Banned
    Last Online
    05-23-2009 @ 05:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Germanic
    Ancestry
    Continental Europe and the British Isles. [Norway, Scotland and the former Hapsburg Empire]
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    Protestant [Agnostic]
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hors View Post
    Out of 5 "clean" Latvians I can clearly see one Gypsy and one Tatar.

Yeah I bet you have plenty of experience... As the saying goes, it takes the devil to spot his own

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Germanic
    Ancestry
    Continental Europe and the British Isles. [Norway, Scotland and the former Hapsburg Empire]
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    Protestant [Agnostic]
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Inese View Post
    This is a baltic forum why is a russian allowed to make fun about? And Russia is not Europe. Europe ends at Ural but Russia goes to Kamtschaka and borders with China, Mongolia and Japan!

Typical super-russians from Wladiwostok in East Russia!!:

Europe? China!
    The one on the right looks like Igor from my old highschool!

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

More than 30% of Latvian population are Russians and some less Latvians lower themselves to mix with Russians. This 43% Uralic genes is the Russian influence in our country!
    To pin all of that on the Russians is probably not accurate. Your fellow Baltic countries all display similarly high levels of haplogroup N, Estonia is at 40.6% and the Lithuanians at 43%. Now, before you jump the gun and blame all of that on the Russians as well, your non-Baltic neighbor, Finland, also has an extremely high rate of haplogroup N, 63%. While we can't compare current distribution with what it would've been 200 years ago, the fact that Uralic genes are present in every nation in the region, but are nearly absent from Belarus, sure makes it look more like something native to the region rather than a recent import. Even when one tribe conquers and rules another, the original genetic profile of the region usually remains in tact; if this were not the case, all of Europe would bear the Indo-European R1a marker. Here's a map showing the radial distribution of haplogroup N. Note that in your part of the world it radiates from Finland, not Russia.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,946
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

This is a baltic forum why is a russian allowed to make fun about?
    Do you want to be restricted to posting in this section only? All members have access to the same posting areas on this forum, and have the same privileges. Even Russians.

And Russia is not Europe. Europe ends at Ural but Russia goes to Kamtschaka and borders with China, Mongolia and Japan!
    So? The Russian Empire expanded into those areas from their original home West of the Urals. If one accepts your argument, you must say that Australians and Americans are not Europeans either, as they were migrants from Europe.

Last Online
    08-06-2011 @ 05:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do you want to be restricted to posting in this section only?
    If you restrict hors to the Russian forum I accept!
    So? The Russian Empire expanded into those areas from their original home West of the Urals. If one accepts your argument, you must say that Australians and Americans are not Europeans either, as they were migrants from Europe.
    Yes Russian empire expanded! It is what Russians love to do. Destroy other peoples homeland.

Why you take side with a greater russian offender who show no respect for full European countries and who want to dominate other cultures? He is the fiend you can only be lucky that Russia is not bordering your England. You would think other wise then trust me!! It is easy to talk when you are living on a island and border to humane civilisized countries like France Ireland or Germany. Hawaii is a island also.
    Last edited by Inese; 01-18-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why you take side with a greater russian offender who show no respect for full European countries and who want to dominate other cultures? He is the fiend you can only be lucky that Russia is not bordering your England. You would think other wise then trust me!! It is easy to talk when you are living on a island and border to humane countries like France Ireland or Germany.
    I'm not taking sides at all, just trying to give impartial advice here. You have called upon moderators to intervene, hence my response. From what I see, you have been calling Russians Mongols and other subhuman names, and I think this is why Hors has responded to you. If you want to receive respect from people, then give respect first. It is earned.

I don't have to trust you on these facts, I'm twice your age and know a little about world history and politics.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Germanic
    Ancestry
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    Protestant [Agnostic]
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm not taking sides at all, just trying to give impartial advice here. You have called upon moderators to intervene, hence my response. From what I see, you have been calling Russians Mongols and other subhuman names, and I think this is why Hors has responded to you. If you want to receive respect from people, then give respect first. It is earned.

I don't have to trust you on these facts, I'm twice your age and know a little about world history and politics.
    Than you should know that Muscovy was created as a satellite by the Mongol Empire, and many of the prominent families having been Mongol?

Yuriy's successor, Ivan I (r. 1325–40), managed to retain the title of Grand Duke by cooperating closely with the Mongols and collecting tribute and taxes from other Russian principalities on their behalf.
    And regardless if you don't believe that, what happened to the conquered people of Kazan and the Golden Horde? I doubt they disappeared, most converted to Christianity and became Russians... The ones who still cling onto the old identities, are mainly atheists and Muslims.
    Last edited by TheGreatest; 01-18-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Last Online
    08-06-2011 @ 05:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59

0 Not allowed!

Read the thread I said nothing about Russians! But Hors came into my thread and talked full of hate and respectless about my country and people. Why should I respect a person who talks like him? He is like the many Russians I had to know when I lived in Latvia!! They want to dominate everything and think Russia is the center of world.

You are twice my age but old people make mistakes also. And you know Latvia from hear-say only but I am from there get it please okay? Excuse but I think I have more experience when we talk about situation in Latvia and the history of my land!
    Last edited by Inese; 01-18-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatest View Post
    Than you should know that Muscovy was created as a satellite by the Mongol Empire, and many of the prominent families having been Mongol?
    Of course I know that part of history. The Huns also invaded Germany -- does this mean Germans are Asiatic?

If a few Mongol rulers had sway over Russia for a while, it doesn't mean the Slavic substratum instantly turned into Mongoloids. That's pure fantasy.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You are twice my age but old people make mistakes also. And you know Latvia from hear-say only but I am from there get it please okay? Excuse but I think I have more experience when we talk about situation in Latvia and the history of my land!
    I didn't say I was old!

This is a discussion forum. It becomes interesting when people holding differing views show their side in debate -- even strong debate. Without differences in opinion, all postings we will see here would go like this: "I agree! I agree!". Boring.

Strong debate can stir many emotions. But in the end it is very helpful and can be very educational for all who read it. So, if I were you I would see this as an excellent opportunity to present my viewpoints.

Debate need not contain ad hominem insults to the person -- if you have learned this, you have learned a lot already. Internet debate is helpful and can tweak skills of debate and persuasion that can be used in real life.

So -- my advice to all concerned, is cut out the personal insults, and enjoy a lively debate based on factual exchanges! up

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information