Caucasian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 104

1 Not allowed!

Default Classify Freddy Daruwala, Zoroastrian-Gujarati male model

Freddy Daruwala (born Farhad Daruwala on 12 May 1984) is an Indian model and actor based in Mumbai. Daruwala is highly involved in modelling and done many modelling assignments. Besides, Daruwala also debuted in the film Mummy Punjabi. Daruwala was born in Surat, Gujarat in a Parsi family. Daruwala completed his elementary education from St. Xavier's High School, Surat and pursued a career in Master in Business Administration, but Daruwala wanted to make big in Modelling Industry. So he left his education and came in Mumbai for modelling.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,234
    Given: 43,775

0 Not allowed!

Iranid-North Indid mix.

Last Online
    11-27-2016 @ 08:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 104

0 Not allowed!

I would say Iranid-Indo brachid max. He looks out of place among north Indians because of his parsi mixture. It's interesting the numbers of parsis who have muslim sounding first-names when people say ancient zoroastrians had disdain for Islam. Freddie Daruwala is really Farhad Daruwala, and Freddie Mercury the original was called Farrokh Bulsara.
    Daruwala, literally means, 'beer-seller'.

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2017 @ 01:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 492

0 Not allowed!

He's a localized Brachycephalic type, with strong Iranid influence:

Freddy (Farhad) has spoken regarding his background and aspirations in interviews:

I was born and brought up in Surat. My father is a Parsi and my mother is a Gujarati. That probably makes me a hybrid Gujarati (laughs). I have the best of both worlds. I can read, write, speak and even teach Gujarati. Gujarat is in my blood. I have so many good memories from childhood. I connect with small things from the state that are typically Gujarati — galli cricket, kite flying during Uttarayan, bursting fire crackers for three days and nights during Diwali, playing marbles with my friends, riding my bicycle in the monsoon and shaking a leg during Navratri. I'd always wanted to be a cricketer or a biker when I was young. Modeling was something I just wanted to try out for pocket money. So I shifted to Mumbai and started my modeling career.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e.../36667250.cms?

"I wasn't ever teased about being a 'Gujarat Model', but whenever I told people I was from Gujarat, they'd link it to Modi," says Daruwala, one of the few Gujaratis on the Indian modelling scene. "If I went to South India, they'd say they had heard a lot about Modi's work. He was definitely the epitome of all things Gujarat before he started campaigning for the position of Prime Minister." Daruwala spent around two decades in Surat before shifting to Mumbai for work.

He says a defining characteristic of Gujaratis is their ability to stay united.
    http://articles.economictimes.indiat...modi-gujaratis

Thread Information