Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in the USA would you prefer most to live?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-26-2016 @ 04:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Multi
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a8a><> the best
    mtDNA
    X2b<><>
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 287

1 Not allowed!

If money and resources weren't an issue and I was able to move anywhere in the United States then I would move to Northern California,Southern California,Washington State,North Carolina,Oregon,Idaho or Colorado. I've always been interested in moving to different countries to but I doubt I could. The only way you can move to a different country is to be a multi millionaire and buy your way in,have a job that's in short supply in that country,get a marriage visa or overstay your tourist visa become an illegal immigrant. If you become an illegal immigrant then there's basically no way you can survive unless you can find someone who won't rat you out and will let you live with them.

If you can't find someone to move in with then what happens when you run out of money? If you're not a citizen then can't you buy or rent a house,apartment or work. You could always work under the table jobs but how long is that going to last you? Sooner or later you will resort to sleeping in the park and eating food scraps out of the trashcan.

If you got caught then you would possibly be jailed,fined or barred from going to that country for years or the rest of your life. That's not worth it to me. I think i'll just stick to the states in my country. If by some miracle I was able to move to a different country then I would go to New Zealand,Australia,England,Germany,France,Netherlan ds or Eastern Norway.

Last Online
    09-17-2023 @ 02:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 911
    Given: 1,954

1 Not allowed!

1. Vermont because its inhabitants are of European descent;
    2. Northern California because of climate.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-19-2015 @ 03:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 28

3 Not allowed!

New York City

Last Online
    11-05-2016 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic And Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Western Europe, Ancient America, Northern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Kelto-Saxon
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Mother Theresa
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,327
    Given: 3,452

2 Not allowed!

I'm enchanted by Arizona and New Mexico, although both states are too hot. It's a dry heat but it's still heat. I'd love to live in a location with good weather. It's not too cold, hot, wet or dry. There are few storms. Natural disasters are extremely rare.

I wouldn't want to live in a place that's too "blue" or too "red". Shades of "purple" are preferable. Good schools and few crimes are definite deal-makers when it comes to selecting neighborhoods in which to live. I also place a high priority on close stores and restaurants.

Cities, like Cincinnati, Louisville, Jefferson and Knoxville, come to mind. There are many great American cities but a lot of them are outside of the cool/warm zone that I cherish. Not surprisingly, Autumn is my favorite season.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-26-2016 @ 04:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Multi
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a8a><> the best
    mtDNA
    X2b<><>
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 287

2 Not allowed!

Non-Americans always want to move New York City or California. I don't blame them. They're the most popular,exciting,hip happin places in this country. I would want to New York to if it wasn't so big,crowded,expensive and cold in the winter months. The size of NYC intimidates me a little. I wouldn't want to move to a city that has millions of people living in it. I would visit those cities though. I like medium sized cites with a population of 80,000-500-000. NYC is so damn expensive. I bet a gallon of milk is like twelve dollars and a candy bar is six dollars over there. Too much traffic. I'm sure its a pain just to drive down the street. I don't like cold weather but I don't like hot weather either. I don't mind heat as much if its dry heat. I'm a fan of mild climates. That's why most of the states I want to move to are in the Western United States and West coast.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

9 Not allowed!

Alaska.
    And it's about to happen in the next several weeks......finally!

I won't be around as much for a while as we will be in a giant state of flux during the move. I've never made a move this big before.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,167
    Given: 58,939

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannon View Post
    Alaska.
    And it's about to happen in the next several weeks......finally!
    congrats
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,474
    Given: 5,730

2 Not allowed!

From what i ve seen so far, and heard, it would be in the North-East states.

Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,371
    Given: 2,411

1 Not allowed!

Seattle,San Francisco,Portland(OR),Olympia,Palo Alto,San José...NorthWest USA in general,very appealing place.
    Last edited by SupaThug; 06-08-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

4 Not allowed!

Seattle in Washington State. (It would be easy to visit Vancouver from there too.)

Vermont in New England for all its forests and natural scenic beauty along with its quiet and peaceful neighbourhoods due to the low density population in that NE state, plus its population consists of 95% European descent people who of mostly French, English, Irish or German descent, and so I'd feel less of a foreigner.

New York City - only if I could get to live in the NYC Borough of Manhattan!! (I'd love to live in that stunning Dakota building where John Lennon last lived, but few people can ever live in that building (even if they're a millionaire) due to the strict criteria required to rent an apartment there.) Oh well, I'd settle for a nice Queen Anne house instead then if money wasn't an issue. Actually it's a lot cheaper to live in NYC than in London, UK. I'd like to see the NY Metropolitan Museum of Art, (I'd also love to see the late British fashion designer Alexander McQueen's hologram of the iconic English supermodel Kate Moss inside that museum, along with some of the national British art pieces that were sold to US art galleries.)

Beverley Hills in Cali looks lovely with the houses in the hills, the sea views and the breeze, but damn, that level of sunlight would be far too intense for me to cope with, (even with sunblocks and parasols and shades.) The other problem with Cali and cities like LA is the level of pollution in the air and the San Andreas faultline threatening another major earthquake there, and highly venomous black widow spiders crawling around peoples homes puts me on-edge at the thought of it.

I'd like to visit the historic British Queen Mary ship, which was sold to the US and it's now part of the historic American hotels on Long Beach, California. The Queen Mary ship in California serves as a tourist attraction featuring restaurants, a museum, and a hotel.

I'd like to visit the Cinderella Castle within the Disneyworld resort in Bay Lake near Orlando, FL, (during a season when the climate is much cooler,) which is reminiscent of the architectural style of the beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle (a nineteenth-century Romanesque Revival palace on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria, Germany.)

I've heard that Hoosiers are friendly people up in Indiana in the mid-west.

I'd have to be somewhere where there's no dangerous hot sun (that fireball is hell to me,) and so to live in extremely hot areas like Florida and Texas would be a definite no-no for me as I'm pale with delicate and sensitive skin to the sun which makes me heliophobic as I don't desire skin cancer and wrinkles, and also somewhere where there's moisture in the air so that the skin and hair doesn't dry out.

I love the nostalgic Autumn season, cherry blossom trees during the Spring season, and cosy cottages with romantic log-fireplaces during the Winter season, and I love rain. I like comfortable and mild temperatures, and nowhere with extremes of temperature... somewhere that's neither icy cold or scorching hot.

I'd ideally like an area with very little crime, close boutiques and stores, pleasant neighbourhoods with Queen Anne houses, low pollution and clean air, no earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, or deadly spiders crawling around. (I'm not arachnophobic in relation to small spiders, (large spiders creep me out though,) and I consider small spiders as elegant species and good hunters, but I just don't feel comfortable about the thought of highly venomous spiders crawling around the home.)

I'd like to be near the cooler Canadian border, (I'd love to take a long vacation ride on one of those luxurious Canadian trains that travel through the mountains from the west to the east coast whilst absorbing the beautiful natural scenery and the lakes en route,) so I'd probably settle in one of the New England states, such as Maine or Vermont which both have lots of beautiful natural scenery and countryside. I imagine these areas would have unobstructed views of the nightsky and clear views of the moon and stars there. Also, I'd love to see Niagara Falls between New York State and Ontario in Canada, (I'd like to see the falls during the day and also at night when it's lit up,) and travel on a Maid of the Mist boat past the falls and feel the mists of water there on my skin.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-08-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information