Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

If I’m reading it right it seems similar to the theory developed by the Iranian Dr Kaveh Farrokh who posits an original Anatolian homeland for the IE and an acculturated Ukrainian steppe. That chart seems to differ by having the IE move into the Balkans (similar up to now) but differs in a migration into the Ukraine from the Balkans……then again it might be the same, I haven’t got his book in front of me right now.

Where are the Slavic languages? Shouldn’t they be on the same branch as Germanic?
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Veteran Member Lulletje Rozewater's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-24-2011 @ 10:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Holland/France/Germany
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    to preserve whiteness
    Religion
    none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post

What do you think about this chart?
    Is about right,but the Aryan worshipers would disagree with you.

I admire those who fight for a cause and despise those who cause fights.

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.

Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alpha Female
    Ethnicity
    Onogondur Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    They drank from skulls...
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Pontisch
    Politics
    gynecocracy
    Religion
    The Sun/ The Moon/ The Stars
    Relationship Status
    Not your future girlfriend
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Not sure which should be first - Balkans or Old Steppe I.E. There are various theories about ancient Balkan population (but not Hellenics) being autochthonous or "alien" from the Black Sea steppes.
    “The truth is lived, not taught."
    Tabiti is just a paranoid Bulgarian who clearly has an agenda
    Void aka Dusan

Progressive Collectivist Agrippa's Avatar
    Last Online
    01-17-2012 @ 01:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364

0 Not allowed!

In my opinion there were no real Indoeuropeans outside of Europe, but Indoeuropeans came into existence by the meeting of Anatolian farmers with local Mesolithic groups in South Eastern or Eastern Europe.

The only thing which remains a mystery who brougth more into the language and biologically, was it first in South Eastern Europe or Eastern Europe. Thats not clear yet.

Most likely the ancestral Anatolian group was related to the people of Çatalhöyük and related groups, which were racially mostly robust Mediterranoids and fit in racially too.

Before they entered there existed only Pre-Proto-Indo-Europeans. I'd say Proto-Indo-Europeans came into existence in Europe and not outside of it, Hittites and the like were Indo-Europeans marching into Anatolia, operating and spreading their ethnocultural identiy via elite dominance, no local continuity.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    In my opinion there were no real Indoeuropeans outside of Europe, but Indoeuropeans came into existence by the meeting of Anatolian farmers with local Mesolithic groups in South Eastern or Eastern Europe.
    Yep, but these 'Anatolians' had been in Europe for about two millennia before this fateful encounter, and had probably already assimilated a lot with the 'natives'.
    I'd say Proto-Indo-Europeans came into existence in Europe and not outside of it, Hittites and the like were Indo-Europeans marching into Anatolia, operating and spreading their ethnocultural identiy via elite dominance, no local continuity.
    Definitely. The earlier Hatti language was even still spoken in the Hittite Kingdom. Hittites called themselves Kanesans or something like that, and retained traditions of migrating into the region.

There is NO good reason to suppose pre-Anatolian PIE was spoken outside Europe. I've even seen attempts to link Anatolian with the Neolithic Black Sea Varna Culture (of Bulgaria). ANatolian shows some very archaic traits, and it is reasonable to suppose it left the homeland earliest.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Agreed on every word!

This was a long time process in Europe taking place and both parts melted into a new form = Indo-European.

The earlier Hatti language was even still spoken in the Hittite Kingdom. Hittites called themselves Kanesans or something like that, and retained traditions of migrating into the region.
    I knew that and would like to add that the people of region can change racially or being different, especially at that time, from one clan to another. Even in the early Neolithic times we encounter different types and later the Hatti had a stronger Armenoid tendency already, which wasn't present before or at least not significant.

What makes this story difficult however is, that those Hatti people are closer related to Caucasian people it seems, like the Hurrians and Urartians too. All being later divided among Indoeuropeans and Semites, later even Turkic groups.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    Agreed on every word!

What makes this story difficult however is, that those Hatti people are closer related to Caucasian people it seems, like the Hurrians and Urartians too.
    Difficult? In what way?

It seems that even Knossos and Korinthos are likely to be related to NE Caucasian, from reading the more daring long-term historical-linguists.

Agrippa, this is as good a place to ask as any; how do you see the proposed Semitic/Afro-Asiatic borrowings in PIE? 'Wanderwords'? Words inherited from an ancient language related to neither? Elusive Caucasianisms again? Their presence in the mystical realm is intriguing - 'seven' and 'star'...

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post

Difficult? In what way?
    Because they could have expanded from the Caucasian core areas into Anatolia and that way eliminating a possible Pre-Proto-Indo-European or Proto-Indo-European people there.

It seems that even Knossos and Korinthos are likely to be related to NE Caucasian, from reading the more daring long-term historical-linguists.
    Well, I don't follow that "regularly", are there any news for Linear A? Because as long as that isn't fixed, we can speculate about a lot of things.

Agrippa, this is as good a place to ask as any; how do you see the proposed Semitic/Afro-Asiatic borrowings in PIE? 'Wanderwords'? Words inherited from an ancient language related to neither? Elusive Caucasianisms again? Their presence in the mystical realm is intriguing - 'seven' and 'star'...
    Honestly, I have no idea at all. But currently I think about a relation of Asian Afro-Asiatics and Pre-Proto-Indo-European, which would be not that far fetched if considering the colonists had significant J2 and came from a region which was at that time already Afro-Asiatic to a large degree we can assume...

Probably the Indo-Europeans adopted more from the language of the local Mesolithic people than the newcomers, but some words survived.

Are those words in a specific category more often? You know where I want to head to, are they f.e. related to certain activities and tools more often? Because if they would go for agriculture, it's almost certain.

As for the "Caucasianism", that must be recognisable in a comparison with the Caucasians I guess.

But really, I can just guess around, but this one had a reasonable approach:

http://homer.members.pgv.at/INDOEURO/afroasia.htm

Last Online
    04-07-2014 @ 07:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Corded
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Sleswig, Silesia, Rzeczpospolita
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Schleswig
    Y-DNA
    N1c
    Taxonomy
    Robust horseface with a touch of mong
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Patrick Bateman
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 92

0 Not allowed!

It's kinda strange, but accurate in a way. Rename "Old Europe" to "Western IE" and "Old Steppe" to "Eastern IE", move Greek to "Eastern IE", move Scythian to Iranian branch, add Balto-Slavic alongside the Germanic one, and it's about that. But very inprecise. I've posted a more accurate tree of IE languages - this one:

, in this thread - http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12410.

The idea of "Pre-Proto-IE" or, like it is more often called, "Indo-Hittite" is quite widely accepted in modern linguistics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information