Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why did Bosniaks convert to Islam?

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    Wikipedia is not a serious source. The majority of articles about the Albanian history are written by greek and serv net-warriors, alexikoua, zoupan(davai, the famous troll of Apricity) antidiscriminator, etc.
    What? Zoupan is davai? I can't believe it, I used to edit wikipedia a lot and write articles and he reversed literally every article I wrote about Bosnian history into Serb mythomania. I had no idea they were the same person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

1 Not allowed!

Btw Vlatko seemed to be hurt because Mehmet executed the last king of Bosnia.
    Anyway his family and the Bosniak ruling classes later received high positions and gifts which they couldn't even dream of.

The example is the half brother of Bosnia's last king.

Osman's Dream: The Story of the Ottoman Empire 1300-1923
    By Caroline Finkel

The heretic leftover Bosniaks were very much happy of their situation in decades which followed the Turkish takeover of Bosnia, I think there is no discussion about that. Albanians, who developed self-rule in western Balkans were never so much privileged.

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    Anyway his family and the Bosniak ruling classes later received high positions and gifts which they couldn't even dream of.

By Caroline Finkel

The heretic leftover Bosniaks were very much happy of their situation in decades which followed the Turkish takeover of Bosnia, I think there is no discussion about that. Albanians, who developed self-rule in western Balkans were never so much privileged.
    This is true, the conversion of the majority-heretic nobility made them keep their lands just as earlier.

Also, unlike other parts of the Ottoman Empire, Bosniak sipahis had hereditary land (timar), as far as am I informed about it. This meant that a Bosniak who had earned his land by fighting as an Ottoman soldier on the border wouldn't give his land back to the state after dying, but would pass it on to his son. This was the basis of the formation of the "begovat" ruling class.

You are free to correct me, because I'm not 100% sure if Bosniak warriors really passed their timars on to their sons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA
    I2a-Din
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,898
    Given: 2,620

0 Not allowed!

By Caroline Finkel

Yes, surely. Heretics (who were Christians) just waited for turkic horde to conquer them and bring them Islam. Very nice story.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlatko Vukovic View Post
    Yes, surely. Heretics (who were Christians)
    Neo-manichean Bogomils, who were being sent to Italy in chains by their own king. Rejected by both eastern and western Churches.
    just waited for turkic horde to conquer them and bring them Islam. Very nice story.
    The Turkic horde had absolutely no policy to convert. The proof is the Armenians, Greeks, Bulgarians, Serbs and else. The point of the invasion was military control and pacification of potential foes, that came before the desire to convert the subject.

The Bosniaks waited a rule which wouldn't mistreat them for what they believed in, unlike their own king and upper ecclesiastical class. If they chose to convert, it was their problem. Not Turks'.

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA
    I2a-Din
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,898
    Given: 2,620

0 Not allowed!

The Turkic horde had absolutely no policy to convert. The proof is the Armenians, Greeks, Bulgarians, Serbs and else.
    Who had money to pay you Jizya (harach), yes. You didn't want to convert him. But do you know there was a people which was poor? And didn't have money to pay you harach. What they must? They must convert. Very simply.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Who had money to pay you Jizya (harach), yes. You didn't want to convert him. But do you know there was a people which was poor? And didn't have money to pay you harach. What they must? They must convert. Very simply.
    Gee stop your romance, you will make people go in full tears for the alleged sufferings. We already mentioned that in Bosnia, the Islamization was a middle class, land owners movement. And even as Serb and Croat peasantry started to become a bigger share of Bosnia's population, the Bosniak middle class were still hardcore Muslim. Interestingly in Bosnia, around the 18th century, Islam was more the religion of the richer and Christianity the religion of the poorers.

What you said would have made sense if the Islamization came from bottom social class toward up.

Last Online
    06-21-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    TITOV SDP! 15 kila speed-a & Bakir's sunglasses
    Hero
    Gavrilo Princip, Mehmed Mehmedbašić, Roza Papo
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 725

0 Not allowed!

What is up with this wave of self loathing Bosniaks? Guys if you want to be Christians just convert already, you can call yourself Ivan or Jovan all you want.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Learning_Genetics View Post
    What was the reason Bosnians became Muslims?

I heard that before they converted to Islam they were Bogomils.

What factors led to their conversion?
    Part of the reason for Islam's success was that they attracted Christians who were persecuted by the Byzantine Church.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Part of the reason for Islam's success was that they attracted Christians who were persecuted by the Byzantine Church.
    But Bogomils were prosecuted by the Catholic Church too, there were some Crusades called against them. Also there's Albanians, who before their conversion to Islam were Orthodox and were not persecuted by the Byzantine Church.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information