United States
    Taxonomy
    Gullah Independence
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 68

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
    i just don't trust the CIA World Factbook cause they never have accurate percentages for DR anyway or many other LA countries, and it's been the same numbers since 1960

but these studies put DR as i wrote it and as it appears in Travel guide books that you find about DR in libraries, internet, and estimates, and random DNA works

they put em at 70-78% Black/Griffe (which i agree), and or 85-92% Black/Mulatto together (rougly half/half each, 42.5% Black, 42.5% Mulatto, 45/45 or 46/46)
    I will agree world facts book, hardly changes its "facts". I was referring to genetic studies. Do you think this is an accurate study on the DR?

Abstract
    People in the Dominican Republic are considered to be genetically heterogeneous owing to the post-Colombian admixture of Native American, African, and European populations. To characterize their genetic background, nucleotide sequences of the D-loop region of human mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) were examined in 33 healthy women and 50 gender-matched patients with obese type 2 diabetes (OD) from the Dominican Republic. Phylogenetic analysis of 198 mtDNA lineages including Native Americans, Africans, and Europeans enabled us to assess relative genetic contributions of the three ancestral fractions to the two groups in the Dominican Republic. In the OD group, the majority (64.0%) of the mtDNA lineages were from African ancestry, whereas the Native American fraction was predominant (51.5%) in the healthy group, with both showing smallest amounts (14.0% and 9.1%, respectively) of European contribution. This difference in maternal genetic background between the two groups was similarly demonstrated by phylogenetic analysis at the population level based on net nucleotide diversities between populations. These findings may imply ethnic-specific predisposition to OD, a possible association of an unidentified factor from African ancestry with OD in the Dominican Republic population.
    http://www.nature.com/jhg/journal/v4...hg200481a.html

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guanimaa View Post
    I will agree world facts book, hardly changes its "facts". I was referring to genetic studies. Do you think this is an accurate study on the DR?
    yes, this is pretty accurate

the study imean

Last Online
    11-13-2016 @ 02:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    black Caribbean
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Gullah Independence
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Teams like this don't fully represent the country:

These do:

Last edited by Guanimaa; 09-24-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    black Caribbean
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Gullah Independence
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think this is a better representations than the soccer team on the second page:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    black Caribbean
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Gullah Independence
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Here are some Light guys that could be on Gica's thread, they represent like 10-5 percent

Tommy Bunz :

Rumah

Travis Bowe

An uplifting story here:

BAHAMIAN HOMELESS IMMIGRANT HEADS TO YALE ON LAVISH SCHOLARSHIP

For immigrants all over the United States, making the trip from their home country to a place where many aspects of the culture is foreign to them is a tough task. To start from square one in this country and become a success through hard work and perseverance is admirable and commendable. No one knows of these truths better that Wellington Mackey, who has gone from homelessness to Yale.

Mackey moved to the U.S. from the Bahamas when he was 23. He had trouble paying his rent, and in 2003, he was evicted from his apartment in the Bronx. Mackey found himself homeless in an unfamiliar place.

“It was scary because I didn’t really know the culture much,” Mackey told The Journal News. “It was a difficult time.”

He wandered about the winter streets of New York, sleeping on park benches and subway cars. But even while in a dire predicament, the man who used to excel in school on his native island until he had to drop out to support his family never lost his will to learn. While homeless, Mackey visited book stores and would read book after book.

Mackey met an elderly woman at his church who allowed him to stay in her home in exchange for his cleaning services. Then, the Westchester branch of Tri-State Installations, a company that builds out office spaces, offered him his first full-time job. Mackey is now the general manager of the company.

The Bahamian man pursued an associate’s degree at Westchester Community College and was encouraged by his economics professor, Farhad Ameen, to apply for Ivy League schools. Mackey’s decision to take the advice paid off.

Mackey graduated from WCC and in April, won the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, which awarded him $40,000 per year to pursue a four-year degree. The award is only given to 85 people annually around the country.
    http://blacklikemoi.com/2015/06/baha...h-scholarship/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information