Thread: The Best and the Worst today...

Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    National conservatism and Romantic nationalism - "North Sea Area" Cooperation
    Hero
    Nebukadnezar II, Emperor Titus and De Torquemada
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18,453/2,418
    Given: 32,913/4,516

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Worst: I woke-up this morning and noticed another 7 intimidating messages left on my phone last night from that crazy woman who is known for violently attacking people whenever she's angry. I feel too nervous to walk outside my home today incase she's found out my address and so I cancelled going to work.

Best: Nothing.
    Hugs.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Junior sergeant
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Black Sea coast
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Politics
    Horizontal power - people's self-government
    Religion
    Knowledge, not faith
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,233/56
    Given: 4,134/20

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Worst: I do not sleep much now, most young fathers do not get enough sleep.
    Best: From today I made an attempt to quit drinking alcohol. Forever and ever.

To walk amongst nature is to witness miracles. ❀
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Little Venice, Maida Vale, City of Westminster, Central London, UK,
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mostly West Country English with some Western Irish and Welsh ancestry.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UK Independence (Brexit.)
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19,293/228
    Given: 22,477/327

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Best: Agreeing not to work tomorrow, as I've had a busy week already... and also last Saturday I had to work, so I'm looking forward to having this weekend off.

Worst: I was interrupted this morning after coming out of the shower... my doorbell rang, and an elderly black man was standing there from the Jehovah's Witnesses and he was holding a Watchtower magazine in his hand.

I felt stunned and agitated at the nerve of those Jehovahs annoying people by knocking on peoples doors and trying to convert people to their sick cult. (The Kingdom Hall is known for having paedophiles in their organisation and I don't trust them.) I don't think it's acceptable to go around knocking on peoples doors and telling people how to live or what to believe, or trying to force their religious cult onto others.

I didn't say anything despite silently feeling annoyed, but I resolutely shook my head when he asked if he could come in. (Some conmen burglars disguise themselves as gas workers, electricians, Jehovahs, etc, in order to try to con people and get into their home.)

When I was walking to work I saw the same nutty Jehovah's man ringing on peoples doors in my neighbourhood early in the morning as people were getting ready to go to work. I think that type of behaviour is a nuisance and it should be illegal.... like unwanted sales callers (pests) on the phone or at the front door.

Later in the afternoon I was walking in the park, and a friendly and sweet English female approached me and she was smiling and was very happy to see me and she was talking to me as if we've met before... but I didn't recognise her. I felt a bit awkward as she seemed to know me - but I encounter a lot of people each day - including lots of local people who I'm familiar with, but I didn't recognise her. Her face was familiar, but her hair may have changed. It's one of those situations where I had to smile and make polite chat... but yet I didn't recognise her and I felt a bit embarrassed by it.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    The meaning of life is ... a life with meaning.

Music is a universal language ♫ ღ ♪ ♬

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Thumbs Up/Down

Worst: My auto-injector fell out of its protective casing and the injection went off with a bang noise on my bed whilst I was cleaning out my handbag. I'll now have to order another presciption as I'm anaphylactic and I'm supposed to carry two life-saving auto injection pens at all times incase of an emergency. I had to wait several months last time to get my auto injection prescription due to a global shortage of life-saving medication. I still have one auto injection pen, but I'm supposed to carry two auto injection pens.

Best: I've got the day off and I want to catch-up with the housework. I find housework therapeutic.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    National conservatism and Romantic nationalism - "North Sea Area" Cooperation
    Hero
    Nebukadnezar II, Emperor Titus and De Torquemada
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18,453/2,418
    Given: 32,913/4,516

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Worst: My auto-injector fell out of its protective casing and the injection went off with a bang noise on my bed whilst I was cleaning out my handbag. I'll now have to order another presciption as I'm anaphylactic and I'm supposed to carry two life-saving auto injection pens at all times incase of an emergency. I had to wait several months last time to get my auto injection prescription due to a global shortage of life-saving medication. I still have one auto injection pen, but I'm supposed to carry two auto injection pens.

Best: I've got the day off and I want to catch-up with the housework. I find housework therapeutic.
    This is scary !

