Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Bosniaks convert to Islam?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    I am sorry, I would really love that did not happen. I have a Great admiration for Roman Culture and history. My attempts to find Slavic = Roman connection are in that
    hope to find them maybe assimilated or something.

I've heard that Avars and Slavs killed 100.000 Romans in modern day Serbia in 580 A.D. I hope that's not true, future might shed some light on what actually happened, either
    confirm Slavic slaughter or the opposite.
    No, you have to say sorry because for a long time you have derailed every thread with your trolling posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    You are a slav.
    You are free to discuss about everything. But calling other people barbarians from one side and "forgetting" how were described your people when they arrived in Balkans, i think it's not correct. Do you have ever read "The Miracles of Saint Demetrius"? I don't have it now here with me but roughly i remember this:
    "My heart cry when i see Illyria burned and the cities destroyed and the people slaughtered". Accursed people, this is how your ancestors are called in another chronicle, John of Ephesus. The most slavic population from all South Slavs, undoubtedly are the Slovenians, because nobody from the natives in that region was saved from the attack of the slavs. All the cities were burned and all the population was slaughtered.
    Now, that you a slav call the most advanced part of Europe and the people who live there as barbarians, honestly is an offense for the intelligence of an average person. I will not start to explain to you what this "barbarians" really represents. I want to remember to you that the last example of barbarism in the middle of our continent, at the end of the of the XX century, was exactly given by this your accursed people, putting in the embarrassment all the rest of the people of this continent with your bloody genocide similar with the genocide of Hutu/Tusti in Africa. So cut this BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    We are yet to see if I am a slav or not, in just a few days.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    No, you have to say sorry because for a long time you have derailed every thread with your trolling posts.
    Well I could have scored 90% Italian/Greek but I did not which is why I said "We are yet to see if I am a slav or not"

Satisfied?

No more assumptions.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentis View Post
    The Romans in Serbia were linguistically Latinized locals, the Vlachs.
    Vlachs were a latinised population who lived outside of the cities. The inhabitants of the cities were Romans, a mix with Roman colonists(Italics and from other part of Empire) and locals of course and among them even Vlachs.

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

3 Not allowed!

It was painful to read the stupidities written by Muslim Serb Chetniks Bosniensis and Vuković. I just want to say that they would probably be shot if they said publicly what they write here in a Sarajevo street.

Anyway, Siyendi pretty much said it all.

Bosniaks were 90% Bogomil/Bosnian Church adherents until the last 2 Bosnian kings, who converted to Catholicism for political reasons and started persecuting and forcefully converting these 90% of people into Catholicism. Maybe they even had good intentions (they were doing this to gain help from Catholic Europe against Turks), but what they did was monstrous nonetheless and has no justification.

Basically, people had 3 options. Some converted to Catholicism and remained loyal to the King, some remained Bogomil and massively fled to the south, where the most powerful Bosniak nobleman Stjepan Vukčić Kosača (who was Bogomil) proclaimed independence and took the title of Herceg (thus, Herzegovina was born), while some Bogomils fled to Podrinje region (Ottoman/Bosnia borderlands) and converted to Islam.

During the conquest of Bosnia, the majority-Bogomil heartland of Central Bosnia offered virtually no resistance, and commanders of the Bosnian army were mostly handing over keys of the fortresses voluntarily (this was the case even in the capitol).

In the end, almost all Bogomils became Muslims (and we are their descendants). Catholics mostly fled to Croatia and Hungary (modern-day Catholics in Bosnia are 19th century immigrants and have nothing to do with them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-27-2018 @ 08:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    :)
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,008
    Given: 868

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    (modern-day Catholics in Bosnia are 19th century immigrants and have nothing to do with them).
    Right, 19th century Bosnia and Herzegovina was so economically attractive for such a huge amount of Catholics to decide to settle there. How yes no.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Countess View Post
    Right, 19th century Bosnia and Herzegovina was so economically attractive for such a huge amount of Catholics to decide to settle there. How yes no.
    It was active Austro-Hungarian policy after the occupation of Bosnia in 1878 to settle it with Catholic elements. It wasn't specifically aimed at Croats, other Catholic peoples, such as Czechs and Poles came here too.

