Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pashtuns: A genetically South Asian ethnicity wrapped in self hate(?)

Last Online
    12-03-2017 @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    jatt
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,427
    Given: 682

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vir9 View Post
    Pashtuns dont hate indians and dont deny that they have south asian admixture.But they are not south asian people because they speak an eastern iranic language and even genetically the south asian components are not dominant and came from the maternal side.Pashtuns were nomads in the past and were culturally closer to central asian turks than to indians.They are in no sense south asian people and i thought that only indians who have some kind of weird fetish for pashtuns claim such things.They even dont look similar and their tribal culture is very foreign for south asia
    Buddy your people in indian Punjab we call them pashoris they are shawl vendors. Don't mix up Indians N Pakistanis. You are sort of low cast India

Last Online
    06-23-2022 @ 03:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    A
    Country
    Antarctica
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 738
    Given: 1,145

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Dusan View Post
    where someone plots on a PCA plot means even less. I'd say Pashtuns look closer to Persians than Punjabis. This is from some experience with all 3 ethnic groups.
    most pashtuns have this typical afghan look Attachment 53060 but some can look like persians,uzbeks or punjabies but on average they look similar to persians than indians

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    A
    Country
    Antarctica
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

what the hell are talking about???? i am not from india or pakistan

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    jatt
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

what the hell are talking about???? i am not from india or pakistan
    I beg pardon for mistooking for afghan. Don't insult an Indian by saying we like
    Afghans. Who the fuck R they. We can crush them like bugs. My ancestors ruled over that part Nd even to this day they say to their kids chup Che Singh nalwa vagela. Meaning keep quite or Sikhs will come. Just don't talk indians and Pakistani mentality as same. The people these Pakistani worship are like cockroach for us. Got it my friennd

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    A
    Country
    Antarctica
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Dusan View Post
    I know from talking to Indians, they have some "tribes" of their own, I'm curious, can u explain Pashtun tribal hierarchy and customs?
    pashtun customs are based on the ethnical code pashtunwali which is probably of pre-islamic origin and for some pashtuns as much as important as their islamic religion.Pashtuns have many tribes and clans which are based on patrilineal ancestry.Pashtuns always took foreign women and married them because they only identify with their paternal line so some pashtuns can look north indian,persian(tajik) or even a bit turkish because their ancestors mixed with non-pashtun women but most pashtuns preserved this typical afghan look.In pakistam some regions were only recently pashtunized and here more pashtuns can have a indic look which is rather uncommon among afghan pashtuns but exists.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    A
    Country
    Antarctica
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

i didnt say that all indians have a fetish for pashtuns but many indians and indian pakistanis seem to be "facinated" by them or want to claim them as indian people

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    jatt
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

pashtun customs are based on the ethnical code pashtunwali which is probably of pre-islamic origin and for some pashtuns as much as important as their islamic religion.Pashtuns have many tribes and clans which are based on patrilineal ancestry.Pashtuns always took foreign women and married them because they only identify with their paternal line so some pashtuns can look north indian,persian(tajik) or even a bit turkish because their ancestors mixed with non-pashtun women but most pashtuns preserved this typical afghan look.In pakistam some regions were only recently pashtunized and here more pashtuns can have a indic look which is rather uncommon among afghan pashtuns but exists.
    Pashtonwali my ass. They are known for selling their women in Pakistan. Anyone who can't find a wife go to pashtoon areas and buy women.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    A
    Country
    Antarctica
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jatt View Post
    Pashtonwali my ass. They are known for selling their women in Pakistan. Anyone who can't find a wife go to pashtoon areas and buy women.
    funny that pashtuns say exact the same thing about indian people.Prostitution exist everywhere in the world but is surely more widespread in india than in tribal pashtun areas of afghanistan and pakistan

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

1 Not allowed!

In Serbian tribes it's based on male founder as well (seed), however taking a foreign woman is still discouraged, it happens from time to time. I was curious about your codes of conducts to compare, what u call "Pashtunwali" for example in Serbian system,

If u descend from same man, u cannot marry anyone inside it. So even if u have to back a 1000 years to get a common ancestor, u still cannot marry. Usually villages are based on one or two tribes, and they cannot marry within the village.

Second, if u do not descend from same man, u have to trace ur ancestry to 8 generations to make sure there is no common link. For example if ur great-grandmother came from the same family (here clan, not tribe) u cannot marry even though this is all female lines.

I find the above two most important, as it underlines how people organize. For example, I still can go to someone from the same male founder, and we trace to 1300s, and he will treat me how an American will treat a first cousin, or even better. At same time, I keep in touch with only immediate cousins form my female line.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    jatt
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Country
    India
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

i didnt say that all indians have a fetish for pashtuns but many indians and indian pakistanis seem to be "facinated" by them or want to claim them as indian people
    There was no Afghanistan before Ahmed shah abdali got power. This area
    Was under hindushahi Kings. At least know afghan history before talking. N by the way they look quite similar to valley of Kashmir people. You wanna deny I don't give two hoot about it anyways

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information