Thread: East Med examples

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Columella View Post
    But if it is a mishmash then it cannot be standardised and then it is Not a Type.
    Regional look is different from “type”.
    Perhaps you're right. But what would you call eastern Mediterraneans (i.e. Levantines and North Mesopotamians who have a Mediterranean appearance)? Pontids or just Meds?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkan View Post
    Pontid is an East Med.

Iranid is an East Med.

North Indid is an East Med.

Egyptid is an East Med.

Nesid is an East Med.

Gangid is an East Med.
    Including every phenotype to the east of the Mediterranean is very technical and far-fetched. The keyword here is "Mediterranean", which means the phenotype must be associated with Med people and also be adjacent to the Med region. By your logic, you can also use the term "East Baltid" to denote Japanese and Koreans, because well, they're to the east of the Baltic region.

Maybe there should be a better and more suited term instead of "east med" to reduce this odd confusion where people include Indids and Gangids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas View Post
    This is West Asian, more specifically Armenoid(brachycephalic).

East Meds can be found in Europe, West Asia, North Africa and even to India and they are dolichocephalic.

EAST-MEDITERRANID

Refers to the Mediterranid varieties, including Pontid, which are indigenous to the eastern Mediterranean areas. The term has also been applied to a larger selection of eastern European and Central Asian brunet dolichocephalic types, including Orientalids.

www.theapricity.com/snpa/gloss1.htm#E
    First of, just because they're brachy that doesn't mean they're Armenoids. By the way, these two male and female examples I displayed are not Armenoid. The guy is some sort of an Asiatic Alpine and Med with Syrid influence. The woman is just Med.

A true, pure Mediterranid may be a doli. But many are within the Meso range as well. The are also native European Meds who are heavily alpinized with brachy skulls. So what, they cannot be Meds? Or they're Armenoids now? Remember, people are very mixed today. Not everyone is 100% Doli or Brachy even. Meds included (maybe besides gracile meds). This means a person can simultaneously be Med and Alpine, having features of both phenotypes. Hence the reason why some Meds may appear broad-headed, whilst still retaining classical Med or Pontid features. It's called being mixed.

Btw, according to human phenotype.com Pontids are an East Med type and are described as "Mesocephalic".

P.S. "East Mediterranean" is not a bona fide, assigned phenotype. It never was. But we use it somehow today for some reason.

Southern Hellenic Supremacy Hellenas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Olympian, Pelasgian, Minoan, Achaean, Dorian and Eastern Roman
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    South Hellas, Aegean Hellas and Hellenic Ionia
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Aegean-Mainland Helleno-Mediterranean, South-East European Mediterranid
    Politics
    Aristotelian Polity & Hellenic Nationalism
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Hermeticism of Hermes Trismegistus and Jesus Christ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,546
    Given: 842

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    First of, just because they're brachy that doesn't mean they're Armenoids. By the way, these two male and female examples I displayed are not Armenoid. The guy is some sort of an Asiatic Alpine and Med with Syrid influence. The woman is just Med.
    West Asia mostly is Armenoid.

Anthropology. - Contributions to the Anthropology of the Near~East. 11.
    The spread of brachycephalic races. By C. U. ARIËNS KAPPERS.

With regard to the "Armenoid" character of several groups of the Near~East population. first emphasized by VON LUSCHAN I) and confirmed by SELIGMAN 2). DUDLEY BUXTON 3) and others.

The 1. w. i. in the real Lebanese appears to be very much the same as in the Armenians. And if 1 abstract from my 136 Armenians also the (only 10) Armenians in which the index was lower than 81. we see that the "real" Lebanese and the "real" Armenians also resemble each other in so far as in both the female 1. w. index is slightly lower.

http://www.dwc.knaw.nl/DL/publications/PU00015950.pdf

A true, pure Mediterranid may be a doli. But many are within the Meso range as well. The are also native European Meds who are heavily alpinized with brachy skulls. So what, they cannot be Meds?
    Mixed Alpine-Meds are not Mediterraneans.

Or they're Armenoids now?
    No European population is Armenoid like Near Easterners are.

