Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Did you end up marrying the race/hair color/height/age person you thought you would?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North Sea Germanic
    Ancestry
    Old Stockade American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I had a few to many relationships, one resulting in marriage and then in divorce, until I found a woman who would dedicate herself to me and expect the same in return.
    I found my true love match in 1/2 Greek, dark haired, olive complected, tall 5' 8", 7 years younger woman from Alaska!

i'ma educated foo w/money on my mind Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

I'm not married (yet), but I definitely didn't end up with the person I thought I would. Since I began liking boys, they were always Germanic, and more specifically, they were German. I had rarely been interested in a non-German male, let alone a wog . I'd never had anything against wogs, it just simply never occurred to me to be interested in someone who wasn't German(ic) and it seemed "natural" for me to seek someone similar to myself. I also swore since I was about 9 or 10 that I would never be interested in a guy with brown eyes (lol). Well, I met a persistent wog who wasn't intimidated by my sometimes bitchy and moody personality and maybe even liked my feistiness. He was able to really make me laugh and smile (which believe me, isn't easy) and maybe chipped away some of my Germanic ice queen tendencies .

Junior Member shortskirtlongjacket's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-16-2011 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish, English, German, Irish, Dutch, Scottish
    Ancestry
    England, Sweden, Ireland, Germany, Holland, Scotland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Politics
    all over the place
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

rolleyes

Funny thing. My first real boyfriend was Italian & Irish, and his name was Steve. Thirty years later, I'm in love with an Italian (although 100%) named Steve...

My first hub was of French/Germanic descent, tall, brown hair & eyes, met him in high school. Handsome and sweet, but not so quick or ambitious.

Second was a Celtic-type - dark curly hair, blue eyes, 12 years older than I. Lots of conflict, he wanted to control me, teased a lot, very competitive with me. General consensus is I threatened him intellectually and elsewise.

My current beau is mentioned above. His family is all Sicilian, and he is the sweetest man. Dark hair, medium height, light eyes, very hirsute, light skin. The most melodious, wonderful voice I ever heard in my life. Identical sense of humor to mine. Just the right amount of taller-than-me. We don't have marriage plans, since (a) we've both had failures in that area and (b) it isn't to our economic advantage, but...that isn't to say we are any less than devoted to one another for life. He accepts me with my weaknesses, and praises my feminine attributes so well that he makes me feel like an absolute beauty. To me, he is the sweetest, wisest, wittiest, sexiest. I was probably turned off from Italians after the first boyfriend (I was 13 and he went a bit too far...), but thank goodness I didn't completely rule them out!

Banned
    Last Online
    03-18-2012 @ 09:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish
    Ancestry
    Mom- Irish, German, Swedish....... Dad - Irish, German, Swiss
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    North American Domestic Redneck
    Politics
    Party of Peace Through Superior Firepower
    Religion
    High Priest of the Cult of the Wicked M-16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

I have always been a redhead magnet. Even as a young dude the red haired girls seemed to flock to me. I'm light skinned w/alot of freckles, dark curly hair (when I grow it out - I keep it under an inch long usually) and hazel eyes.

I never really thought about it. When I got older, mid 20s, I was not really aware of what I liked. I just dated and had fun. Well my first wife ended up being a red haired Danish girl who was here in the states as a proffesional nanny.

That didn't last. Well my second and current wife who I married at the age of 30, is a light skinned red head of scotts/irish descent. When I met her, I realised that I think I am preprogrammed to seek out the redheads. I, to this day get flirted with by redheads. I must put out the vibe or something that draws them in.

Oh well it works for me. I think I'll just go with it.

Last Online
    09-27-2011 @ 12:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western-European
    Ethnicity
    Italo-HibernoCelto-Goth
    Ancestry
    Iberia,Scotland,Italy,Saxony, with 200 years of recent inbreeding.
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

YES. Actually, she turned out to be better than my dreams.

Last Online
    09-29-2011 @ 04:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, French, English, Norwegian, Italian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, I'm not married but I am seriously involved with the person who I'm 99 percent sure I'll be marrying in a few years

Anyway, all my life (with a few exceptions) I usually was attracted to guys who looked somewhat similar to myself: dark brown haired, brown eyed and on the athletic side. However my boyfriend is taller than most, thinner, with dark blond hair and light blue eyes. The funny thing is he is pretty much of the same ethnic background as I: mostly British, Irish, and French.... yet he has a much different look about him.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

2 Not allowed!

Thereabouts...yes. My husband is taller even than I would have ideally hoped for...he is 6'6", light brown hair (now grey), blue-grey eyes. The funny thing...he doesn't fit my prototypical guy....my prototype is much more *obviously* Scandinavian-looking....but he can pass for Scando....given he is 25% Swede.

Plus, he is the youngest of anyone I ever entered into a relationship with....all others were at LEAST five years older than me....he is only 7 DAYS older!

All in all....a lucky find. My marriage will be the ONLY thing I have ever done right on the first try, lol...

Last Online
    10-23-2023 @ 08:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Rusyn
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b 2103 - father line
    mtDNA
    v7a
    Taxonomy
    Pred Westbaltid/Dinarid, Balto-Alpinoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,257
    Given: 2,362

0 Not allowed!

yes I did he is excatly the type I love the most
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Naw, just realistic about things. You don't cross an angry woman. Ever. Not even when she's on the cuddly days of her period. She is always right, you're a worthless worm. She is a goddess, you are nothing.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-29-2018 @ 06:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Region
    Finnmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,937
    Given: 2,460

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannon View Post
    Thereabouts...yes. My husband is taller even than I would have ideally hoped for...he is 6'6", light brown hair (now grey), blue-grey eyes. The funny thing...he doesn't fit my prototypical guy....my prototype is much more *obviously* Scandinavian-looking....but he can pass for Scando....given he is 25% Swede.

Plus, he is the youngest of anyone I ever entered into a relationship with....all others were at LEAST five years older than me....he is only 7 DAYS older!

All in all....a lucky find. My marriage will be the ONLY thing I have ever done right on the first try, lol...
    7 days, wow, sounds like it was meant to be My hub is 4 months to the day younger than me-- but I was born two months early and he was born two months late

Anyway yeah, I got married so young that I didn't really have a "type," but I used to think I liked the dark eyed guys early on. My hub has green eyes and dark blond hair, while I have darker brown hair and blue eyes. We have almost the exact same ethic heritage too.

Edited: after I posted this I realized no one is born two months late so I must be wrong. So I checked with him and he said he was only one month late. LOL You get the picture.
    Last edited by Larali; 08-03-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Larali View Post
    7 days, wow, sounds like it was meant to be My hub is 4 months to the day younger than me-- but I was born two months early and he was born two months late

Anyway yeah, I got married so young that I didn't really have a "type," but I used to think I liked the dark eyed guys early on. My hub has green eyes and dark blond hair, while I have darker brown hair and blue eyes. We have almost the exact same ethic heritage too.

Edited: after I posted this I realized no one is born two months late so I must be wrong. So I checked with him and he said he was only one month late. LOL You get the picture.
    Love your avi. Miss Layne Staley terribly.

I met my husband on Match believe it or not lol

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information