Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Estonia man pleads guilty in NYC to cyberfraud charges related to millions of computers

Last Online
    03-26-2017 @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    !
    Ethnicity
    !
    Country
    Estonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Simargl View Post
    The man has a Russian name , which is not to say he does not have Estonian ancestors. Estonians have mixed with the Russians a lot. So can be partially Estonian, until it's proven otherwise.
    Most mixing with Russians started during the Soviet Union, not earlier that than. Of course it was possible but rare because I believe over 90% of the population was Estonian before that. This means that the mixing should have taken place within the last 2 generations or just 1 depending on his age, him having an entirely un-Estonian name (I believe the other dudes with him also had slavic names so he must run in slavic/russian circles which would be rare for someone Estonian) makes it pretty unlikely for him to have Estonian blood, even if he has it it no longer matters since he has been russified. We dont consider those Estonians.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2016 @ 03:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 734

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Talvi View Post
    Most mixing with Russians started during the Soviet Union, not earlier that than. Of course it was possible but rare because I believe over 90% of the population was Estonian before that. This means that the mixing should have taken place within the last 2 generations or just 1 depending on his age, him having an entirely un-Estonian name (I believe the other dudes with him also had slavic names so he must run in slavic/russian circles which would be rare for someone Estonian) makes it pretty unlikely for him to have Estonian blood, even if he has it it no longer matters since he has been russified. We dont consider those Estonians.
    I know personally a young Russian-Estonian family in their mid to late 20s, who emigrated from Estonia. Karl was also saying Estonians are cool at IT and hacking. There has to be something Estonian about the guy who pleaded guilty.
    Last edited by Rugevit; 08-07-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Last Online
    12-01-2018 @ 09:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    qwerty
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 32

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Caxtiltēcatl View Post
    I'm nevr even aware that there's even any Estonian stuff until I see your name in the "last post by" list in the front page

On the plus side,Estonians rarely get any hate or trolling. Can't wait to visit tho. Was hoping for this August but it's going to be impossible due to work. Perhaps September..is there any good weather left then?
    What's to hate or troll about Estonians? Great people and beautiful women.

Last Online
    03-26-2017 @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    !
    Ethnicity
    !
    Country
    Estonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Simargl View Post
    I know personally a young Russian-Estonian family in their mid to late 20s. Karl was also saying Estonians are cool at IT and hacking. There has to be something Estonian about the guy who pleaded guilty.
    Yes, mid to late 20s is pretty young, I bet when they have a child it wont have a 100% Russian name, either. It is rare for a mixed family to give the kids fully Russian names, especially if they will already have a Russian last name. Most mixed families will still lean heavily on just 1 side. The guy also seems to be married to a Russian named Valentina.. unless its his sister.

Here are his comrades - Timur Gerassimenko, Dmitri Jegorov and Konstantin Poltev. It is extremely rare for someone Estonian to hang around with other Russians and be the only Estonian. Just like in America you wont see a group of African-Americans with just 1 white person in there.

Here they are

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information