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Judane
    Ancestry
    Jewish and Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,731/58
    Given: 1,593/11

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Best: My uncle fixed a dent in my car and spared me the expense.
    Worst: I got a notification in my Facebook feed from an Estonian acquaintance. It was an automatically generated link to a streaming website. He was clearly sticking something up his anus in the thumbnail.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    The interior of Poland
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + CM, Corded, Atlantid
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9,039/70
    Given: 19,736/76

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

deleted

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    The interior of Poland
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + CM, Corded, Atlantid
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9,039/70
    Given: 19,736/76

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldemjųden View Post
    Best: My uncle fixed a dent in my car and spared me the expense.
    Worst: I got a notification in my Facebook feed from an Estonian acquaintance. It was an automatically generated link to a streaming website. He was clearly sticking something up his anus in the thumbnail.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6,642/171
    Given: 5,509/1,213

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Best: nothing.
    Worst: a certain person is missing.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Thumbs Up/Down

Best: Walking a rescued dog from South Africa that I regularly walk and enjoy walking. He used to be very nervous of people and other dogs a few months ago, but he's become a lot less nervous now. He even jumps straight onto my lap for a cuddel now as soon as I arrive at work.

Seeing a massive (and I mean massive) turquoise coloured dragonfly flying in circles along the canal today. It was beautiful and I noticed it flying around in circles as I was standing and admiring a heron and a nest of young coots on the water as I was walking several small and cute dogs along my local canal.... and a passerby also stopped to admire the birds with me. We both liked the massive dragonfly.

Washing, drying, and grooming three adorable and very cute chihuahuas.

Worst: Walking a massive German Shepherd and then walking a Labrador - who are extremely strong - and both of them keep pulling me on the leads. They're both lovely dogs and gentle-natured - but they're way too strong whilst walking them on the lead. I have to walk them individually - and even then I'm struggling with them. My co-workers are also struggling to handle them during walks.

I feel like they're going to yank my arm out of its socket - or pull me into the traffic, as their pulling force on the lead is very challenging and difficult to control. I feel a slight painful strain in my arms and neck whenever I'm walking them due to their strong pulling force.

I even had to grab a fence railing with one of my hands at one point to stop the German Shepherd from accidentally pulling me over and some elderly people started laughing at me in the street and I felt embarrassed. I'm a small build and the dog is huge and extremely strong and I'm struggling to handle his pulling strength. (I'm more used to walking much smaller and lightweight dogs.)

Also we descended some stairs around lunchtime - and I had to let the massive and very strong German Shepherd off the lead to go down the flight of stairs - otherwise he would've accidentally pulled me down the stairs due to his speed and extremely strong pulling force. Both the German Shepherd and the Labrador get excited and they start bolting and pulling the lead hard when I take them out on walks.

I've got to walk him again tomorrow, and on Friday and Saturday too.... and I feel very tense and nervous about it incase I get pulled into the traffic.

I don't mind walking large and strong dogs - providing they don't pull hard on the lead. I usually walk small to medium sized dogs... but I've occasionally walked large Huskies, Akitas, massive (but gentle) Old English Sheepdogs, Staffordshire Terriers, Golden Retrievers... and most of them were fine and they didn't pull on their leads.... except for two Labradoodles who accidentally pulled me over to the ground when they started running in excitement along the pavement as we walked back towards the salon... and I was holding their leads and I got dragged along the pavement by their pulling force, bruised, cut, and my new coat ripped... which was over a year ago now. When the dogs realised I was laying on the pavement and being dragged along the ground by their pulling force, they stopped running in excitement, and came walking back to me.

That experience still haunts me which is why I'm very nervous about walking the very strong and big German Shepherd. I remember when that German Shepherd was just 4 months old and I posted a photo of him previously on this thread and on some other threads... and people said he's adorable.... he was very large for his age as a puppy... well he's about 1 year old now and absolutely massive!! He's lovely and gentle natured, but extremely strong on his lead.

My manager is currently on holiday in Turkey and so it's just me and the other girls in the salon this week... and we need to get an anti-pull harness to use on them to train them not to pull, but they cost £15-£17 each. Their owners have also gone away on holiday and so the dogs are staying with one of my Brazilian work colleagues at the moment, and she said she's struggling to walk them in the mornings due to their strong pulling force, even though she has her own large dogs and she goes to the gym each evening.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-03-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread Information