It should be noted that these Czechs and Poles were mostly educated university professors and artists who came to urban areas such as Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Tuzla, etc, while Croats from Dalmatia and Lika mostly flooded rural parts of West Herzegovina and Central Bosnia where they worked in agriculture, mining, etc.

The best proof for their origin is that, even today, you can hear strong Dalmatian accents in some Catholics who live only 10 kilometres from Sarajevo and Zenica. For example, I've recently been to Vitez and the Catholics there spoke almost like in Split (the Bosniaks spoke normal Bosnian dialect).
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

0 Not allowed!

Months ago I started a thread about the Bosniak Lil flag and its French origins (Medieval French flag):

Now the puzzle is completed after I learnt the Bosnian royal class was Catholic and was established after the Hungarian crusade of 1230's against Bosnian Bogomil Heretics.
    Trvtko adopted a French flag as a result of Hungarian-Croat effect and to show he was from the same spiritual family as the French.
    Last edited by Böri; 09-17-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-27-2018 @ 08:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    :)
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,008
    Given: 868

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    It was active Austro-Hungarian policy after the occupation of Bosnia in 1878 to settle it with Catholic elements. It wasn't specifically aimed at Croats, other Catholic peoples, such as Czechs and Poles came here too.

It should be noted that these Czechs and Poles were mostly educated university professors and artists who came to urban areas such as Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Tuzla, etc, while Croats from Dalmatia and Lika mostly flooded rural parts of West Herzegovina and Central Bosnia where they worked in agriculture, mining, etc.

The best proof for their origin is that, even today, you can hear strong Dalmatian accents in some Catholics who live only 10 kilometres from Sarajevo and Zenica. For example, I've recently been to Vitez and the Catholics there spoke almost like in Split (the Bosniaks spoke normal Bosnian dialect).
    The population census from 1879 in Bosnia says that 209.391 or 18.08% of the people were Catholic. So the majority of those 209.391 people came in one year?
    The censuses before that also don't suggest that there were close to none Catholics in Bosnia before the Austro-Hungarian conquest of Bosnia, on the contrary, they were always very present, so why should I believe your imagination instead of written facts?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Countess View Post
    The population census from 1879 in Bosnia says that 209.391 or 18.08% of the people were Catholic. So the majority of those 209.391 people came in one year?
    The censuses before that also don't suggest that there were close to none Catholics in Bosnia before the Austro-Hungarian conquest of Bosnia, on the contrary, they were always very present, so why should I believe your imagination instead of written facts?
    Someone's percentage increases when somebody elses percentage decreases. In 1878 and 1879 between 100000 and 200000 Bosniaks emigrated to Turkey (almost the same number of Catholics present in Bosnia) which reduced Bosniak percentage and increased Catholic perecentage.

Also, why did you think that they settled only in Austrio-Hungarian time? Ottomans brought your kinsmen as sheepherders as well, mostly people from Dalmatian hinterland (Vlaji), in 18th and 19th century. You may be shocked to find out that the first church in Široki Brijeg was built less than 200 years ago.

They were never very present, prior to 19th century, Catholics never made up more than 10% of Bosnian population throughout 1000-year history. Your people were always a minority here.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siyendi View Post
    Months ago I started a thread about the Bosniak Lil flag and its French origins (Medieval French flag):

Now the puzzle is completed after I learnt the Bosnian royal class was Catholic and was established after the Hungarian crusade of 1230's against Bosnian Bogomil Heretics.
    Trvtko adopted a French flag as a result of Hungarian-Croat effect and to show he was from the same spiritual family as the French.
    Well, no.

As a said, Bosnian royalty was never Catholics prior to mid-15th century. Out of several dozen Bosnian bans and kings, only the last 2 were Catholics.

Lilies in Bosnia even predate the existence of the Bosnian state itself man. There are stone carvings of lilies made by local people in Illyrian and Roman times already, and many more were made in Dark Age centuries preceding the creation of independent Bosnia (10th and 11th century).

Your theory takes a top-to-bottom approach, but you forget the bottom-to-top approach; it could've been the ordinary peasant masses who influenced the royalty to take up these symbols (which is very likely), not the other way around.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information