Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 27

1 Not allowed!

I realize that getting married young isn't quite popular anymore but I argue in favor of it if you're the type to take commitment seriously, to honor your spouse, live in positivity (instead of choosing to spend your time dwelling and nit-picking).

The trend is to wait, and while I understand why, I believe that it is short-sighted. I was married at 22. My husband was 24. We had our children right away. I chose to let go of any career aspirations for the time being and devote 100% of my time to living very simply/frugally/ and within our means so that I could care for our children while my husband did everything he could to allow us to make end's meet. It wasn't pretty, it was hard, there were times where I questioned myself. But I insisted on living within my values and being there for my children was and is important to me.

Fast forward and I'm 28. My children are still fairly young but they're not babies. My husband's career has grown extremely well from those years of hard-nosed dedication in an effort to better himself for his family. Money isn't tight anymore, the kids go to school, my husband and I have free time and can plan escapes together. At 28 and 30 we have our babies already, we have worked hard to gain a bright future and now it's time to pay into our selves. It's my turn now, I'm going back to school. We will be young enough to enjoy each other quite a bit once our kids have moved out as well. I do not mind this scenario at all. It's much better I think, than potentially becoming a grandparent for the first time in my 60's and not having any stamina to keep up with my grand-babies.

Junior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German Scottish Irish English Welsh French
    Ancestry
    European
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Delaware
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA
    U4b1b1
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Hero
    My Dad and my sons
    Religion
    Deist-Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 232

1 Not allowed!

I was 24 and my wife was 22 when we were married... My parents were 21 and 20 when they were married. Susy and I will have our 35th wedding anniversary this year and my parents will have their 60th anniversary. For both my parents and my Wife and me it was a great idea to be married young. So many people think that a perfect marriage just is and entails no work - no pain are deluded. A Good Marriage is work as much as grace... Soulmates are made, not born...

I am so glad that I was born when my Parents were in their early 20s. We grew up together, and we have been good friends for decades. My sons were born when I was 26 and 30... We are friends as well...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information