Thread: The Dangers Of Social Media (Child Predator Social Experiment)

Last Online
    04-10-2023 @ 05:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indo-Aryans
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Moscow
    Politics
    Centre Left
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 2,020

2 Not allowed!

Default The Dangers Of Social Media (Child Predator Social Experiment)

Viral video shows how easily predators lure kids on social media

A YouTube video of a "social experiment" exploring the vulnerability of underage kids to predators on social networks gets more than 17 million views in just two days.

Think your daughter would never get inside a car with a stranger or open the door of your home to someone she just met on Facebook? Think again.

YouTuber Coby Persin -- a self-described 21-year-old "prankster who looks like Zac Efron" -- decided to put those questions to a test with the help of three families, and record the results on video. He created a fake Facebook profile for one 15-year-old "Jason Biazzo" and then, with the parents' permission, contacted the three unsuspecting teenage girls to see how far they would go to meet their new online contact. Persin's video is far from a prank, he insists, and his findings are extremely scary.

The video, called The Dangers of Social Media (Child Predator Social Experiment), is also attracting attention, garnering more than 17 million views since being uploaded on August 10.

CNET en Español reached out to Persin to talk about the project. He explained that the inspiration came from seeing a news story about a 27-year-old man who allegedly lured a 12-year-old girl to an in-person meeting via Instagram.

Persin seeks inspiration on real-life events to create videos of pranks for his YouTube channel, which has almost 1.2 million subscribers. He felt he needed to raise awareness on how easy is to deceive a teen using social media as the bait. "The whole world should know this," Persin said

Persin put out a call on Craigslist seeking parents with teens active on social media. Initially, he chose six families, but for the video, he used only the three girls, ages 12 to 14, who were the most responsive to the messages from Persin acting as young Jason Biazzo.

Persin explained that the fake profile showed the picture of a good-looking teen, which might have impacted the girls' reactions. The real picture is from a guy named Effy Levy, who allowed them to use his Instagram selfie for the experiment.

Persin explained how easily he ingratiated himself with his targets:

"All I said was, 'Hey' and they said, 'Who are you? Do I know you?' They all said something like that and then I was like, 'Oh no. I just moved to the area,' or I would be like 'my mom just let me get Facebook, I'm 15 years old.' You know? Stuff like that to lure this kids so quick."

With very simple conversations Persin was able establish communication with the girls for a period that lasted between three and five days. In this short time, the three girls agreed to meet him in person in different scenarios: at a park during the day, at their house at night and getting into a car, also at night.

The parents were part of the whole process, and most of the time they remained skeptical that their daughters would meet a complete stranger from Facebook in person. The teens were also confronted by the parents after the fact and got harshly lectured, after being literally caught on the act, according to Persin.

But this isn't the end of the experiment. Next week Persin says his channel will release the second part of this project, but this time he will pretend to be a girl to lure teenage boys. "They [boys] just see a cute girl and they're like oh I wanna meet. They don't understand that it could be an old man," Persin said.

"We are just here spreading awareness and showing the world how it is," he concluded.

CNET

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b3 (J-Z467)
    mtDNA
    H14b
    Politics
    Noam Chomsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,375
    Given: 31,470

2 Not allowed!

this Persin guy exaggerates

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,074
    Given: 1,717

3 Not allowed!

More than likely its the parents' fault due to bad parenting. Seriously though, there should be an 18+ only law for stuff like Facebook/etc, where the parents can get charged if a kid is using them.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Inactive
    Last Online
    02-18-2017 @ 11:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Hero
    Shkembe Chorba
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,932
    Given: 3,317

1 Not allowed!

I agree with XenophobicPrussian that there is some neglectful parenting going on here and that these girls have some emotional issues causing them to be so easily lured. In the USA, we do have the public Registered Sex Offenders list, which is published online. A couple of years ago, I checked the RSO list for my town, and there were 3 guys listed within 5 miles (8 km) of me on the list! 2 of the guys were paroled for raping minor children and one guy had a conviction for sexually abusing his teenage step-daughters. All three of these men were educated, white professionals, who were once respected in their community. Not obvious suspects.

There are more of these creeps out there than many realize and they often live right in your neighborhood.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

2 Not allowed!

I think the whole Internet access should be forbidden for people who are not 18. It would decrease the number of retards on this forum, and whole cyber society.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

2 Not allowed!

Having a girl is a nightmare.I have to eat some apples or something before I conceive so I get sons.

Thread Information