Page 717 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767817 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 11818

Thread: What's the weather today in your area?

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    The air conditioning has its pluses, but it also has disadvantages.
    We don't use normal air conditioning (you have whole machine inside blowing cold air) .... we use air pumps/air conditioners (which can also be used to blow hot/warm air at winter times). So main unit is outside and only blowing unit is inside of house:

I don't see any problems of using those. Yes, one can speculate about moisture (condensate water), but that's not true here. As if living here and building ''healthy'' houses which can handle both -30C temperatures as well as +30 and rainy autums .... air pump inside is like the smallest/minority issue/headache.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,184
    Given: 58,960

1 Not allowed!
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Auch....

I would like to ask one question from those European members who lives in Southern Europe (or that very hot area ... like Southern France .... +37C to +40C).

Lets speculate (doesn't matter do you personally believe global warming or not).... how much higher the temperature can/could still rise in future (at summer times) that you would still stay/live happily there? +42C, +45C, +47C, +50C? Or is there any limit?

If I have understand correctly (at least in some areas) ... hot temperature is not the only problem but also dryness (no rains like earlier)? Farming and France's wine industry faces new challengers because of that.

Here in the top of the Europe ... (today) we can not see (clearly) that our summer would have come any warmer than they were earlier (50 years ago), BUT we can very easily see that our winters are ''weaker'' than earlier (over all) .... and both spring seasons and autumn seasons have become longer.
    Yes, I've been recently wondering about this too. I wonder how they can continue to survive living there if scorching temperatures continue to rise in the future. Schools are currently closed in France due to the intense heat from the Sahara Desert.

People feel weary in the heat and it affects concentration and performance... although the English female football team ('the lionesses') are doing well in the Women's World Cup that's currently being held in France in extremely hot temperatures, as England beat Norway 3-0 yesterday in France and have secured a place in the world cup semi finals, despite the intense heatwave in France.

Congratulations to England's Lionesses!

Norway still deserves credit as their team have played very well in order to reach that far in the World Cup. The Swedish team have also played well in the intense heatwave in France. Northern European teams have played very well in such hellishly hot conditions.

Experts predict that these intense heatwaves will become more frequent and prolonged in the future, and temperatures are expected to rise.

15,000 people died one year in France during a heatwave... and when 50,000 people died in Japan last year in 2018 from heatstroke in the 50C temperatures there last year, it was officially declared as a natural disaster.

It's not just humans who are affected - by pets and wildlife suffers and struggles to survive in extreme temperatures, and the entire eco-system is affected too.

Vineyards in northern Europe may thrive in the future... insects from warmer climates can now live in northern climates too... but where will millions of southern Europeans move to live in the future?

I find it's much easier to find ways to warm-up the body in cold weather, than trying to cool down in hot weather.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-28-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 07:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Constantinople and Thessaloniki
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    J2
    Taxonomy
    DinaroMed
    Politics
    Monarchy
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,720
    Given: 1,142

1 Not allowed!

30°C-35°C it's pretty normal here. I guess we used to.

For us hot is 40°C plus.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    J2
    Taxonomy
    DinaroMed
    Politics
    Monarchy
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

09:45 EST 27°C.IN 1 hour the temperature rise 3 degrees

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Auch....

I would like to ask one question from those European members who lives in Southern Europe (or that very hot area ... like Southern France .... +37C to +40C).

Lets speculate (doesn't matter do you personally believe global warming or not).... how much higher the temperature can/could still rise in future (at summer times) that you would still stay/live happily there? +42C, +45C, +47C, +50C? Or is there any limit?

If I have understand correctly (at least in some areas) ... hot temperature is not the only problem but also dryness (no rains like earlier)? Farming and France's wine industry faces new challengers because of that.

Here in the top of the Europe ... (today) we can not see (clearly) that our summer would have come any warmer than they were earlier (50 years ago), BUT we can very easily see that our winters are ''weaker'' than earlier (over all) .... and both spring seasons and autumn seasons have become longer.
    In Serbia/Balkan it is noticeable trend that summer became warmer in last 20, 30 years and winters became weaker with less snow. That is what older people say, also statistic. Spring is almost lost, already in May high temperature begins, can hit 30C already.
    This year summer began with unusually lot of rain and colder time but it seems now we are going in warmest part of it.
    I don't think it would be good if temperature raises anymore, we already have those couple of weeks every summer when it becomes very hard to have usual activities normally like going outside, work outside during warmest part of day etc.
    I personally don't have problem with that if I have possibility and can plan and restrict my activities during that time (don't go outside between eg 10 am and 5 pm). If I can't then it is problem. But I don't like winter as well. Best part of this time of year are long days. I hate when it is already dark in 4 pm in December.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    In Serbia/Balkan it is noticeable trend that summer became warmer in last 20, 30 years and winters became weaker with less snow. That is what older people say, also statistic. Spring is almost lost, already in May high temperature begins, can hit 30C already.
    This year summer began with unusually lot of rain and colder time but it seems now we are going in warmest part of it.
    I don't think it would be good if temperature raises anymore, we already have those couple of weeks every summer when it becomes very hard to have usual activities normally like going outside, work outside during warmest part of day etc.
    I personally don't have problem with that if I have possibility and can plan and restrict my activities during that time (don't go outside between eg 10 am and 5 pm). If I can't then it is problem. But I don't like winter as well. Best part of this time of year are long days. I hate when it is already dark in 4 pm in December.
    Yes, temperatures are hihger in the last 30 years. Plus Belgrade is urbanized and it's warmer that surrounding places. I remember few years ago Belgrade had 14 tropical nights in summer and Surčin which is 20 km from Belgrade only 3.

Here are average temperatures in Belgrade for some periods in 19th century

Average temperatures in Belgrade 1951-2014

Average annual temperature on the first tabele from 19th century is 11.5c, and for period 1951-2014 is 12.3c. Difference of 0.8c is huge. Winters were significant colder in 19th century, but summers are similar.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 03:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Piemonte
    Y-DNA
    I-L801
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 950
    Given: 400

0 Not allowed!

9h30 and it's 33°C already - ridiculous..

Yesterday we had 39°C, 2 degrees hotter than highest temperature ever recorded.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

24c right now and sunny, humidity 65%.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    J2
    Taxonomy
    DinaroMed
    Politics
    Monarchy
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

34°C Sunny

Page 717 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767817 ... LastLast

Thread Information