Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexander the great with plis hat?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

1 Not allowed!

Default Alexander the great with plis hat?

I've seen the same hat Albanians carry, in many ancient greeks and Illyrians. Do Greeks still carry this hat today too? But this one in the picture of Alexander it looks 100% like the hat Albanian Gegs carry.. the tosks carry a different shaped one.

---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qeleshe

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 09:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    U4d2, U5a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,486
    Given: 3,662

0 Not allowed!

He would be slavovlach in greece too brachy

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Alexander is actually a national hero in Albania. Albanias currency was named after him, LEKA. His mother was from South Albania/North Greece. I suggest you tell that to the FYROMS, Nordicstst and afrocentricsts. But you tell me there are no connections? I think you people are more delusional than me to think there is no connection at all. Like we are two different worlds or some shit. How delusional can somebody be? We have lived next to eachother for thousands of years. And Even Illyrian and Thracian tribes invaded ancient greece. and a lot of Alexanders army featured Illyrian and Thracian tribes.

But these nordicists and afrocentricsts have closer connections? There have been some studies on the ancient macedonian language and many scholars had the opinion that they spoke a Illyrian or Thracian language mixed with greek but they became hellenized over time and their language was switched to Greek. Maybe the same thing can be said about Epirotans who underwent hellenization most likely. Kind of like the Arvanite who fought for the independence of Greece. Most of them were orthodox Albanians. If one minus the slavic settlements obviously todays greeks are the descendants of ancient macedonians. Meaning Greeks have Illyrian and Thracian ancestry too obviously. I'm positive FYROMS and Bulgarians have some thracian ancestry though. And this hat I have seen in a lot of ancient balkanite population shaped differently. the Phrygian one was red and looked like a sock on top... but the ancient greek one and Illyrian one looks like the one north Albanians carry. It would make much more sense if it was like the one shaped in the south since its borders is much closer but it's exactly 100% identical to the one Gegs carry and wiki says its origin is from Illyrians and ancient greeks. But it looks like Gegs kept the original shape.

Achilles with patroclus:

EDIT:
    You have to remember Alexander was Macedonian only through one side, his father. Not to mention our own national hero Gjergj Kastrioti Skenderbeu (Skanderbeg) spoke about him in a letter to some enemy and considered him a hero too. And also wore his goat helmet and mentioned his ancestors going in his army and conquering the world. of course Greeks thought this meant Kastrioti was Greek but that was not even what he said. He mentioned Epirotans, and is reffered to as Prince of Epirotans, king of Albania. and Albanians are mentioned at that time as Epirotans. If he was a Greek then the Arbereshe would be Greeks today. It's simple as that really. But the only thing I can see is that they are Albanians. And his relatives live there to this day and they go down by the surname Castriota.

Last edited by Shqipez; 06-15-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-12-2023 @ 12:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 231

0 Not allowed!

another proof he was albanian.

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by davai View Post
    yes, yes.. so was St.Sava

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...t=wearing+plis

you are becoming repetitive cripple.
    Lol. how does your post make any point for you or your arguement? You just showed me there have been slavicized Albanians throughout time like the boys in Sandzak who had Slavic names but wore Albanian costumes and plis hat? Saint Angjelina is known to of been Albanian. and she is praised by Serb orthodox christians... so why not Saint Sava? The influence was clearly higher than we think. As for Alexander I don't think he was Albanian Albanians as a group known today did not exist at that time. But were known by another name.

But why are Macedonians praised so much for what he did when he was Macedonian only through his father side, his mother an Epirotan? Clearly his military genius came from his Epirotan side because his cousin was also Pyrrhus of Epirus, another military genius who fought the Romans. Before Alexander, Ancient Macedonians were nothing. They were conquered by Illyrian tribes such as Dardani and Bardylis ruled Macedonia. Not to mention I remember reading half of his army was Illyrian and Thracian.

Banned
    Last Online
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

you are a cocktail bastardized race who is artificially settled on balkans by your Turkish forefathers to cause troubles.

like a wedge you come between Serbs and Greeks with intentions to split Christians.You are here only to serve neo-Ottoman interests, nothing more you filthy muslim.

you have nothing to do with illyrians, ancient world and even less so with Alexander you brown midgetoid gypsy.
    They wish they had anything to do with us. You mad, bro?

It's funny how Alexander conquered the world is only allowed to be praised by Greeks or else they accuse you of stealing history lmao. 5/4 of Alexanders army was Thracian. get with the program kid. Albanians Not Thracian not Illyrian..?.? Stick with reality kid. Not how you feel about a group of people. The cultural similarities with ancient populations is too similar to ignore.

How many Greeks were in his army? Most likely him being a national hero in Albania comes from Illyrian and Thracian soldiers in his army or his Epirotan mother. which also our national hero Kastrioti mentioned. who you think was first a Serb than a Greek? The biggest evidence of him having some serb connection is his mother which might not of even been a Serb in the first place but most likely some kind of slavicized Albos like Saint Angjelina and Saint Sava. and the Crnoejvic and Balsic tribes of Montenegro. as f
    or the greek side, it's just a misunderstanding from greeks and basic history kid.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-09-2022 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic, Iberian
    Ancestry
    Iberia, Hellas
    Country
    Uruguay
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,035
    Given: 1,241

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 12:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian/Epiriote
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Epirus
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-Alpinid
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 201
    Given: 248

0 Not allowed!

Greeks don't ude that hat, its only Albanians who do. I'm not claiming that Alex was Albanian lolz but the fact that Albanians know to survive without forgeting their culture is to admire.

Đurđe Kastriotić

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 12:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian/Epiriote
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Epirus
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-Alpinid
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 201
    Given: 248

0 Not allowed!

you are a cocktail bastardized race who is artificially settled on balkans by your Turkish forefathers to cause troubles.

like a wedge you come between Serbs and Greeks with intentions to split Christians.You are here only to serve neo-Ottoman interests, nothing more you filthy muslim.

you have nothing to do with illyrians, ancient world and even less so with Alexander you brown midgetoid gypsy.
    When you posted pictures of you were classified as a gypsy. Poor serb, i bet you were bullied at schooolz

Typical serv

Đurđe Kastriotić

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information