Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanVlachSon View Post
    Can you still find some women with feredza in the rural areas?
    Well, these are not the same women anymore.

Basically, feredža got eradicated by the 70s, and in 1990 (arrival of democracy) there were almost 0% of women wearing it.

Those women who had feredža back then are mostly old or dead, it's the young women that never wore feredža before (since they were born 20-30 years ago) and that put it on know.

So, to answer your question, yes you can find them, but those are not the women from Communist era, but rather young post-war generations.

Still, I don't have to mention that they are an obvious minority, albeit a growing one.

Also, another fact is that young generations definitely prefer hijab (head and neck covered) over feredža (everything covered). If a new young woman gets covered, it's a much higher chance she will take the hijab.

So, to be precise, it's not really feredža revivalism as much as hijab revivalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    There is no such thing as a moderate Serb. Every Serb is a supporter of the Chetnik ideology to some degree. Some Serbs like Davai are openly chetniks, while others like rv12aval are cryptochetniks who hide behind Bratsvo I Jedinstvo and other such concepts. Yugoslav partisans believer in the chetnik ideology, but could not display it openly because otherwise they couldn't recruit naive Croats and Bosniaks, which were necessary for victory. We shouldn't make a difference between a Serb and a chetnik, the two are exactly the same thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2018 @ 10:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

If Serbians are so "bad" and "cruel" like you portray them how come Romanians and Hungarians never had any problems with them? Why it is only you and Albanians who were abused by them?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-29-2018 @ 05:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkanik
    Ethnicity
    Albanian - Dibran
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox - Spiritualistic Kind
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 298

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by octavyo View Post
    If Serbians are so "bad" and "cruel" like you portray them how come Romanians and Hungarians never had any problems with them? Why it is only you and Albanians who were abused by them?
    You know nothing.

Serbia is hated because of crimes they committed in the name of Serbian expansionism. In this expansion are included "Romanians" and Bulgarians in Eastern Serbia. Hungarians in Northern Serbia. Albanians in Southern Serbia. Bosniaks and Croatians in Serbia, Bosnia, and Croatia. Now you're asking why Albanians and Bosniaks hate them most? The reason is because brutality was worse because of "Islamic" beliefs. Even though everything they did was all for expansion to which everyone suffered equally.

I'm no Bosniak, but you did mention Albania.

Last Online
    06-21-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    TITOV SDP! 15 kila speed-a & Bakir's sunglasses
    Hero
    Gavrilo Princip, Mehmed Mehmedbašić, Roza Papo
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 725

1 Not allowed!

Open a History book, hell even go on Wikipedia. Serbia's goal in the 19th and 20th century was to make an empire on the Balkans, a country for Serbs, they would achieve that by exterminating everything that wasn't Serb. The ways used by Serbs were no different than the ones of Ustashe.

As you can see, they wanted to claim huge parts of Croatia, the totality of Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kosova. You say they didn't have a problem with Hungarians, yet they took Voivodina from Hungary and exterminated or expelled all the Non-Serbs from it.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2018 @ 10:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold-Shekel View Post
    Open a History book, hell even go on Wikipedia. Serbia's goal in the 19th and 20th century was to make an empire on the Balkans, a country for Serbs, they would achieve that by exterminating everything that wasn't Serb. The ways used by Serbs were no different than the ones of Ustashe.

As you can see, they wanted to claim huge parts of Croatia, the totality of Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kosova. You say they didn't have a problem with Hungarians, yet they took Voivodina from Hungary and exterminated or expelled all the Non-Serbs from it.
    Lol, excuse me?

They never exterminated nor expelled all the Non-Serbs from Voivodina. There are like 250.000 Hungarians over there and Hungarian is one of the official languages together with Serbian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian and Panonnian Rusyn. I even know personally Hungarians from there. And they didn't took Voivodina, that was a reward given to Serbs by the Antante after Austro-Hungary lost WW1. Same as we got Transylvania.

Here is your Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojvodina

Regarding Romanians and Vlachs from Serbia, as i said, Serbs never had any problem with them too. They always coexisted in harmony.

Last Online
    06-21-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    TITOV SDP! 15 kila speed-a & Bakir's sunglasses
    Hero
    Gavrilo Princip, Mehmed Mehmedbašić, Roza Papo
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 725

3 Not allowed!

Lol, excuse me?

They never exterminated nor expelled all the Non-Serbs from Voivodina. There are like 250.000 Hungarians over there and Hungarian is one of the official languages together with Serbian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian and Panonnian Rusyn. I even know personally Hungarians from there. And they didn't took Voivodina, that was a reward given to Serbs by the Antante after Austro-Hungary lost WW1. Same as we got Transylvania.

Here is your Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojvodina

Regarding Romanians and Vlachs from Serbia, as i said, Serbs never had any problem with them too. They always coexisted in harmony.
    I think I know more about this being an "ex Yugoslav" than you, what happened in Voivodina also happened to Italians in Istria. They were exterminated/expelled by Communist for being "Nazis", "Collaborationists", "enemies". You have to remember that Yugoslavia was, a "communist" and a Slavic nationalist state, plus Hungarians were considered as occupiers because of Austria-Hungary. Anyway, ask Hungarians about that and not Bosniaks.

Also, I was refering to "Why do only Bosniaks and Albanians have a problem with Serbs" which you chose to dishonestly discard to push your agenda. If you aren't actually interested to get an answer you can fuck off to the Romanian section of the forum.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-27-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Podrinje
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,176
    Given: 1,201

1 Not allowed!

Have you met Stears?

Last Online
    11-28-2023 @ 04:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA