “Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology” investigated the effect of anthocyanins -- a group of natural pigments found in hibiscus -- on human cancer cells. The results demonstrated that anthocyanins could cause cancer cell death, particularly in human leukemia cells. Based on these findings, the study concluded that anthocyanins may serve as chemopreventive agents, substances that help suppress or prevent the development of cancer. However, additional research is needed to determine the mechanisms and specificity of hibiscus anthocyanins.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/32...-tea-benefits/

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Rose Ice-Cream

Rosewater & Pistachio Cake

Rosewater Lemonade

Rosewater

Last Online
    03-27-2015 @ 11:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Cool thread, thanks.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Nordic Pastel Rose Tea Bath Salts
    Handmade in Great Britain using the finest sea salt and delicious fragrance.
    Add a spoonful to a bath to soften and scent the water. With 97% natural ingredients.
    Relaxing and soothing.
    http://www.thebathhouseshop.com/nord...ath-salts.html

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    02-25-2020 @ 04:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ignorant
    Ancestry
    Nobody cares.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kansas
    Taxonomy
    Ignorant
    Politics
    Unaffiliated
    Religion
    Non religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,443
    Given: 2,251

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trun View Post
    My hometown (Kazanlak) is the rose capital of the world
    Do girls really get all dressed up to go pick flower?
    "I don't dislike you, I simple don't care!"

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information