Remember, people are very mixed today. Not everyone is 100% Doli or Brachy even. Meds included (maybe besides gracile meds). This means a person can simultaneously be Med and Alpine, having features of both phenotypes.
    This is Alpine-Med not Mediterranean.

You can try to pass here Near Eastern Armenoids for "Meds" but they are not!

This is Orientalid East Med.

This is not.

Last edited by Hellenas; 06-21-2018 at 04:30 AM.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, liars gonna lie, slanderers gonna slander and morons(all of the aforementioned) gonna be morons!

HELLENIC RACE FORUM
    https://hellenicrace.freeforums.net/

Post in the shoutbox.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Anatolian
    Ancestry
    Barcin Neolithic+CHG
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,764
    Given: 2,769

2 Not allowed!

East med dosnt exist!!!!

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

1 Not allowed!

West Asia mostly is Armenoid.

With regard to the "Armenoid" character of several groups of the Near~East population. first emphasized by VON LUSCHAN I) and confirmed by SELIGMAN 2). DUDLEY BUXTON 3) and others.

The 1. w. i. in the real Lebanese appears to be very much the same as in the Armenians. And if 1 abstract from my 136 Armenians also the (only 10) Armenians in which the index was lower than 81. we see that the "reai" Lebanese and tbe "real" Armenians also resembie each other in so far as in both the female 1. w. index is slightly lower.

Yes, except that many Armenians are not Armenoid either. By the way, if you want to get into labels (such as Near Eastern and European), then you should also be a bit consistent and not group Lebanese people with Armenians because the former are Semites and the latter Indo-Europeans, right?

Mixed Alpine-Meds are not Mediterraneans.
    You can say they're not "true Meds", but they are Meds either way. Dark hair, dark eyes, olive complexion, but broad headed and an ethnic Italian. What would that person be now, Borreby? Lol.

Your continent doesn't care what phenotype you are. It's all gradient. Sure, Europeans have far less Armenoids than Near Easterners, but they still have them either way. For your information, at its peripheries, Armenoid is also found in "across the Mediterranean (Crete, Southern Italy and Southwestern Spain, Crete, Tunisia), in Central Asia, Syria, traces far South to Yemen and India".

This is Alpine-Med not Mediterranean.
    Huh? Alpine Med is both Alpine and Med. 2+2=4

You can try to pass here Near Eastern Armenoids for "Meds" but they are not!
    I don't care if they're from Mars even, if they look Med they are classified Med. Everyone in this forum has classified Med looking Near Easterners as "East Med". Btw, I never pass Orientalids like Arabids especially as Meds. What is your point?

This is Orientalid East Med.

Definitely looks Orientalid. But not all Near Easterners look like that.

This is not.

He is not what, Orientalid? What is he to you?

Anyway, looking at his other pics, I would say he is Syrid and some East Med (head is too long for Alpine). He is not a classical Armenoid, despite having its influence.
    Last edited by Zroota; 06-20-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If I remember well you are the Assyrian who claimed once Greeks are naturally light brown skinned and similar to Near Easterners. Lol, let's answer your Middle Eastern/Near Eastern theories...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Yes, except that many Armenians are not Armenoid either. By the way, if you want to get into labels (such as Near Eastern and European), then you should also be a bit consistent and not group Lebanese people with Armenians because the former are Semites and the latter Indo-Europeans, right?
    Both are Near Easterners, your complaints to Anthropologists who group them together.

You can say they're not "true Meds", but they are Meds either way. Dark hair, dark eyes, olive complexion, but broad headed and an ethnic Italian. What would that person be now, Borreby? Lol.
    I study racial Anthropology for almost 15 long years, you are the last person who will teach me anything on the subject! It's funny having an Assyrian trying to teach Greeks and Italians of what they are, especially by saying they are of "olive complexion".

live complexion
    Never met in my whole life an Italian with "olive complexion", is it by coincidence...? Lol! A Middle Easterner calling Italians "olive". That's what you dream for south Europeans, they are olive Near Easterners, swarthy Orientalid "Meds" and Armenoids?

Make sweet Middle Eastern dreams then!

