Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 966
    Given: 452

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzikert View Post
    Sure, you better accept this fact: Bosniaks can easily get laid with Turks.
    You do realize you're only creating resentment against Turks with comments like these? Stop laying claim to us and what we're feeling and what we want.

Bosniaks want to marry with other Bosniaks. Marrying a Turk is considered a step down. For girls it's even potentially dangerous as they are seen as highly (too much so) patriarchal and potentially violent.

Turkish girls aren't even an option for Bosniak guys for several reasons:

1. The Turkish girls in Bosnia (students of the International University for example) are highly conservative and exclusive and do not mingle with Bosniak girls, let alone Bosniak guys.
    2. They aren't considered very attractive by Bosniak guys.

However, Bosnia is a free country and everybody is free to marry who they want. There is a Sandzak Bosniak woman, Emina Jahovic, who married a Turk, Mustafa Sandal, but he is hardly the stereotypical Turk one thinks of, and their marriage is most likely a coverup for his bisexualness.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

0 Not allowed!

Sure, you better accept this fact: Bosniaks can easily get laid with Turks.
    Better cut this nonsense discussion here. I was never so surprised by you.
    Last edited by Böri; 09-22-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnjakinja View Post
    You do realize you're only creating resentment against Turks with comments like these? Stop laying claim to us and what we're feeling and what we want.

Bosniaks want to marry with other Bosniaks. Marrying a Turk is considered a step down. For girls it's even potentially dangerous as they are seen as highly (too much so) patriarchal and potentially violent.

Turkish girls aren't even an option for Bosniak guys for several reasons:

1. The Turkish girls in Bosnia (students of the International University for example) are highly conservative and exclusive and do not mingle with Bosniak girls, let alone Bosniak guys.
    2. They aren't considered very attractive by Bosniak guys.

However, Bosnia is a free country and everybody is free to marry who they want. There is a Sandzak Bosniak woman, Emina Jahovic, who married a Turk, Mustafa Sandal, but he is hardly the stereotypical Turk one thinks of, and their marriage is most likely a coverup for his bisexualness.
    First of all, I couldn't care less if you beginning to feel "hate" against Turks. Second of all, I didn't claim that Bosniak people are dying to get married with Turks, I just said they can marry with Turks. It's not like marrying with a Croat, Serb or Arab. Thirdly, I have no idea about few Turkish students in Bosnia and it has nothing to do with my statement. It's same for Mustafa Sandal example. I was speaking in general.

Last Online
    04-08-2017 @ 10:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

First of all, I couldn't care less if you beginning to feel "hate" against Turks. Second of all, I didn't claim that Bosniak people are dying to get married with Turks, I just said they can marry with Turks. It's not like marrying with a Croat, Serb or Arab. Thirdly, I have no idea about few Turkish students in Bosnia and it has nothing to do with my statement. It's same for Mustaf Sandal example. I was speaking in general.
    Of course they can get married with Turks. They can get married with anyone, also Serbs or Croats should they chose to. What they will have to face in either case is the disapproval of their families (although we are not like some other people who kill our daughters if they marry someone outside of their ethnic or religious group)

Serbs being the most taboo nation for Bosniaks to marry has nothing to do with Turks. Also (say) Belgians are less of a taboo to marry than Serbs. There are historical reasons for this that have nothing to do with a Bosniak wish to marry with Turks. There are more Bosniaks, both men and women, married to Westerners than to Turks, yet this doesn't mean that we actively pursue them. It's a natural thing that will eventually happen if you live among a certain people. That's why Bosniaks in Turkey intermingle with the different ethnicities there that make up the Turkish nation, from Pomaks to Anatolians.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Do serbs and croats in bosnia get along with the bosniaks today? Do they intermarry with each other a lot?

Last Online
    04-08-2017 @ 10:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    Do serbs and croats in bosnia get along with the bosniaks today? Do they intermarry with each other a lot?
    There is little intermixing because the country today is comprised of three ethnically homogeneous parts.

However, intermarriage is not necessarily a sign of harmony.

In Yugoslavia the two cities with the most mixed marriages were Vukovar (in Croatia, where Serbs and Croats intermarried a lot) and Sarajevo (in Bosnia where Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats intermarried).

These two cities coincidentally became some of the most bloody battlefields.

On the other hand Albanians in Kosovo, who were always specific in that they had almost no intermarriage with Serbs, always had a more distant relationship with Serbs because of this and therefore had an emotional detachment from them.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Of course they can get married with Turks. They can get married with anyone, also Serbs or Croats should they chose to. What they will have to face in either case is the disapproval of their families (although we are not like some other people who kill our daughters if they marry someone outside of their ethnic or religious group)

Serbs being the most taboo nation for Bosniaks to marry has nothing to do with Turks. Also (say) Belgians are less of a taboo to marry than Serbs. There are historical reasons for this that have nothing to do with a Bosniak wish to marry with Turks. There are more Bosniaks, both men and women, married to Westerners than to Turks, yet this doesn't mean that we actively pursue them. It's a natural thing that will eventually happen if you live among a certain people. That's why Bosniaks in Turkey intermingle with the different ethnicities there that make up the Turkish nation, from Pomaks to Anatolians.
    You still don't understand me. Where did I say they "wish" it? I was reffering to Hrulj's endogamy bullshit. And no, I don't think most Bosniak family react badly (Like firing them from their house and etc) to their kids if they get married with a Turk. But I don't know about others. And Bosniaks in Turkey are a little community that far away from creating of "Turkish ethnicity". They still call themselves as Bosniak.

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,084
    Given: 223

0 Not allowed!

You still don't understand me. Where did I say they "wish" it? I was reffering to Hrulj's endogamy bullshit. And no, I don't think most Bosniak family react badly (Like firing them from their house and etc) to their kids if they get married with a Turk. But I don't know about others.
    And you dont understand us. Of course they can marry anyone, there is no law against it. But the ramifications they will have to face from their families are harsh and severe
    Hi everyone!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

There is little intermixing because the country today is comprised of three ethnically homogeneous parts.

However, intermarriage is not necessarily a sign of harmony.

In Yugoslavia the two cities with the most mixed marriages were Vukovar (in Croatia, where Serbs and Croats intermarried a lot) and Sarajevo (in Bosnia where Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats intermarried).

These two cities coincidentally became some of the most bloody battlefields.

On the other hand Albanians in Kosovo, who were always specific in that they had almost no intermarriage with Serbs, always had a more distant relationship with Serbs because of this and therefore had an emotional detachment from them.
    Which of the slavic christians are better to the bosniak people; croats or the serbs?

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,084
    Given: 223

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    Which of the slavic christians are better to the bosniak people; croats or the serbs?
    Better in what way?
    Hi everyone!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information