Conservatism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 91

0 Not allowed!

Default Germanic and Nordic Ancestry in the British Isles

We know that the Anglo-Saxons ruled England and that their political culture was critical in forming the English identity. There were also Viking raids in Scotland, while the Danes ruled in eastern Britain just before the Normans arrived.

Considering that the British Isles have a history of contact with Nordic and Germanic peoples why do most of us not look Germanic or Nordic? Was it because the genetic was minimal? The average British person does not look anything like a German, Swede, Norwegian, Dane or Finn.

Would it be correct to say that although these peoples ruled Britain most of us are not descended from them but rather come from Brythonic or Gaelic origins?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2022 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo American
    Ancestry
    Anglo/German/Dutch/Norse American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Oregon
    Y-DNA
    E-V12
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Politics
    Right
    Hero
    Evola
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,081
    Given: 56,859

1 Not allowed!

Why would British folk look Finnish?

And do the British share more commonality with non-Germanic countries?

Last Online
    12-18-2017 @ 05:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    mutt
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 540
    Given: 414

0 Not allowed!

Finns are less White than British

Anyway, I think some Brits linked with the French(Gaul) or light Iberians (Atlantid type)
    While others are Dutch/German/Danish

Banned
    Last Online
    04-24-2015 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Durham City
    Hero
    Melonhead the Messiah
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,480
    Given: 1,373

1 Not allowed!

I will personally fuck you up your asshole, confused mongrel identity-less twat scumbag. When I come to the UK or Scotland, wherever the fuck you live, you had better hope you don't see my face.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
    I will personally fuck you up your asshole

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Learning_Genetics View Post
    We know that the Anglo-Saxons ruled England and that their political culture was critical in forming the English identity. There were also Viking raids in Scotland, while the Danes ruled in eastern Britain just before the Normans arrived.

Considering that the British Isles have a history of contact with Nordic and Germanic peoples why do most of us not look Germanic or Nordic? Was it because the genetic was minimal? The average British person does not look anything like a German, Swede, Norwegian, Dane or Finn.

Would it be correct to say that although these peoples ruled Britain most of us are not descended from them but rather come from Brythonic or Gaelic origins?
    If you look at the genetics most of the British Isles populations whether they be Brythonic or Gaelic do appear to have a closer connection with Northern Europe (including Northern France). Have a look at the PoBI study. A lot of the original population comes from a similar source as other Northern Europeans.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Learning_Genetics View Post

For English, this is almost definitely a modern development. If you look at old photos of English people you really don't see the stereotypical bad teeth and general subhuman appearance that flourishes there today. You see a lot of robust nordic faces and large straight teeth. For virtually every famous English person before 20th century you see the same. There's a big list of English scientists on wikipedia and more than have of them are borreby types, most of the rest look to be anglo-saxon or pure nordic.

Lots of older people with english ancestry in the USA look like typical saxons looked like, lots of blue eyes and blond hair and faces that fit well among people from NW germany which is where saxons come from.

Most of the "whites" that come from England today to the US have shit teeth and look to be of indeterminate race. Even longbowman the English jew looks more obviously English than most of these guys do.

England has had ever increasing immigration since 7 centuries ago and the last 2 centuries have been huge, and of course the last couple decades even huger than that. France, spain, poland, pakistan, India all of these places have been colonizing England for a long time now and are becoming the norm.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Last Online
    05-26-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Britannic
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,797
    Given: 5,979

6 Not allowed!

Apologies to those members who know this inside-out, but the best I can do is post again my version of the PotBI map:

I think all this combination of DNA must give a fairly unique range of Britsh looks, although our ideas of what is a typical British, German or French look is partly a psychological construction. Last time I posted a photo of a small German group, some people thought they were English or even Irish.

Also, the only common non-British element in most white Brits is Irish.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,284
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Apologies to those members who know this inside-out, but the best I can do is post again my version of the PotBI map:

I think all this combination of DNA must give a fairly unique range of Britsh looks, although our ideas of what is a typical British, German or French look is partly a psychological construction. Last time I posted a photo of a small German group, some people thought they were English or even Irish.

Also, the only common non-British element in most white Brits is Irish.
    I am surprised at the amount of French most British have, considering the animosity that has existed between you.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Scotland, & Wales
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,213
    Given: 5,756

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Of Ice View Post
    For English, this is almost definitely a modern development. If you look at old photos of English people you really don't see the stereotypical bad teeth and general subhuman appearance that flourishes there today. You see a lot of robust nordic faces and large straight teeth. For virtually every famous English person before 20th century you see the same. There's a big list of English scientists on wikipedia and more than have of them are borreby types, most of the rest look to be anglo-saxon or pure nordic.

Lots of older people with english ancestry in the USA look like typical saxons looked like, lots of blue eyes and blond hair and faces that fit well among people from NW germany which is where saxons come from.

Most of the "whites" that come from England today to the US have shit teeth and look to be of indeterminate race. Even longbowman the English jew looks more obviously English than most of these guys do.

England has had ever increasing immigration since 7 centuries ago and the last 2 centuries have been huge, and of course the last couple decades even huger than that. France, spain, poland, pakistan, India all of these places have been colonizing England for a long time now and are becoming the norm.
    I still don't understand how you propose this supposed mass change has happened in the last 100 or so years. Those people who you claim used to be so Nordic or Saxon a couple of hundred years back are our ancestors. Many of us can trace back and see there has been no admixture from any foreigners within that time (in my case I have an Irish grandad, but still British Isles). Sure there will have been some mixing with immigrants over time, but the majority have been unaffected by immigration. You can't make a cake with only flour, eggs, butter and sugar and end up with a cake that contains strawberries. If it's not a part of the ingredients it can't be a part of the final result, i.e., us.

Remember as well that those who were famous scientists, and those who were pictured in the earliest photographs are likely to have been from the higher classes who are often a bit more Germanic looking than the lowers classes with more Celtic types. They would have had the better nutrition and so perhaps have been more robust and had better teeth etc than the un-photographed lower classes that existed at the time.

There has probably been more social mobility and mixing of people from within the Isles in more recent times. One of my grandads looks very Germanic I think, but his son married the daughter of a Celtic looking man and their child (me!) doesn't look Saxon anymore. So yes, I'm less Germanic, but I am no less British Isles.

Other than that I can only put any changes you say you see down to us living more sedentary sugar-fueled lifestyles than our grandparents and great-grandparents.

You need to go on genetics and actual ancestry and from those you can see there has been little outside influence within the last couple of hundred years for the majority of us modern natives of the British Isles.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information