The Med-Alpine type is called in racial Anthropology as Mixed Alpine, not Med, not Alpine.

http://dienekes.awardspace.com/texts...morphological/

E1 Mixed Alpine Slight Massive, high Medium Flat lambda

E3 Mediterranean-Alpine Medium Intermediate Medium Rounded

http://dienekes.awardspace.com/texts/angeltypes/

Your continent doesn't care what phenotype you are. It's all gradient. Sure, Europeans have far less Armenoids than Near Easterners, but they still have them either way. For your information, at its peripheries, Armenoid is also found in "across the Mediterranean (Crete, Southern Italy and Southwestern Spain, Crete, Tunisia), in Central Asia, Syria, traces far South to Yemen and India".
    Again.

Armenoid is concentrated in the Near East and represent you Near Easterners, not Europeans. For us it's just an exotic type.

I don't care if they're from Mars even, if they look Med they are classified Med. Everyone in this forum has classified Med looking Near Easterners as "East Med". Btw, I never pass Orientalids like Arabids especially as Meds. What is your point?
    Armenoid= Armenoid(not Med, not East, not West, not North, not South, not nothing). Armenoids are not even Med looking, let alone being Meds craniofacially and skeletally.

Everyone in this forum has classified Med looking Near Easterners as "East Med".
    No Anthropologist care of what Sikeliot and all other kids here classify as "Med". Your complaints to the Anthropological world, not to me.

Definitely looks Orientalid. But not all Near Easterners look like that.
    This is the main "Med" type of the Orient, Near East etc. Orientalid Med.

He is not what, Orientalid? What is he to you?
    HE IS NOT MEDITERRANEAN, NOT NOT ORIENTALID!

He is Armenoid, Near Easterner, similar to Armenians according to Anthropologists.

Of course he is Orierntalid, Near Easterners are Orientalids.

He is Orientalid-Armenoid.

Anyway, looking at his other pics, I would say he is Syrid and some East Med (head is too long for Alpine). He is not a classical Armenoid, despite having its influence.
    Armenoid type is prevalent among Lebanese and they mostly resemble Armenians, I already posted the Anthropology quote of ARIËNS KAPPERS on the Anthropology of the Near East.

Bertil Lundman

"In the racial anthropology of the early 20th century, the Armenoid type is a subtype of the Caucasian race. According to anthropologist Carleton Coon, the countries of the northern part of Western Asia, namely Anatolia/Asia Minor, the Caucasus, Iran, Upper Mesopotamia and the Levant, were considered the center of distribution of the Armenoid race."
    Last edited by Hellenas; 06-21-2018 at 04:28 AM.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, liars gonna lie, slanderers gonna slander and morons(all of the aforementioned) gonna be morons!

HELLENIC RACE FORUM

Post in the shoutbox.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Berkan View Post
    Pontid is an East Med.

Iranid is an East Med.

North Indid is an East Med.

Egyptid is an East Med.

Nesid is an East Med.

Gangid is an East Med.
    Correct.

Systematic Appendix: The Races of Europe

II. Progressive Procopomorphic Types - All Extremely Long-Skulled.

a) East-Mediterranean Race: dark pigmented, with many subraces.

1. The Pontid (in southern Russia).

And also...

2. The Iranid: partly influenced by the Arabid race, with narrow rectangular face.
    3. The North-Indid: very tall, heavily bearded, large nose, and a high frequency of blood type gene q.
    4. The Gangid: small, very gracile, with thin, sparse beard, and a high frequency of blood type gene q.
    5. The Nesid (in the South Seas).
    6. The Saharid or South-Mediterranean (in North Africa): rather tall and gracile, with a low frequency of blood type gene q.
    7. The Aegyptid: very closely related to the Saharid, but with a high frequency of blood type gene q.

www.theapricity.com/snpa/lundman-races4.htm

Saharid also according to Bertil Lundman.

Practically has no meaning using "East Med" taxonomy as it includes a multiple number of Anthropological types.

HELLENIC RACE FORUM

Post in the shoutbox.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

1 Not allowed!

If I remember well you are the Assyrian who claimed once Greeks are naturally light brown skinned and similar to Near Easterners. Lol, let's answer your Middle Eastern/Near Eastern theories...

Both are Near Easterners, your complaints to Anthropologists who group them together.

I study racial Anthropology for almost 15 long years, you are the last person who will teach me anything on the subject! It's funny having an Assyrian trying to teach Greeks and Italians of what they are, especially by saying they are of "olive complexion".

