Taxonomy
    North Pontid-Iranid-Faelid
    Politics
    Pragmathic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,154
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

Possibly they are "uralized" iranics like scythian or sarmatian.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SCARtem View Post
    Today I learned about such an Erzya musical collective Torama, I really liked their music, especially how they manage to combine national Erzya music with rock music so harmoniously.
    Torama? What does the name mean - The Land of the Goddess Tara?

Interesting soundscape & I can somewhat relate to the masks – although “Russian women wearing makeup and high heels even when taking the rubbish out - as if on a catwalk”, came to mind.

Last edited by Aila; 07-24-2023 at 02:51 AM.

Last Online
    08-28-2023 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,160

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post

Interesting soundscape & I can somewhat relate to the masks – although “Russian women wearing makeup and high heels even when taking the rubbish out - as if on a catwalk”, came to mind.

Mordvins are the closest people to the Russians. It's strange, but it's a fact. They are closer to Russians than Ukrainians and Belarusians.
    Усе буде добре!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ugochaves View Post
    Mordvins are the closest people to the Russians. It's strange, but it's a fact. They are closer to Russians than Ukrainians and Belarusians.
    Figures ...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Figures ...
    ???

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 12:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Chad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 445

1 Not allowed!

I do not know the meaning of this word, but there is such a national Erzya and Moksha musical instrument.
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A2...5%D0%BD%D1%82)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I do not know the meaning of this word, but there is such a national Erzya and Moksha musical instrument.
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A2...5%D0%BD%D1%82)
    Thanks for that!
    I really did not know & thought Toora or Taara (Goddess) and Maa (Land) could be shortened as "Torama".

ugochaves
    Figures = doesn’t surprise … and becoming more Russian by the minute …

I like the traditional footwear women are wearing here:

But when cultures become ‘Russified’, it seems they become superficial – empty – hollow representations of the original or like posers on a ‘catwalk of a fashion show’ with their heavy makeup and high heels.

This saddens me.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,238
    Given: 7,503

2 Not allowed!

But when cultures become ‘Russified’, it seems they become superficial
    Most of Mordvins out of the villages naturally become Russians in 1 gen. Also their women have tendency to prefer urban Russians as husbands than rural Mordvins even inside Mordovia. That's how it goes in conditions of natural competition of cultures. Nobody "represses" them, they have their language all over the place available, Communists did a big job for their preservation. I'm sure without USSR and those ethnic republics most of minorities will be non violently culturally assimilated long long ago.

I dunno why it saddens you, such processes last from the beginning of the humankind all over the World, an endless competition and it's good when it has nothing to do with violence.

Probably if Mordvin region was part of Finland, it would naturally have universal Finnish consciousness since 19 century or so. That's like being sad that there's Romanian nation, but not nations of some Munteans, Wallachs, Moldovans (part of it still exists again because of communists tho).
    Last edited by Victor; 07-25-2023 at 08:54 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 12:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Chad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 445

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    Most of Mordvins out of the villages naturally become Russians in 1 gen. Also their women have tendency to prefer urban Russians as husbands than rural Mordvins even inside Mordovia. That's how it goes in conditions of natural competition of cultures. Nobody "represses" them, they have their language all over the place available, Communists did a big job for their preservation. I'm sure without USSR and those ethnic republics most of minorities will be non violently culturally assimilated long long ago.

I dunno why it saddens you, such processes last from the beginning of the humankind all over the World, an endless competition and it's good when it has nothing to do with violence.

