Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Krauty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    It would seem that Russian gadget blogger Eldar Murtaz agrees with you. I have no special sympathy for Nokia, but for one reason or the other I viscerally distrust Apple products.
    I have some special sympathy for Nokia since all of my phones up to the early 2000s were Nokia; the sad part about it is that they really need the sympathy at this point. They need new management badly.

As for distrusting Apple products, you should be very wary of connectors; magsafe = meltsafe, and the soft rubber on the other cables (like iPhone dock cable) tends to detach from the connectors too. Everything else is pretty much rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    I don't like Apple exclusivity agreements with quasi-monopolistic companies like Telefonica to sell the iPhone.
    Unfortunately, monopolies are created and sustained by governments. Voting with your wallet won't help in that case.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    HispanoRoman-IberoAquitanian-Suevian
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Autocrat and Antiglobalization Traditionalist
    Religion
    Roman-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

I have some special sympathy for Nokia since all of my phones up to the early 2000s were Nokia; the sad part about it is that they really need the sympathy at this point. They need new management badly.
    My sympathies are for Siemens. My first one was the very first mobile with external memory card, an SL-45. Nice phone.

As for distrusting Apple products, you should be very wary of connectors; magsafe = meltsafe, and the soft rubber on the other cables (like iPhone dock cable) tends to detach from the connectors too. Everything else is pretty much rock solid.
    I used to laugh at people talking about iPad as a thing between a mobile and a computer...till I know it lacks USB connectivity. I seriously doubt a thing without USB ports can nowadays be named computer (or better said, personal computer). But, iPad is just another overhyped Apple product...or maybe the 10'' tactile screen, detachable keyboard, Centrino powered PC (of course with USB 2.0 connectivity) that I bought in 2004 was a mirage -very little use or investigation I take from it so maybe it was just a mirage-.

Unfortunately, monopolies are created and sustained by governments. Voting with your wallet won't help in that case.
    Spanish gov sold Telefonica in late nineties to accomplish monetary union requirements. But it still behaves as a de-facto monopoly, so its mafious maneouvre to exclusivize spanish iPhone is not a surprise for us.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69

0 Not allowed!

It's all over, Nokia. Just call it quits:

Study: Women more attracted to men with iPhones

Looking to find a mate, guys? Your chances are better if you're packing an iPhone, according to the results of a new study published by PC World.

The British-based online phone store Phones 4u reportedly surveyed 1500 women. Fifty-four percent said they were more likely to date a man if he owns an iPhone. One respondent reportedly said "If he has an iPhone then he's obviously intelligent and well-off."

Thirty-seven percent reportedly said that owning an iPhone makes a man seem more reliable, meaning to them that a second date would be likely.

The study also found that men who use the iPhone tend to be better groomed, have a good sense of humor and can communicate better.

EDIT:

forgot the link.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Looking to find a mate, guys? Your chances are better if you're packing an iPhone, according to the results of a new study published by PC World.

The British-based online phone store Phones 4u reportedly surveyed 1500 women. Fifty-four percent said they were more likely to date a man if he owns an iPhone. One respondent reportedly said "If he has an iPhone then he's obviously intelligent and well-off."

Thirty-seven percent reportedly said that owning an iPhone makes a man seem more reliable, meaning to them that a second date would be likely.

The study also found that men who use the iPhone tend to be better groomed, have a good sense of humor and can communicate better.
    This just reveals how materialistic European society is nowadays. Women going after men just because they have an iphone?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

EDIT:

forgot the link.
    This just shows what good marketing can do. The Nokia N97 is way better than the iPhone 3GS, but people like the iPhone more. Maybe I should buy the new iPhone 4G when it comes out, so I would get laid more often...

`│´ 1312019132512912292038191221 Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Germanic
    Ethnicity
    northern barbarian
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    frosty & bloodthirsty
    Politics
    savaging and pillaging
    Religion
    catheist & evil cat propagandist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101

0 Not allowed!

EDIT:

forgot the link.
    *Buys Apple shares*

*Sells Nokia shares*

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This just reveals how materialistic British women are nowadays. Women going after men just because they have an iphone?

Fixed.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    HispanoRoman-IberoAquitanian-Suevian
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Autocrat and Antiglobalization Traditionalist
    Religion
    Roman-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

Fixed.
    Just an IPhone, six hundred fucking euros? Thanks God I'm in time to call Porsche to cancel my order!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-11-2022 @ 10:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

0 Not allowed!

I´ve a light and small Sony Ericsson for calling and texting, a tiny HP MP4 for music and a Nintendo DS if I want to play some games.
    Why should i buy a big, heavy and expensive Iphone or similar stuff? Maybe I´m a caveman or something, but i bet I wouldn´t use even the 30% of its applications

Last Online
    04-14-2011 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Krauty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    This just shows what good marketing can do. The Nokia N97 is way better than the iPhone 3GS, but people like the iPhone more. Maybe I should buy the new iPhone 4G when it comes out, so I would get laid more often...
    The N97 is a really nice box of parts. A "way better" device would have software worth a damn and wouldn't be as thick as a steak. See: Nexus One, HTC Evo etc

Quote Originally Posted by Falkata View Post
    I´ve a light and small Sony Ericsson for calling and texting, a tiny HP MP4 for music and a Nintendo DS if I want to play some games.
    Why should i buy a big, heavy and expensive Iphone or similar stuff? Maybe I´m a caveman or something, but i bet I wouldn´t use even the 30% of its applications
    >I carry three things
    >why should I carry one thing?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information