Never met in my whole life an Italian with "olive complexion", is it by coincidence...? Lol! A Middle Easterner calling Italians "olive". That's what you dream for south Europeans, they are olive Near Easterners, swarthy Orientalid "Meds" and Armenoids?

Make sweet Middle Eastern dreams then!

The Med-Alpine type is called in racial Anthropology as Mixed Alpine, not Med, not Alpine.

http://dienekes.awardspace.com/texts...morphological/

E1 Mixed Alpine Slight Massive, high Medium Flat lambda

E3 Mediterranean-Alpine Medium Intermediate Medium Rounded

http://dienekes.awardspace.com/texts/angeltypes/

Again.

Armenoid is concentrated in the Near East and represent you Near Easterners, not Europeans. For us it's just an exotic type.

Armenoid= Armenoid(not Med, not East, not West, not North, not South, not nothing). Armenoids are not even Med looking, let alone being Meds craniofacially and skeletally.

No Anthropologist care of what Sikeliot and all other kids here classify as "Med". Your complaints to the Anthropological world, not to me.

This is the main "Med" type of the Orient, Near East etc. Orientalid Med.

HE IS NOT MEDITERRANEAN, NOT NOT ORIENTALID!

He is Armenoid, Near Easterner, similar to Armenians according to Anthropologists.

Of course he is Orierntalid, Near Easterners are Orientalids.

He is Orientalid-Armenoid.

Armenoid type is prevalent among Lebaneze and they mostly resemble Armenians, I already posted the Anthropology quote of ARIËNS KAPPERS on the Anthropology of the Near East.

Bertil Lundman

"In the racial anthropology of the early 20th century, the Armenoid type is a subtype of the Caucasian race. According to anthropologist Carleton Coon, the countries of the northern part of Western Asia, namely Anatolia/Asia Minor, the Caucasus, Iran, Upper Mesopotamia and the Levant, were considered the center of distribution of the Armenoid race."
    Lebanese don't resemble Armenians lol. Turks, Georgians, Pontians and Assyrians are relatively much closer looking to us than Lebs. The hell is wrong with you?

Lebs can resemble western Armenians sometimes but that's not the case for most. They're too Orientalid and even Arabid influenced, types that are uncommon or flat out dont exist, especially among Eastern Armenians.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-21-2018 @ 08:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic/levantine
    Ethnicity
    Afghan/syrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 26

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NarLFC View Post
    Lebanese don't resemble Armenians lol. Turks, Georgians, Pontians and Assyrians are relatively much closer looking to us than Lebs. The hell is wrong with you?

Lebs can resemble western Armenians sometimes but that's not the case for most. They're too Orientalid and even Arabid influenced, types that are uncommon or flat out dont exist, especially among Eastern Armenians.
    From the pictures of Armenians and Lebanese I have seen saying that Armenians look closer to lebs than to Turks north Caucasians and Greeks seems ridiculous

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thykingdomcome View Post
    From the pictures of Armenians and Lebanese I have seen saying that Armenians look closer to lebs than to Turks north Caucasians and Greeks seems ridiculous
    Exactly. Even when you show them the evidence they just simply want to stick to their biases and perceptions of what we look like.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NarLFC View Post

The wrong is not with me but with you and Anthropology, most people here don't even understand the aim of Anthropology.

Lebanese Armenoids and Armenian Armenoids are similar skeletally.

The 1. w. i. in the real Lebanese appears to be very much the same as in the Armenians. And if 1 abstract from my 136 Armenians also the (only 10) Armenians in which the index was lower than 81. we see that the "real" Lebanese and the "real" Armenians also resemble each other in so far as in both the female 1. w. index is slightly lower.

More on the Armenoids/Asiatic-Dinarics.

https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/troeplate40.htm

https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/troeplate41.htm

https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/troeplate42.htm

Armenoid Armenians, Turks, Assyrians, Syrians, Lebanese, are same race to me.

Time to accept all of you your Armenoid heritage!
    Last edited by Hellenas; 06-21-2018 at 04:31 AM.

HELLENIC RACE FORUM

Post in the shoutbox.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information