Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Distribution of Y-chromosome DNA (Y-DNA) haplogroups of ethnic Macedonians

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-07-2024 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,635
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Def. no, since some of western Serbs are converts to orthodoxy in Croatia, Western and northern Bosnia or mixed with Croats and that is why they are more northern shifted than Serbs from Serbia, among other reasons.
    Not again!

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,724
    Given: 43,633

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Not again!
    Thee are, like some from my Island. Also converts to orthodoxy in north and west Bosnia are fact, ask Devil's Advocate
    just like there are Catholic converts in Herzegovina

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-07-2024 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,635
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Thee are, like some from my Island. Also converts to orthodoxy in north and west Bosnia are fact, ask Devil's Advocate
    just like there are Catholic converts in Herzegovina
    Might be that only Serbs which carry R1a-Z280>Y2613 were once Croatians, but this haplogroup is very rare among Serbs. Krajina Serbs have about 5% of this branch, and east of Vrbas river almost does not exist.

On the othern hand Croatians which carry I2-PH908 were once Serbs. About 26% of Croatians carry PH908.
    We think that PH908 came to the western Balkans with Serbs from Czechia in 7th century.

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    I felt need to bump this thread to respond to the lies of some Serbian users in here!

Debunking their lies second part:

According to Maciamo, the admin of Eupedia, the y-dna frequencies in the Balkan people:

This results were made taking in consideration all the y-dna studies done on the respective populations until now, as well as the public dna projects!

What we see here is that Macedonian's men y-dna frequencies are the most similar to those of the people of Northern Greece and Bulgaria!

I2a + R1a in Macedonians is 36.5%, in Northern Greece is 34% and in Bulgaria is 37%.
    Of course, not all I2a is of the Dinaric/Slavic one, there is I2a2 as well, but this one is not very common and most of I2a and R1a is of the Slavic variety!

E1b + J2 + R1b in Macedonians is 48%, in Northern Greece is 48.5% and in Bulgaria is 45.5%!

Serbs from Serbia proper on the other hand have I2a + R1a up to 52% and E1b + J2 + R1b down to 30%!
    Taking in consideration that they received massive influx of migrants from Macedonia during Ottoman times is probably why they differ from the Western Serbs and Bosnian Serbs who are way more different than us and probably the most original Serbs which is not surprising at all!

Let's make now more in depth look inside of one of the most common lineages in Serbia and Macedonia, I2a1b!

According to Vayda's blog, I2a1b in Bulgaria, Macedonia and Northern Greece is differentiated than the one in Serbia:

screen capture windows

As we can see, inside I2a1b there are few different subclades all not older than 2000 ybp!

Macedonian I2a1b is represented by three subclades of DinA3, DinB and DinC and has similar distribution to Bulgaria and probably Northern Greece as the presented figures in this image are for all Greece, not just Northern Greece!

On the other hand, the majority of the Serbian I2a1b is represented by the DinA3 subclade!

There is no need to speak about the distribution or frequency of different subclades inside E1b, J2 or R1b as these are more common and diverse in Macedonia rather than Serbia!
    These results are average results for the whole country, right? They do not distinguish between Macedonian Slavs and Albanians. If this is taken into account, then the E in Macedonian Slavs decreases, while the I increases.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    These results are average results for the whole country, right? They do not distinguish between Macedonian Slavs and Albanians. If this is taken into account, then the E in Macedonian Slavs decreases, while the I increases.
    Actually it is taken in consideration...
    There is no reason, why Bulgarians would have more E and less I than Macedonians when both populations are very similar.

The haplotypes are from the following studies done on the Macedonian male population and can be found on the official page of YHRD.org:

Mirko Spiroski, Todor Arsov contributed 150 Haplotypes on July 3, 2008 (for reference see Spiroski M., Arsov T., Krüger C., Willuweit S., Roewer L. (2005), 'Y-chromosomal STR haplotypes in Macedonian population samples.', Forensic Sci Int 148(1), 69-73 [Pubmed] [DOI] ) Filed under accession number YA003208

Zlatko Jakovski contributed 201 Haplotypes on July 3, 2008 (for reference see Jakovski Z., Nikolova K., Jankova Ajanovska R., Marjanovic D., Pojskic N., Janeska B. (2011), 'Genetic data for 17 Y-chromosomal STR loci in Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia.', Forensic Sci Int Genet 5(4), e108-11 [Pubmed] [DOI] ) Filed under accession number YA003354

Renata Jankova contributed 103 Haplotypes on March 27, 2018 Filed under accession number YA004345

Elena Bosch, Eva Mateu, Francesc Calafell, Anna González-Neira, David Comas contributed 52 Haplotypes on July 3, 2008 (for reference see Bosch E., Calafell F., González Neira A., Flaiz C., Mateu E., Scheil HG., Huckenbeck W., Efremovska L., Mikerezi I., Xirotiris N., Grasa C., Schmidt H., Comas D. (2006), 'Paternal and maternal lineages in the Balkans show a homogeneous landscape over linguistic barriers, except for the isolated Aromuns.', Ann Hum Genet 70(Pt 4), 459-87 [Pubmed] [DOI] ) Filed under accession number YA003323

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    Actually it is taken in consideration...
    There is no reason, why Bulgarians would have more E and less I than Macedonians when both populations are very similar.
    This is also what I thought. Then again, it should be destinguished between different ethnic groups if that were the case. I mean, Roma or Vlachs are not taken into account either. I think these results are nation wide.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

0 Not allowed!

Take Alb-Shqiptars out of equation and you will see Macedonian I2a up and EV13 down.......similar to Serbia and not Bulgaria.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

0 Not allowed!

What’s interesting to note Balkan Roma have a high % of EV13 similarly to Alb-Shqiptars.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy