Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    Very well said, Aem!

But this sstill puzzles me;

Why would that make any difference? The Arya were somewhere in Central Asia before they swept down into the Subcontinent, but that's a bit too early a period to refer to as 'Vedic' (a religious situation that crystallised south of the Himalaya), and it's the very last time anything could have been distantly transmitted (at third or fourth hand by Iranics, Slavs, Balts...) to the ancient Norse...
    Thanks Ossi!

Fair statement, Ossi. I guess I mention this only since *some* Heathens in some circles do tend to see Germanic Heathenry, or I should state more precisely Odinism, on a sort of continuum with Vedic thought.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    *some* Heathens in some circles do tend to see Germanic Heathenry, or I should state more precisely Odinism, on a sort of continuum with Vedic thought.
    Sure, but that's hardly what this feller said;
    Quote Originally Posted by Grímkell View Post
    Some of the Norse/Germanic Gods have roots in Hinduism.
    A fair analogy would be the hypothetical situation where I am Barak Obama's cousin, and am therefore supposed to have Kenyan roots...

Last Online
    03-30-2011 @ 01:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic-swedish
    Ethnicity
    scots/irish/swedish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default The Folk

So I watched that DVD, its pretty good for what it is. Their rituals are very typical of other Pagan religions, there is a western structure to them. I really wish these Heathen groups would dress up more, some of them were, but others were wearing their khakis. There wasnt any overtly racist implications, im sure these guys would get along with and be able to work with most other Pagan groups that are out there. As far as the Runes go, they had minimal knowledge. There Priestess seemed to know the most about them. I like the fact that I saw her using Diana Paxson's book Taking up the runes. Over all these people seemed like good types, very typical of what I've been exposed to in other Pagan groups, but that comes with contemperary religion.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-25-2020 @ 05:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    UK/Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Celto-Germanic
    Religion
    Chaos-Gnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

After having watched the DVD, I've come to the conclusion that we have a lot of growing up to do to be an effective, viable path.

That's not shitting on the kindred in question here (despite the Uruz rune in their banner being COMPLETELY fucking wrong).

One thing... If you don't want to be viewed as racist, really shouldn't have shown the event where they bring in the OBVIOUS skinhead into their kindred.....

Other than that, kudos to the director for doing his best to explain why folks do what they do.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frater SRMD View Post
    After having watched the DVD, I've come to the conclusion that we have a lot of growing up to do to be an effective, viable path.

That's not shitting on the kindred in question here (despite the Uruz rune in their banner being COMPLETELY fucking wrong).

One thing... If you don't want to be viewed as racist, really shouldn't have shown the event where they bring in the OBVIOUS skinhead into their kindred.....

Other than that, kudos to the director for doing his best to explain why folks do what they do.
    Not growing up per se. There are many mature and intelligent folks in Heathenry. What needs to be done is a mass purging of the undesirable characters and also the older folks who have their heads stuck in their asses. Unfortunately, these are the people with the loudest voices, who have Heathen symbolism all over their profiles on social networking sites, so these are the people that others see and they reflect poorly on the rest of us.

Remember that dream I told you about where I walked into a Heathen gathering and opened fire Columbine style? While I'm not advocating violence I see this dream as symbolic to what needs to be done.

As much as we like to criticize Muslims at least Muslim leaders have the balls to issue a fatwa on those who tarnish the name of their religion... And the ones who make Muslims look bad will actually kill people, whereas the worst thing one of those Heathens would do is post a slanderous MySpace bulletin of Facebook note about you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information