I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default 50 Things to Hate About the Dutch

DISCLAIMER This is just for humour, I have nothing against the Dutch. Someone just sent this to me and I laughed.

# 1.Dutch people can not see logic and appears to be very stupid
    # 2. They can NEVER get anything right on the first (or even second time)
    # 3. They think they live in India and worship the cow as a holy animal.
    # 4. They do not even know when Christ was born.
    # 5.The word Hygen means NOTHING to them and if a health inspector from any other country should inspect their cafe's it would be shut down.
    # 6.The think life is all about Beer and sex (Yes, I too feel sorry for them)
    # 7. The call themselves tolerant, but they are very narrow minded.
    # 8. They have no idea what a "shopping mall" is. They aren't any in Holland.
    # 9. They think going on Holiday means f***ing as many people as possible in a cheap motel in Spain.
    # 10.The woman ALL sound like men
    # 11.They celebrate religious things by getting drunk
    # 12.Most of them stink like coffee and cigs. (EWWW)
    # 13. They have no sense of humour to speak of, and if they do, they only get a joke 30 minutes after everyone else.
    # 14. They think it's normal if "fresh" air smells like dog/cos shit
    # 15. They have no idea what "interior design" means.
    # 16.They actaully think bright orange is fashionable.
    # 17.They call their pet cat's "Pussies"
    # 18. The phrase "F you" goes over their heads.
    # 19.It's almost impossible to insult them, unless you say you hate cows.
    # 20. As soon as it's 15'C out side, they put on their sunglasses and wear shorts. (Hahaha)
    # 21. They can never keep their clothes on
    # 22.I hate having to dodge their spit in the street
    # 23.Their children have no manners what so ever and get away with murder.
    # 24.They hit their dog for barking.
    # 25.They close their airport after 23pm cos it's too noisy, but party untill 6am and no one complains.
    # 26.They have no idea what chocolate cake it, they only have coco powder flavour sponge cake, with NO topping what so ever (chokes at the thought)
    # 27.You have to send a request to the town council to paint your house...
    # 28. They expect their high school students to have 14 exam subjects. (In other words, extremely shallow knowledge of everything)
    # 29. They suck at sport
    # 30. They think it's weird if someone in Australia can't understand them when they speak Dutch.
    # 31. If you are going to use a English word in a sentence you have to warn them in advance or else they will not know what language it is (even if they can speak English!!)
    # 32. They are always right *cough*
    # 33.They still show the A team and Dallas on TV
    # 34.They think cabbage and boiled patatoes' taste good
    # 35.Their queens has had the same hair style since she was born.
    # 36.They only have paprika and natural flavour chips.
    # 37.They think you're only suppose to eat 100g steaks.
    # 38.They can't pronounce "the" but they can pronounce "Cette adresse est réservée par la société"
    # 39. They think it's STILL 1945
    # 40.You can only buy 3 flavour ice creams in Holland
    # 41.They make drugs legal but it's illigal to make a fire without a permit
    # 42.They think Jerry Springer is still cool
    # 43.If you want to colour your hair, they only have one colour of each, in other word, one shade of blonde, one shade of brown... etc so everyone ends up with the same colour.
    # 44.The sell postcards with a pic of dog shit on it.
    # 45.They laugh at their own (none funny) jokes.
    # 46.A pizza to them, is a pancake with cheese topping
    # 47.They think showing sex on TV at 19pm is a good idea and then show family shows at 23pm
    # 48.They act like they've never seen a naked woman before
    # 49.They complain that people get the wrong imprssion of their country because they are more than just "windmills, clogs and tulips"...Ya right...
    # 50. They don't know right from wrong

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North Sea Germanic
    Ancestry
    Old Stockade American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

1 Not allowed!

They sound like my kind of people.

Veteran Member Lulletje Rozewater's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-24-2011 @ 10:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Holland/France/Germany
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    to preserve whiteness
    Religion
    none
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

10 great things about The Netherlands

I sometimes fear that I have a reputation as being a complainer. Can’t think why. Although I think that most people who blog are people whose friends are sick of hearing them moan so they try and find another, safer outlet.
    Anyways today I’m feeling positive. I’m determined to prove that it’s not all doom and gloom and what better topic to pick than my adopted country. It’s very very easy to complain about things when you live in a foreign country often blaming day to day problems on the country itself. So to show that windmillland can be pretty fantastic I’ve come up with ten great things about living here. Don’t worry, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

1. There is no doubt about it but the Dutch are a great looking bunch of people. Doesn’t matter if they’re tall and blond or short and dark they’re usually still strikingly beautiful. And all of this without the ego to match. They’re generally down to earth and take their looks as being nothing unusual. Your average looking Dutchman could go to Ireland and become a supermodel overnight!

2. People have an incredible confidence about them here. From an early age there’s a feeling instilled in the Dutch that they can do anything. Of course this can also have a downside but I am not mentioning arrogance here as today’s is a positive post. I’m very jealous of people brought up in such a positive environment (ironic I know).

3. Boy do they know how to make bread. Even in the supermarkets you can buy delicious bread of all shapes and sizes with a whole variety of seeds and grains or whatever is your crunch du jour. Bread from the bakeries (there’s one on nearly ever street) is even better. I would seriously think about selling a couple of my best friends for a freshly baked pumpkin seed bread.

