General Pinochet, General Torrijos, Donald Trump
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,266
    Given: 5,607

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    ^^ It wasn't really only about a regional bias. Each location tested represented 4% of the population and that is a lot for a place that had less than 10,000 like some of the small towns sampled.

In the Cibao, instead of sampling very small campos like Guanito, the resort-pueblo of Sosua and El Rubio, they should have focused in Santiago de los Caballeros since is a city of nearly 1 million people and second largest in the nation. Sosua is not even representative of the north coast, Puerto Plata is more being the main city along the Cibao coast.

In the same region, they should have tested La Vega or even Moca or Mao, but sampled Montecristi which is also an unimportant place. Just to recapitulate, the largest urban centers in Cibao are Santiago, San Francisco, La Vega, Puerto Plata, Moca, Bonao and Mao, in that order.

Janico and Costanza were okay in the sampling because the interior parts of the provinces Santiago, La Vega and even Espaillat (which wasn't sampled) are well-populated and they needed to be tested some way. Santiago outside thee urban part has half a million people alone and when you add up the other two provinces, the total surpasses the percentage of the population they both represented.

When it comes to the East region, they should have not tested Yuma nor La Caleta but Higüey which is the third largest city in the region after San Pedro and La Romana. La Caleta is not even the representative of the municipality of Boca Chica itself LMAO.

In the South they also tested Sabana de los Javieres and Sainagua and not Cristobal which is the main city in the region. Those two places are probably the blackest out of the whole country along with Villa Mella and La Caleta. Largest city in the Southwest is San Juan and they also tested a small campo as well.

All this is telling me that they were more interested in seeing the makeup for some of the most SSA and to a degree some of the least unexplored parts. Either that or they were trying to prove some political shit. "Dominicans are Black", Even Washington D.C. was sorta involved when that Haitian activist lady accused the DR of being self-hating NEGROS (she used to say in speechs that 85% of the Dominicans were black comparing us with Haiti and all, HA!). Hillary Clinton was backing her up in this btw. This is the reason why I didn't vote for her. I never expected to do us like that.
    Incluso sus negros son diferentes a los haitianos, lo mejor para nuestros países es que Trump se reeliga y Clinton termine en la cárcel
    A favor de la Unión del Caribe Hispano: Cuba, República Dominicana, Puerto Rico y Panamá

Mi mapa de Ancestros hace 4500 años atras

Como buen panameño tengo: genetica española, aborigen guanche, judia sefardita, amerindia y negra lo unico exotico
    es el asiatico oriental debido a un bisabuelo chino

Daven

0 Not allowed!

The study was still good and had positive things. The samples for the Great Santo Domingo were great and the closest to being the most representative. They even tested the middle class when using UNIBE which really surprised me (the sampling from that private university represented 16% of the ones for the city alone and 4% of the whole study btw.).

I really wanted to see what the East and the Southwest overall scored like I've been saying and we saw that. Either way the country still came out in the balanced range anyways because 49% African includes some North African meaning that when you add up the MENA the caucasoid should be around 43%-44% and the SSA like 45%. There was also some unassigned I believe. Quite interesting.

Daven

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by axel.aleman View Post
    Incluso sus negros son diferentes a los haitianos, lo mejor para nuestros países es que Trump se reeliga y Clinton termine en la cárcel
    Oh yeah. Our negros are better-looking haha

Okay, I am just kidding. Haitians have higher Benin/Togo, higher Congo and less Mali/Senegal than us. I think they are more diverse than what people credit for though.

It's also quite interesting that on 23andme and AncestryDNA we dont' come out related to them. Even from people that are from bordering provinces like Montecristi or Dajabon. I still haven't seen the first Dominican related to a Haitian matter of fact. It's usually Cubans, Puerto Ricans and other Latinos. They is probably a few out there anyways. Some of their maroons ran to the DR in colonial times as well as a significant amount of their French and mulattoes after the revolution.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

@Axel Did you see this study about Panama?

