Hero
    Robert E. Lee, St. Nicholas
    Religion
    Christian Identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,548
    Given: 2,119

0 Not allowed!

According to what I have heard and read, in Texas the mestizos speak a dialect called "Tex-Mex" or "Spanglish." Those who take a class in school would be taught Castilian Spanish, but it is very unlikely that the teacher would be a native Spaniard. Most likely, he or she would be from Mexico.
    Why the Holocaust™ is a Fable.__________Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

I retain copyright to all original content I post on The Apricity. Notice posted on June 13, 2020.
    "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" Martin Luther (1483-1547)

Lustrando. En paciente espera.
    Last Online
    10-11-2011 @ 01:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtíbero con sazón Visigoda Toledana
    Ethnicity
    Castellano y Español.
    Ancestry
    Cristianos Viejos Ranciosos.
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Religion
    La Sangre.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smaland View Post
    According to what I have heard and read, in Texas the mestizos speak a dialect called "Tex-Mex" or "Spanglish." Those who take a class in school would be taught Castilian Spanish, but it is very unlikely that the teacher would be a native Spaniard. Most likely, he or she would be from Mexico.
    That's exactly what I am referring to.
    So, when we met Northamericans saying that they speak spanish, we all think the same:

Eso es sudaca, no es español. Además es ridículo.
    (That is "sudaca" -southamerican despective-, not spanish. Even more, it's ridiculous.)

I suppose is difficult to find a real Castilian of Castilla that Teaches the true Spanish since we are around 20 millions, the same amount of people that are only in Mexico DF, as well we are quite far from America, now that these lands are not anymore an extension of our Castilla.
    Antes de subir al cadalso, Juan de Padilla se dirigió a su camarada Juan Bravo con unas célebres palabras: "Señor Bravo: ayer era día de pelear como caballero...hoy es día de morir como cristiano". Ante esto, Juan Bravo pidió ser ejecutado antes que Padilla, "…para no ver la muerte de tan buen caballero". Horas más tarde, también fue ejecutado y decapitado el salmantino Francisco Maldonado.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    HispanoRoman-IberoAquitanian-Suevian
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Autocrat and Antiglobalization Traditionalist
    Religion
    Roman-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smaland View Post
    Tex-Mex or Spanglish is a unestructured, impredictable misture of Spanish with English, not a real dialect of Spanish. So LatinoAmericans are capable of teaching Spanish, although, of course, if I were a NorthAmerican with no Latino roots, I would prefer to be teached by a genuine Castilian speaker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information