Thread: Why does the battle for gay rights stop at the borders of Islam?

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

0 Not allowed!

Default Why does the battle for gay rights stop at the borders of Islam?

You can tell when a battle has been won. Read the Pink News or any other gay news site and you will see that there are almost no stories left to report. A politician in Northern Ireland may be caught expressing an opinion on gay marriage which was the view of all mainstream UK political parties ten years ago. There might be some gossip about various celebrities (so no different from any other newspapers). But otherwise gay news sites are reduced to tentatively wondering if Transgender rights are the same as gay rights (the jury is out) and otherwise running mainstream politics stories which strangely favour the Lib Dems while expressing an inherited hostility towards the Tories and Ukip. This is no tragedy. It is a demonstration of the fact that after victory people get on with life as normal.

Of course not very far away there are people who take a quite different view of these matters. In the newspapers today we can see photos of events in the Syrian town of Raqqa. There Isis have just carried out another ‘execution’ of someone accused of being gay. The victim – this time a man in his 50s – was thrown off the top floor of a seven-storey building. He appears to have survived the fall and so was stoned to death by the crowd on the ground.

What are right-thinking people to do about this? For most of them it isn’t easy because they don’t even know where to begin thinking about this and have been taught to be almost fearful about speaking about it.

I think we can probably say with some confidence that if an evangelical Christian group threw gays off towers in the Deep South, gay media outlets would currently be lambasting the Christian churches for a history of homophobia which had led to this pass. There would be demands for every prominent and obscure Christian pastor to condemn this brutal act. And they would. If a group of group of deeply extrovert Jews did a similar thing we could, I think, expect a similarly stern response. But the most that can be done with Isis is simply to report the facts and let them sit there, as though they come from nowhere. As if the traditions of throwing gays off buildings or collapsing walls on them and so on are probably just accretions of colonial times with no connection to any religious tradition. And so, anyway – back to minor stories about Tom Daley or Clare Balding.

There are those who believe that the fight for gay rights, or indeed human rights in general, stops at the borders of Islam. Very few people seem to realise that they should not. Of course we have legions of celebrities who are willing to sign letters calling for posthumous pardons for Alan Turing and others. But how do these people select their targets? Well, whenever I ask that question the best answer I hear is that people try to do things in their own societies because that is where they can make most difference. Well, Alan Turing is dead. It is hard to think of anything more tokenistic or pointless than ‘pardoning’ a man after he’s been tormented and many years after he has died. But it is, of course, really really easy.

As for encouraging grass-roots responses on the ground (which is where everybody of course hopes it will come from), for the forseeable future is it hard to see the opportunities for a decent LGBT society to flourish in Isis-held territory. So where are all these people who profess to care about gay rights? Their absence suggests to me that agreement has broadly been reached that religious sensitivities trump human rights, as long as the sensitivities in question are Islamic.
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...ders-of-islam/
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    04-04-2021 @ 02:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Norse-Germanic-Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Celtic-Norse-Germanic-Baltic
    Ancestry
    Scotland, England, Ireland, Lithuania
    Country
    Scotland
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 91

0 Not allowed!

What is the need to promote gay rights?

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Learning_Genetics View Post
    If the alternative is to deny them rights, there is a need.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Learning_Genetics View Post
    Makes people happy, costs nothing.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,201
    Given: 43,741

0 Not allowed!

Good point.

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Hero
    Canute the Great
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41,635
    Given: 16,016

3 Not allowed!

Individualist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-13-2019 @ 02:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian & Yankee
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway Paternal: Massachusetts
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Connecticut
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Marcus Tullius Cicero and Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,884
    Given: 1,005

1 Not allowed!

Because, in the Islamic world, it is hopeless. Bestiality is acceptable because goats have no rights to demand be honored.
    "This is not my time; this is not my world; these are not my people." - Martin H. Francis

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    I've seen this video. It's amazing how the left sees you as a far right, racist Neo-Nazi if you're against Islam. Leftists, as usual, clearly have no idea about the ideology of Islam. If gays can march near churches or in conservatively Christian neighbourhoods (as they always do), then they have the rights to do so in Muslim areas as well. It's not xenophobic or racist. If anything, the media and Muslims are homophobic and bigoted for being against such marches, no? Lol

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Because liberals love multiculturalism and Islam more than they love gays.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Muslims in North America are tolerated when they bend over to liberal lifestyle. This is why any Muslim that wants to be taken seriously must vow that homosexuals are cool people and that Jews aren't bad (just Israel which is problematic).

Look at Ilhan Omar, a Somali, who goes to LGBT pride parades.

Spoiler!

There's a reason why Muslims adopt far more SJW mentality than liberals adopt Islamic beliefs. It's one group having a bigger effect on the other.

Spoiler!

In Western Europe on the other hand, Muslims are very far from being woke. They have been flooding into Europe for decades unchecked and causing terror attacks and their demographic cohort has risen sharply in the last decade; the community has gained traction and their influence is embedded in every portion of society.

They can easily get away with anti-LGBT stuff because they already treat them as a protected group with special privileges and rights.

Take UK for instance:

Spoiler!

France has invented the delusion that there is a "good Islam" and a "bad Islam". They want the Muslims to follow the "nice Islam" that tolerates caricatures, LGBT, secularism, etc. But LGBT in France will remain predominantly white.

Case in point:

Spoiler!

French teenage lesbian fired from her school, and investigation started against her for inciting racial hatred after she said in a video "Islam is shit, I put my finger in your god's arsehole". She actually posted that video after resisting the sexual advances of Arab men. Muslims in France now want to rape her and kill her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Thread Information