Genetic Ancestry of the Panamanian Population: Polymorphic Structure, Chibchan Amerindian Genes; and Biological Perspectives on Diseases

" Modern Panamanians are a trihybrid group withcontributions from African (24%), European (25%), andNgöbe/Chibchan Amerindians (51%).

Chibchan genes aredistributed throughout the country, showing relatively highlevels of contribution within all provinces but are mostly concentrated in Coclé (70%), Chiriquí (64%), Veraguas(50%), and Panama (50%), but in lesser amounts in Los Santos (33%) and Colón (34%).

Colon province showed thehighest proportion of African genes (47%), followed by Panama province (27%) and Los Santos (25%). The lowestamount of African genes was found in Coclé (10.2%) and Chiriquí (14.8%)"

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Panamanian
    Ethnicity
    Mulato Colonial
    Ancestry
    Canarian Islanders, West African, Panamanian Natives
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    mtDNA
    A2
    Taxonomy
    Pardo: Atlanto Med + minor Berid + Sudanid + residual Centralid
    Politics
    Right wing populism
    Hero
    General Pinochet, General Torrijos, Donald Trump
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,266
    Given: 5,607

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    @Axel Did you see this study about Panama?

Genetic Ancestry of the Panamanian Population: Polymorphic Structure, Chibchan Amerindian Genes; and Biological Perspectives on Diseases

" Modern Panamanians are a trihybrid group withcontributions from African (24%), European (25%), andNgöbe/Chibchan Amerindians (51%).

Chibchan genes aredistributed throughout the country, showing relatively highlevels of contribution within all provinces but are mostly concentrated in Coclé (70%), Chiriquí (64%), Veraguas(50%), and Panama (50%), but in lesser amounts in Los Santos (33%) and Colón (34%).

Colon province showed thehighest proportion of African genes (47%), followed by Panama province (27%) and Los Santos (25%). The lowestamount of African genes was found in Coclé (10.2%) and Chiriquí (14.8%)"
    Un poco mejor que el otro más viejo pero me parece que tira muy por arriba el SSA en Chiriquí y muy por abajo en Colón
    Aunque el fenotipo no es exacto siempre es exacto es una guía. En Chiriquí 5% de SSA sería la norma y en colon al menos 60% de SSA
    A favor de la Unión del Caribe Hispano: Cuba, República Dominicana, Puerto Rico y Panamá

Mi mapa de Ancestros hace 4500 años atras

Como buen panameño tengo: genetica española, aborigen guanche, judia sefardita, amerindia y negra lo unico exotico
    es el asiatico oriental debido a un bisabuelo chino

Daven

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by axel.aleman View Post
    Un poco mejor que el otro más viejo pero me parece que tira muy por arriba el SSA en Chiriquí y muy por abajo en Colón
    Aunque el fenotipo no es exacto siempre es exacto es una guía. En Chiriquí 5% de SSA sería la norma y en colon al menos 60% de SSA
    Aveces eso pasa y creo que es por pura casualidad. En el estudio ese de RD, Bani salio mas africano de lo que yo pienso que debe ser y seguro fue porque entre las 40 personas escogidas para samplearse habian muchos morenos y no tantos mulatos ni blancos. No se trata de bias por lo que hicieron el estudio ni nada, simplememte que se dio asi.

La ciudad de Compostela de Azua en el mismo Sur debio haber salido menos euro que Bani de hecho y salio por encima.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 04:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ancestry
    Southern Europe, Middle Eastern and Indigenous of Ecuador
    Country
    Ecuador
    Taxonomy
    Berid + Atlanto-Med minor Andid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,574
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JanJosimar86 View Post
    Estos resultados son en base a 23&me o estudios geneticos nacionales?

