Region
    Florida
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    You're.

And I never said I was. You're thinking of Hellasson.

Nothing Hindu influenced Norse religion. It's unbelievably stupid to say it did. They share some things from a common ancestor.
    www.newsaxon.org
    im sure your somewhere on this site I heard there was some profoundly foolish views here, but now I know for fact.

Professional Racial anthropologist
    Last Online
    01-16-2014 @ 03:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Atlantean
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellasson View Post
    [YOUTUBE]0Ksqh0MpOyI[/YOUTUBE]
    Rofl wtf?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-25-2020 @ 05:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    UK/Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Celto-Germanic
    Religion
    Chaos-Gnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pallantides View Post
    Rofl wtf?
    More people trashing your culture, mate!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grímkell View Post
    www.newsaxon.org
    im sure your somewhere on this site I heard there was some profoundly foolish views here, but now I know for fact.
    Never been to that site in my life.

All I want, is for you to back up your outrageous statement here;
    Some of the Norse/Germanic Gods have roots in Hinduism.
    Which is impossible.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

I've owned this DVD for about a year, bought it off of eBay, and it was interesting enough in its own right. The people portrayed in it seemed well-meaning and devoted to their beliefs.

Last Online
    05-15-2014 @ 10:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavo-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Anglo-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Michigan
    Politics
    Imperialismo Pagano
    Religion
    Hyperborea or Oblivion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grímkell View Post
    www.newsaxon.org
    Originally, Hindu was a secular term which was used to describe all inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent (or Hindustan) irrespective of their religious affiliation. It occurs sporadically in some 16th-18th century Bengali Gaudiya Vaishnava texts, including Chaitanya Charitamrita and Chaitanya Bhagavata, usually to contrast Hindus with Yavanas or Mlecchas. It was only towards the end of the 18th century that the European merchants and colonists referred collectively to the followers of Indian religions as Hindus. Eventually, it came to define a precisely religious identity that includes any person of Indian origin who neither practiced Abrahamic religions nor non-Vedic Indian religions, such as Jainism, Sikhism or Buddhism, thereby encompassing a wide range of religious beliefs and practices related to Sanātana Dharma.

The term Hinduism was introduced into the English language in the 19th century to denote the religious, philosophical, and cultural traditions native to India.
    A understanding of the chronology works wonders.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split."

-Robert E. Howard

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Yeah I think he perhaps meant to say Vedic as opposed to Hindu. But whatever....

As for your charges, Grimkell, I have this to say:

yes you can be japanese and have a relationship with a God, doesn't matter what part of the world the God derives from, or what bloodline the person is,
    Ahh it's very clear to me now that you haven't a single notion as to what the term Folkish means. People who call themselves folkish do not believe their deities to be ingredients in one big ecumenical soup, ready to be called upon by any Tom, Dick or Harry . That's for other people to believe, not folkish ones. Oh by the by, I happen to be folkish. Perhaps you'd like to review its definition at some point in time and not bother me with your total lack of accurate information.

to suggest something like that is so profoundly ignorant, its not even worth thinking about.
    Oh goodness. Hmm let me just say that you've just now done more to show your own ignorance than I ever could. I think I'll leave it at that.

As far as being Folkish, many Pagan groups are "Folkish", they practice closed ritual with the intiated. Asatru rituals are so similar to Wicca, its it hillarious.
    LOL Now I know you're talking through your ass. You haven't a clue as to what you're talking about do you? Yikes! My best advice to you: read up on things before you start talking about them. It'll save everybody a whole lot of time and energy in the end.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Very well said, Aem!

But this sstill puzzles me;
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    Yeah I think he perhaps meant to say Vedic as opposed to Hindu. But whatever....
    Why would that make any difference? The Arya were somewhere in Central Asia before they swept down into the Subcontinent, but that's a bit too early a period to refer to as 'Vedic' (a religious situation that crystallised south of the Himalaya), and it's the very last time anything could have been distantly transmitted (at third or fourth hand by Iranics, Slavs, Balts...) to the ancient Norse...

Last Online
    05-15-2014 @ 10:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavo-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Anglo-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Michigan
    Politics
    Imperialismo Pagano
    Religion
    Hyperborea or Oblivion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    Why would that make any difference? The Arya were somewhere in Central Asia before they swept down into the Subcontinent, but that's a bit too early a period to refer to as 'Vedic' (a religious situation that crystallised south of the Himalaya), and it's the very last time anything could have been distantly transmitted (at third or fourth hand by Iranics, Slavs, Balts...) to the ancient Norse...
    A 1700 BC parallel is a bit more forgivable than an AD 1800 parallel.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split."

-Robert E. Howard

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Comparative IE mythology is a risky field and no where near as reliable as the study of linguistic relationships. For example out of the popular twelve Olympians of Greek mythology only one, Zeus, has any clear link to some form of common IE construct.

One reasonably promising field is the study of the rules of poetry in IE cultures where certain mythological similarities may be drawn out of common traditions in composition.

I believe contemporary Heathenism suffers from the haste in trying to rebuild itself and unnecessarily latches onto Hinduism as some form of supposed treasure trove of archaic IE lore “unpolluted” by Christianity. For my money I think we will learn far more from the Germanised Christianities that arose in northern Europe than we will from Hinduism.
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information