View Poll Results: Ban whaling for commercial purposes?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course

23 71.88%
  • No, allow it

6 18.75%
  • Unsure

3 9.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should commercial whaling be banned?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-17-2012 @ 01:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbo-Montenigger
    Ancestry
    Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Monkey
    Politics
    Against the modern world
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

As long as humans are looking upon life on the planet Earth as something which is there just for the sake of humans, while forgetting the importance of biodiversity of life as a whole, i don't see, i cannot see the bright future of human beings. Planet Earth is not here just because of us at this very moment, we are just borrowing it from our descendants, we are just travelers and the planet Earth is the mean of traveling. If we take everything now there won't be anything for others in the future. One thing is absence of some sort of life because of evolution, but totally another, disappearance of life because of our selfishness. So, my answer is yes, it should be banned.

And to answer to those who are wondering like Eldrich is: number of whales is decreasing. You need years for one whale to enter the age of reproducing and you have one, maybe two per generation, while rabbits or deers, or perches you have from 5 or 6 per generation to a few dozen of them. Big difference.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

I am mildly in favour of a limited hunt on certain non-endangered whale species - and I actually believe that quota's should remain enforced (and they are rarely met, at least by Norway, Iceland, Greenland and the Faeroe Islands that catch less then their quota) and that there should be an international conducted by these countries (joined by ex-whaling countries like the Netherlands and Britain) into the possibility of ranching such whales on a commercial basis - a bit how you would kill excess or weak animals in a natural reserve.

I think that for the Dutch economy a limited whale hunt and--- even better whale tours could be beneficial as the economy in the north (Friesland and Groningen) is struggling. And such small- scale endeavours should be embraced.
    Having said that: there should be a limited tax put on whale products as well as the rule that every part of a whale is to be used for something, and that tax has to be used (set by law) to further study in to the preservation of endangered maritime (thus includes whale) species.
    Last edited by The Lawspeaker; 09-21-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information