I2a2a
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,075
    Given: 11,797

7 Not allowed!

Default Spicy food tolerance?

I just found out today I have almost zero tolerance for spicy food, just ate part of a pepper and feel like I need to puke now. What is your tolerance to spicy food?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

2 Not allowed!

Zero, like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Proud citizen of Hungaristan
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    Pro-Circumcision, Gorid Nationalism
    Hero
    Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

2 Not allowed!

i love to eat spicy food, i tolerate it well

interestingly, my parents don't really like it

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    North+Western European, some East Asian admixture
    Ancestry
    The Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Hungary, distant Norwegian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    North-Atlantid + Nordid
    Religion
    General Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 309

1 Not allowed!

Love spicy food. Whilst the bit of Jap I have in me didn't contribute to my features, I think it gave me some internal strengths. One of which is being able to detect faulty Chinese technical issues in various products and instantly improving them with some sort of hand built robot and superior nanotechnology, the other being able to tolerate spicy food. I believe there are quite a few spicy dishes that the Japanese like to make amongst all the fish and rice they eat, and the most popular brands of food tend to be the spicy variants. Also Hungarians have a fair amount of spicy dishes, including their various sausages and salami, and Paprika of course their famous invention. I love eating it all.

Usually my go to dish is some sort of spicy noodles. I forget the name of that one hot sauce, I think it's vietnamese, but I love eating food with it. Also spicy banana peppers and jalapenos on burgers are great as well.

If I eat too much, though, my intestinal system kind of disagrees with me, but I find I tolerate spicy foods quite well. Although I'm not too sure about some Indian foods- I don't know if its the version of spices, or maybe just the two restaurants I went to, but after each visit to both of them I evacuated my bowels almost right after.
    Ask Me, Hydromorphone, Anything!|Download Every European Phenotype! |Classify me! |Classify my friend!
    If you classify in my threads, feel free to send me a message and I'll classify you/reply to a thread/etc in return!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

2 Not allowed!

Spicy food is my absolute favorite. Food with absolutely no spice (unless it's sweet) just tastes plain to me.

My sister was at a Thai restaurant with her Korean friend and they both ordered spicy dishes and for my sister, because she's wyte, the waitress was trying to convince her not to have it with spice, yet she didn't question it for her Korean friend. Also reminds me of when I went to a Mongolian barbeque place and got a ton of hot sauce on my food and the guy at the grill told me it would be too hot for me and I said something like "Don't worry, I only eat really spicy food"

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a2a
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,075
    Given: 11,797

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromorphone View Post
    Love spicy food. Whilst the bit of Jap I have in me didn't contribute to my features, I think it gave me some internal strengths. One of which is being able to detect faulty Chinese technical issues in various products and instantly improving them with some sort of hand built robot and superior nanotechnology, the other being able to tolerate spicy food. I believe there are quite a few spicy dishes that the Japanese like to make amongst all the fish and rice they eat, and the most popular brands of food tend to be the spicy variants. Also Hungarians have a fair amount of spicy dishes, including their various sausages and salami, and Paprika of course their famous invention. I love eating it all.

Usually my go to dish is some sort of spicy noodles. I forget the name of that one hot sauce, I think it's vietnamese, but I love eating food with it. Also spicy banana peppers and jalapenos on burgers are great as well.

If I eat too much, though, my intestinal system kind of disagrees with me, but I find I tolerate spicy foods quite well. Although I'm not too sure about some Indian foods- I don't know if its the version of spices, or maybe just the two restaurants I went to, but after each visit to both of them I evacuated my bowels almost right after.
    Hahaha, you're very lucky. I swear all I had was a small ass part of a pepper in my sub and now my insides feel like they're about to explode!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-04-2023 @ 05:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 959
    Given: 1,498

2 Not allowed!

Can't do without it. I like both salty and spicy food.

Once I was making dinner for my buds, some pasta all'arrabiata, I was eating it no prob. when I raised my head up I realized they barely managed to go past the first bite, making jokes about how it was salty just 10% short of the lethal dose and just as spicy.

Sometimes I overdo it, too. On more than one occasion I found myself waking up during my afternoon nap (after a meal) with my heart in my throat and the most insane thirst ever.

卍Descendant of a Simurgh and Garuda卍 Shah-Jehan's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-22-2017 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    卍Indo-aryan/Indo-Iranian卍
    Ethnicity
    বাঙালি
    Ancestry
    Aryavarta + Eranshahr
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Aryan
    Politics
    বাংগালীয়ানা
    Hero
    Ishvar
    Religion
    ইসলাম
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,474
    Given: 11,852

3 Not allowed!

Most of my cuisine would be considered 'spicy' by White people, because the food isn't bland and uses several spices, but I still feel it isn't spicy enough. I love spicy food generally, as long as its not bad for your stomach. I laugh when at several fast food restaurants, there's mild and spicy versions of the same thing and the spicy one doesn't even taste spicy at all, wonder what the mild one tastes like
    The Indo-Aryan Languages--------Beautiful Bengal--------Kashmir: Paradise on Earth--------The Nord-Indid Phenotype--------Ethnic Groups of Southern Asia

卐Janani Janmabhumischa Swargadapi Gariyasi卐

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shah-Jehan View Post
    Most of my cuisine would be considered 'spicy' by White people, because the food isn't bland and uses several spices, but I still feel it isn't spicy enough. I love spicy food generally, as long as its not bad for your stomach. I laugh when at several fast food restaurants, there's mild and spicy versions of the same thing and the spicy one doesn't even taste spicy at all, wonder what the mild one tastes like
    This is why I can't stand European food, it's so plain and flavorless. Indian food is my favorite. I had the "hot chili" sauce at a McDonald's in Sweden and all it did was give it a slight Chinese-like flavor, was hardly spicy. Still tasted good, though.

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    North+Western European, some East Asian admixture
    Ancestry
    The Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Hungary, distant Norwegian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    North-Atlantid + Nordid
    Religion
    General Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 309

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Hahaha, you're very lucky. I swear all I had was a small ass part of a pepper in my sub and now my insides feel like they're about to explode!
    I think also a contributing factor is age and taste buds and other shit like that. I find the older people get the more they eat spicier and other types of food to taste it. Kind of like how a LOT of older Scottish/American/Etc gentleman are lovers of Islay Scotch, which is undeniably the strongest flavoured of all whiskies. The peat smoke gives it a taste akin to a campfire. I actually do like it as well, but some of the older stuff I've seen some people drink is insane, they pop the top off and instantly the room smells like someone lit a bonfire.

Also you can try to sort of naturalize yourself to it. I remember when I was a pre-teen, didn't eat much spicy food. One week I was home alone and only had packets of hot sauce and instant food that was spicy... I had to force myself to eat it. While I did lose 10 pounds that week because I only hate hot stuff that ran through me faster than Usain Bolt, over time I found myself sort of acclimatizing myself to the taste.

One of my friends eats something he calls a 'pepper' sandwich. It's just two slices of white bread and a pickled hot pepper. It's both extremely uninventive and also disgusting. I don't go that far
    Ask Me, Hydromorphone, Anything!|Download Every European Phenotype! |Classify me! |Classify my friend!
    If you classify in my threads, feel free to send me a message and I'll classify you/reply to a thread/etc in return!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information