View Poll Results: Should people avoid having premarital sex?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, saving oneself for marriage is ideal.

35 39.33%
  • No, it doesn't matter in the end.

54 60.67%
Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Premarital Sex

Last Online
    07-28-2017 @ 01:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    OxiClean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lutiferre View Post
    Exactly. I can only speak about Germanic pagans,
    As for the Slavs, it depends, some myth says that we were rather, hmmm, free people that likes to do it a lot and most Slavic magic are actually based on a sexual magic and rituals. Some myths even describes sex being the most important thing, tho, not whoring, most of them says between one guy and one girl so still kind of different.

However, other and more likely to be true myths said that adultery and sex with more than one partner was considered a shame and a disgrace, such woman would no one ever want to marry and man that'd do that would be expelled from the village, and no other tribe would want him in.

Those are all pretty much stories, but, what I know is that in Serbia, only 100 years ago, premarital sex was unacceptable, as for the guys there is no real way to find out did he or did he not have it but girls that were not virgins would really have a tough time in life.

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 07:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallo-romance
    Ethnicity
    Savoy/Piedmont
    Ancestry
    Occitan/Piedmont
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Piemonte
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawspeaker View Post
    It is something unnatural though. Hence it is crazy.

Maybe a person involved in such problems should be brave and rational enough to start a deep reflection about his/her own belief and decide if he/she wants still practicing THAT religion. If that faith is the most compatible with his/her personality and spirit.

You can't ask a church to change too much its principles. But you can leave THAT church, if it's your will. You're a human being and you can choice. Nobody can force you and a church isn't a prison.

Last Online
    02-27-2012 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    As for the Slavs, it depends, some myth says that we were rather, hmmm, free people that likes to do it a lot and most Slavic magic are actually based on a sexual magic and rituals. Some myths even describes sex being the most important thing, tho, not whoring, most of them says between one guy and one girl so still kind of different.

However, other and more likely to be true myths said that adultery and sex with more than one partner was considered a shame and a disgrace, such woman would never want to marry and man that'd do that would be expelled from the village, and no other tribe would want him in.

Those are all pretty much stories, but, what I know is that in Serbia, only 100 years ago, premarital sex was unacceptable, as for the guys there is no real way to find out did he or did he not have it but girls that were not virgins would really have a tough time in life.
    Don't misunderstand me. Sex was certainly important, in fact, extremely important, and it continued to be so in Christian times, too. But I am speaking of a social and political importance.

As I said:

People do not seem to understand the grave importance of sexual unions for social structures back then and the seriousness of trespassing these social structures by unmandated sexual activity.
    A man who fights for a cause thereby affirms the cause of the fight.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    OxiClean
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't misunderstand me. Sex was certainly important, in fact, extremely important, and it continued to be so in Christian times, too. But I am speaking of a social and political importance.
    Nah, I did not misunderstood you mate, you're right, I am just talking from, hmm, folklore and I won't say 'pagan' view on premarital sex and sex in generally.

I don't give a damn for church or myths, I do how I think it is the right, and certainly don't care if I end in hell for having sex or eating too much, I am not sitting on a cold sidewalk tho, so I am a good boy after all.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I would say it's rather because sex is considered as unimportant (in the larger sense, politically and socially) today, which is a side-effect of the dissolution of tightly-knit community life, than because it's important, that loose sexual behaviour is seen so lightly.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lutiferre
    *cough*white trash*cough*. Sorry, I had something stuck in my throat.
    Do not use personal insults in highbrow sections of the forum.

There, marriage was certainly an important thing, as important as ever, and girls were many times promised away, which would make premarital sex a disgrace and shame the honour of the family.
    Would you mind providing a citation for this? Pre-Christian Germanic views on premarital sex varied widely depending on which tribe at which point you're talking about. Those that did punish premarital sex almost exclusively punished the female, leaving the male participant with no social stigma (I'm thinking of the Burgundians especially here).

Quote Originally Posted by Eóin View Post
    Where do you stand on premarital sex? Is sex outside of marriage completely acceptable or do you view it as immoral and wrong?
    The one thing that I hope to impress on my children is that, yes, sex is fun, sex can help build strong relationships, etc. However, it is not wise to have sex with someone who you are not prepared to have a child with. Birth control is pretty effective, but it can and does fail. I'd rather not see my children faced with the horrible decision of choosing between having a child when they're not economically/psychologically ready for it and having an abortion (neither of which are desirable in the least). I don't condemn it at all, but I do think that contemporary views are a bit too flippant and don't treat the subject with enough gravity.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

The notion that the ancients were happy-go-lucky swingers is wrong. Sexual values differed, but not entirely so. The fables of the great Gods presented the deities in an often unflattering light, but there were many who regarded the lusty exploits of the Gods as so much nonsense or in an allegorical manner.

However, this raises the question of "If the Gods behaved in such a way, what of their followers?" People will tend to follow the example of their divine heroes and heroines, a fact not lost on the critics of [the lower forms of] paganism.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Do not use personal insults in highbrow sections of the forum.
    Sorry. It was a spontaneous reflex after hearing a certain sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Would you mind providing a citation for this? Pre-Christian Germanic views on premarital sex varied widely depending on which tribe at which point you're talking about. Those that did punish premarital sex almost exclusively punished the female, leaving the male participant with no social stigma (I'm thinking of the Burgundians especially here).
    Of course they punished the female. I was almost exclusively speaking of females, myself. I took the example of the social structure around fathers promising their daughters away and the need for the fathers consent (etc). In a society with arranged marriage (like most tribal societies) sexual promiscuity will shame the honour of your family and could easily lead to something like an honour killing or another severe punishment or alienation from the community. I was speaking in general terms, of course.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    OxiClean
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

slight offtopic -

What's funny is that I often here from Americans terms - white thrash, trailer thrash etc while in Europe and Serbia rich kids are more likely to act decadent than poor kids, like, most of the sluts that I know are daddy's girls with tons of cash and most men-whores that I know are also sitting on loads of cash. Also, whenever i got a close encounter with European sluts they usually were rich kids/tourists etc.

Now, I either got trailer thrash term wrong or Europe and USA really differ even more than I thought

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    slight offtopic -

What's funny is that I often here from Americans terms - white thrash, trailer thrash etc while in Europe and Serbia rich kids are more likely to act decadent than poor kids, like, most of the sluts that I know are daddy's girls with tons of cash and most men-whores that I know are also sitting on loads of cash. Also, whenever i got a close encounter with European sluts they usually were rich kids/tourists etc.

Now, I either got trailer thrash term wrong or Europe and USA really differ even more than I thought
    There are Serbian immigrant girls in Denmark which would qualify for "white trash".

Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread Information