4. You can cycle anywhere in the land without fear of being laughed off the road or run down by speeding maniacs. Every single road in every town and city almost without exception has a bike path on both sides. In fact there are 10,000 kilometers of them! And it’s not just for green freaks or the poor either – everyone cycles here from grandparents to business men in suits. The Dutch are very proud that even a former queen used to cycle to the supermarket (that’s the very least she could have done if you ask me but that’s another story).

5. Being gay in the Netherlands just isn’t a big deal. It’s not even so much that it’s accepted or tolerated – it just isn’t so important which is exactly how I like it, thank you very much – I mean why should anyone care? I used to live in a big student house with about seven other people. It took over a year for some of them to find out I was gay. In Ireland that probably would have taken roughly ten minutes.

6. There is a much healthier attitude to alcohol in The Netherlands. You don’t see hoards of drunkards getting sick on the streets in the weekend or gaggles of young women wearing little more than belts with a can of cider in one hand and a hen night fairy’s wand in the other. And that’s not to say the Dutch don’t enjoy drinking because they certainly do. They just don’t drink to excess as a rule. The beer is served in glasses slightly bigger than half a pint which I find much more conducive for a good night out than the pint glass. The beer stays cool and fresh and it gives you a chance to take a break between drinks as you have to go to the bar more frequently. Also nobody looks at you like you’re George W if you have a coke or water for a round. Oh and incidentally the legal age to drink beer here is 16 and the bars/clubs stay open very late – is this the answer to sensible drinking?

7. You can fill your house with fresh flowers for almost no money at all. In spring tulips of all shapes, colours and sizes and in summer sunflowers galore. Just a couple of euro will fill a large vase and cheer up even the dullest day. What costs you about €30 in Ireland will be around €5 here.

8. The Dutch transport system is brilliant! As an Irish man from Tralee I was gobsmacked when I arrived to hear everyone complaining about trains being five minutes late. Five minutes late? I would exclaim in disbelief – sure that’s early! There are about six trains an hour from The Hague to Amsterdam and trains even run all night long in the Randstad so you can go out in Amsterdam and still catch the train at 3am to go home and begin hangover therapy. Twenty minutes will bring you to Rotterdam, 45 to Utrecht, 30 to Schiphol. All without ever changing in Mallow. And the most exciting thing is that they have double decker trains!

9. Sinterklaas. On the 5th of December the Dutch celebrate Sinterklaas. Santa Claus is basically the result of pimp my Sinterklaas (He looks like a red St Patrick). The focus here though isn’t so much on presents as on how the presents are packaged. People go to extreme creative lengths to wrap them in the shape of funny items. They spend hours and hours making cardboard castles and the like to put the gift into. It doesn’t stop there either as you have to write a poem to go with it. We’re talking less Wordsworth and more ‘There was a lad from Ballymuck…’ the whole lot together though is a lot of fun.

10. The Netherlands borders Belgium and Germany and is also within fairly easy driving distance to at least five other countries. An hour in the air (not talking smoking dope here) will bring you almost anywhere in Europe. So if you get sick of the yummy bread, positive attitudes and moderate drinking it’s as easy as pie to go somewhere else fabulous!

I haven’t even mentioned the scrumptious cheese, the pretty canals and crooked houses, the national park with an amazing museum hidden inside, the wonderful coffee …. the sperm they left all over the world.... well you’ll just have to come visit to see the rest!

I admire those who fight for a cause and despise those who cause fights.

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post
    DISCLAIMER This is just for humour, I have nothing against the Dutch. Someone just sent this to me and I laughed.
    Well, I don't know who sent it to you, but appearantly he doesn't know much about Dutch people. I could have laughed about such a list if it was based on truth and I would be able to recognize myself, or people I know in it. However, I can't. This list just seems to be bullshit, so I don't really think it's funny.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

# 20. As soon as it's 15'C out side, they put on their sunglasses and wear shorts. (Hahaha)
    Sounds familiar

Exterminate people with brown eyes
    Last Online
    02-14-2021 @ 12:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dansk
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

1 Not allowed!

That list says more about North Americans than the glorious Dutchmen.

I Danmark er jeg født, dér har jeg hjemme,
    der har jeg rod, derfra min verden går.
    Du danske sprog, du er min moders stemme,
    så sødt velsignet du mit hjerte når.
    Du danske, friske strand,
    hvor oldtids kæmpegrave
    står mellem æblegård og humlehave.
    Dig elsker jeg!
    Danmark, mit fædreland!

Veteran Member Lulletje Rozewater's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-24-2011 @ 10:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Holland/France/Germany
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    to preserve whiteness
    Religion
    none
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The list is on Angelfire and Angelfire is an idiot
    http://www.angelfire.com/me3/lilam/dutch.html

email= Email: lilam@chello.nl

I admire those who fight for a cause and despise those who cause fights.

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Alright guys, sorry. I've been to the Netherlands plus there's a lot of Dutch immigrants in the city where I live so I know the list isn't true. I just chuckled at it and decided to share it, because I frequently make ethnic jokes, and I thought some of the Dutch folks on here might get a kick out of it too.

I'm Acadian, in our culture we tend to make fun of people we like. It's said to be "The Acadian Way". If you're dealing with one of us and we don't make fun of you, it means we don't like you.

And apparently, the author is Dutch. I just copied and pasted.

My apologies again. Humour fail.
    Last edited by Grumpy Cat; 05-03-2010 at 12:32 PM.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords Puddle of Mudd's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 11:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Random insults can be applied to any nationality. There's no relevancy.

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    10-08-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106

0 Not allowed!

I really like the Dutch, but I have one problem with them: seeing too much of orange would probably kill me.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information