Ecuador me parece que esta mal, pues seria 59.6% Amerindia/ 28.8% Caucásica/11.6% subsahariana

https://www.primicias.ec/noticias/te...erindia-madre/
    Double Post

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheWolf97; 09-27-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 04:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ancestry
    Southern Europe, Middle Eastern and Indigenous of Ecuador
    Country
    Ecuador
    Taxonomy
    Berid + Atlanto-Med minor Andid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,574
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JanJosimar86 View Post
    Estos resultados son en base a 23&me o estudios geneticos nacionales?

Ecuador me parece que esta mal, pues seria 59.6% Amerindia/ 28.8% Caucásica/11.6% subsahariana

https://www.primicias.ec/noticias/te...erindia-madre/
    Ecuador:
    Genes caucásicos: 43% Genes amerindios: 40% Genes africanos: 10% Otros: 7%

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    10-03-2021 @ 02:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    San Marino
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 367

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    https://www.wjgnet.com/1948-9358/full/v10/i11/534.htm

Type 1 diabetes loci display a variety of native American and African ancestries in diseased individuals from Northwest Colombia

METHODS
    Seventy-four ancestry informative markers (AIMs), which tagged 41 T1D candidate loci/genes, were tested by studying a cohort of 200 Northwest Colombia diseased individuals. T1D status was classified by testing for glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD-65 kDa) and protein tyrosine-like antigen-2 auto-antibodies in serum samples. Candidate loci/genes included HLA, INS, PTPN22, CTLA4, IL2RA, SUMO4, CLEC16A, IFIH1, EFR3B, IL7R, NRP1 and RNASEH1, amongst others. The 1,000 genome database was used to analyze data from 94 individuals corresponding to the reference CLM. As the data did not comply with a normal distribution, medians were compared between groups using the Mann-Whitney U-test.

RESULTS
    Both T1D patients and individuals from CLM displayed mainly European ancestry (61.58 vs 62.06) followed by Native American (27.34 vs 27.46) and to a lesser extent the AFR ancestry (10.28 vs 10.65) components. However, compared to CLM, ancestry of T1D patients displayed a decrease of NAT ancestry at gene EFR3B (24.30 vs 37.10) and an increase at genes IFIH1 (32.07 vs 14.99) and IL7R (52.18 vs 39.18). Also, for gene NRP1 (36.67 vs 0.003), we observed a non-AFR contribution (attributed to NAT). Autoimmune patients (positive for any of two auto-antibodies) displayed lower NAT ancestry than idiopathic patients at the MHC region (20.36 vs 31.88). Also, late onset patients presented with greater AFR ancestry than early onset patients at gene IL7R (19.96 vs 6.17). An association analysis showed that, even after adjusting for admixture, an association exists for at least seven such AIMs, with the strongest findings on chromosomes 5 and 10 (gene IL7R, P = 5.56 × 10-6 and gene NRP1, P = 8.70 × 10-19, respectively).

T1D versus CLM, our reference population
    One out of 75 AIMs did fail the PCR optimization. Therefore, we tested a total of 74 AIMs in 200 T1D patients from Antioquia, Colombia. AIMs characteristics are shown in Supplementary Table S1 . Overall, the rate of genotyping was > 96% for every AIM, and there was no deviation from the HWE, after Bonferroni correction for multiple testing (P = 6.75 × 10-4). Also, as expected, none of the AIMs was in linkage disequilibrium with each other (data not shown).

The overall ancestral genetic makeup of the 200 T1D children showed a predominant proportion of European ancestry (EUR, Median = 61.58) followed by NAT ancestry (Median = 27.34), and AFR ancestry was found at a lower proportion (Median = 10.28, Table 1 and Figure 1). Figure 1 presents the ancestry distribution for the 200 T1D children studied here. It can be noticed that the European component is the prominent one. European ancestry ranged from 22% to 93%; the NAT ancestry ranged from 0 to 65%, and the AFR ancestry ranged from 0 to 40%.

Buen post

Me estoy dando un repasito por todas las paginas del hilo, viendo todo lo que compartiste sobre varios paises y esta muy interesante

Page 159 of 163 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163 LastLast

Thread Information