Probably if Mordvin region was part of Finland, it would naturally have universal Finnish consciousness since 19 century or so. That's like being sad that there's Romanian nation, but not nations of some Munteans, Wallachs, Moldovans (part of it still exists again because of communists tho).
    When Russian people assimilate Mordovian people, there seems to be nothing wrong with that. But on the other hand, it may have negative consequences in the future. This is something like a time bomb that will go off in decades. I will explain to you why.
    In the big cities of Russia, I saw quite a few people of mixed origin, who, in addition to Russian ethnic roots, also had other ethnic roots (peoples of the white race) in their pedigree. Outwardly, most of them are no different from Russians. But when I started to get to know these people and how they identify themselves, I saw that they were not tied to any of their roots.
    They do not want to learn and preserve the culture of their ancestors. They can only talk about some of their ethnic roots just for the sake of attracting attention and gaining popularity on Tik-Tok or Instagram.
    For them, material values and getting pleasure in the first place. Moral values are alien to them. And the worst thing is that they easily succumb to the manipulations of liberal propaganda and are ready to mix with other nations that are not at all close to them. I see in all this some one big project to gradually erase the identity of nations. Such peoples who do not know their culture, do not know their roots, have no future.
    I saw one young girl from Internet chat rooms where they talk about phenotypes and a lot of things. She is Russian, but she has 1/8 Jewish ancestry. Outwardly, it looks like a Russian or Eastern European of the North Pontic type with the influence of the East Baltic. But this girl has garbage in her mind. Despite the fact that she is 9/8 Russian, she somehow likes to forget about it and constantly hints about her Jewish roots, like it's much cooler than being Russian. She likes to provoke people into negative emotions. Her speech is corrupted by obscene language, she can communicate in a rude way with people in a chat and thinks that she fulfills herself in society in this way if she offends and humiliates someone.
    She also has a dislike for people of the East Baltic and Ural phenotype, and she has participated in ridiculing and bullying such people. And she also sympathizes with ISIS and the Taliban, uploads photos with them on her pages, trying to provoke. At the same time, she was captured on video and photos, where she and her friends showed a NAZI gesture of greeting with her right hand and shouted Sieg Heil.
    Last edited by SCARtem; 07-31-2023 at 12:18 PM. Reason: .

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

When Russian people assimilate Mordovian people, there seems to be nothing wrong with that. But on the other hand, it may have negative consequences in the future. This is something like a time bomb that will go off in decades. I will explain to you why.
    In the big cities of Russia, I saw quite a few people of mixed origin, who, in addition to Russian ethnic roots, also had other ethnic roots (peoples of the white race) in their pedigree. Outwardly, most of them are no different from Russians. But when I started to get to know these people and how they identify themselves, I saw that they were not tied to any of their roots.
    They do not want to learn and preserve the culture of their ancestors. They can only talk about some of their ethnic roots just for the sake of attracting attention and gaining popularity on Tik-Tok or Instagram.
    For them, material values and getting pleasure in the first place. Moral values are alien to them. And the worst thing is that they easily succumb to the manipulations of liberal propaganda and are ready to mix with other nations that are not at all close to them. I see in all this some one big project to gradually erase the identity of nations. Such peoples who do not know their culture, do not know their roots, have no future.
    I saw one young girl from Internet chat rooms where they talk about phenotypes and a lot of things. She is Russian, but she has 1/8 Jewish ancestry. Outwardly, it looks like a Russian or Eastern European of the North Pontic type with the influence of the East Baltic. But this girl has garbage in her mind. Despite the fact that she is 9/8 Russian, she somehow likes to forget about it and constantly hints about her Jewish roots, like it's much cooler than being Russian. She likes to provoke people into negative emotions. Her speech is corrupted by obscene language, she can communicate in a rude way with people in a chat and thinks that she fulfills herself in society in this way if she offends and humiliates someone.
    She also has a dislike for people of the East Baltic and Ural phenotype, and she has participated in ridiculing and bullying such people. And she also sympathizes with ISIS and the Taliban, uploads photos with them on her pages, trying to provoke. At the same time, she was captured on video and photos, where she and her friends showed a NAZI gesture of greeting with her right hand and shouted Sieg Heil.
    There is a similar Russian on this forum. He is no Full - blooded , his DNA looks half Ashkenazi. He wants Russia to be defeated and hates Russians. I forgot his nickname. I agree with you. Russians should not mix with anyone except Ukrainians and Belarusians.
    Усе буде добре!

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread Information