Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Left-wing Nationalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    So punish all police officers because one or two or corrupt? What kind of logic is this?
    This isn't just "one or two". This has been a systematic failure involving dozens. Especially in places like Ireland.
    And, yes, if an police department had failed not just on occasion but SYSTEMATICALLY to stop such abuse for decades, then yes, that organization should face up to some serious reparation.

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 01:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Left-wing Nationalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawalye View Post
    Sexual crimes in the catholic instition has been totaly exaggerated, studies shows us that it happen in every religion as the same amount and the celibacy of the clergyman has nothing to do with this. I've seen many articles of newspaper of children rapes by imams and the international media did not speak about as so much as they do for the Catholics.

They are perverts and pedophiles in society, not more in catholic institution than everywhere else.

A french study even show us that the number of pedophile is the higher among the teacher, do we ban school for that ? These people will always choose to work among the children to plan their horrible vice!
    If this was just a case of a few priests, then yes, I would perhaps agree with you. But, there are examples of countries, like Ireland for example, where the abuse spans DECADES, involving hundreds of priests abusing thousands of kids. Then I think it is safe to say that this has been a SYSTEMATIC failure on the part of the Church and is more than "just a few bad apples".

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Ireland is fighting against the abuse though, for what it's worth. I do agree that it is still a huge problem, however.

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 01:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Wallonia
    Taxonomy
    KN
    Religion
    Roman Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,199
    Given: 1,338

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by neokon View Post
    If this was just a case of a few priests, then yes, I would perhaps agree with you. But, there are examples of countries, like Ireland for example, where the abuse spans DECADES, involving hundreds of priests abusing thousands of kids. Then I think it is safe to say that this has been a SYSTEMATIC failure on the part of the Church and is more than "just a few bad apples".
    They failed to struggle against that, they've sent the rapists in monasteries or just somewhere else. The catholic church as always be badly managed.

These priests should have been punished by the justice of the men not by the church, it's written in the bible that the church can not oppose against the rules of the state and as to adapt herself to it.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Left-wing Nationalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They failed to struggle against that, they've sent the rapists in monasteries or just somewhere else. The catholic church as always be badly managed.

These priests should have been punished by the justice of the men not by the church, it's written in the bible that the church can not oppose against the rules of the state and as to adapt herself to it.
    So are you agreeing with me? If so, why do you still support the Church? I mean, if this has always been such a serious problem for the Church, then surely that warrants a protest of some kind. Perhaps even leaving it out of protest. If the Church has always faced such an issue, especially regarding serious child abuse cases, then surely it's an organization that doesn't deserve the trust nor privilege that it has gotten?

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 01:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Wallonia
    Taxonomy
    KN
    Religion
    Roman Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,199
    Given: 1,338

2 Not allowed!

So are you agreeing with me? If so, why do you still support the Church? I mean, if this has always been such a serious problem for the Church, then surely that warrants a protest of some kind. Perhaps even leaving it out of protest. If the Church has always faced such an issue, especially regarding serious child abuse cases, then surely it's an organization that doesn't deserve the trust nor privilege that it has gotten?
    It was the hard price of "unity", but yes more and more catholics turn away of the catholic church, become atheists and some become traditionalists or protestants.

About, those who become atheist oftenly because they consider the church to be too conservative, that's not that bad because they never been religious anyway but many have left the church because they find it to progressive and that's a problem because it's the most religious group.

I'm gonna finish by saying this ,the Vatican is a decadent organization, today, everybody criticizes them and denigrates them, not by the fact that they find the church too conservative but simply because the church is weak and as vultures the media and all the others arrived, the worst is that the Vatican have fallen into this trap (John Paul II kissing the quran), alway seeking to be more modern has killed the church and today it is irreparable.

Nobody would dare publicly criticized a strength so powerful and dynamic as the Islam of today!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Left-wing Nationalism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It was the hard price of "unity", but yes more and more catholics turn away of the catholic church, become atheists and some become traditionalists or protestants.

About, those who become atheist oftenly because they consider the church to be too conservative, that's not that bad because they never been religious anyway but many have left the church because they find it to progressive and that's a problem because it's the most religious group.

I'm gonna finish by saying this ,the Vatican is a decadent organization, today, everybody criticizes them and denigrates them, not by the fact that they find the church too conservative but simply because the church is weak and as vultures the media and all the others arrived, the worst is that the Vatican have fallen into this trap (John Paul II kissing the quran), alway seeking to be more modern has killed the church and today it is irreparable.

Nobody would dare publicly criticized a strength so powerful and dynamic as the Islam of today!
    Well that is something that happens to older organizations sometimes. Society changes in values while the certain groups do not. Though if there is one thing I would agree on with you, it's the double standard the media has with Islam. Though my criticism is not limited to Christianity alone, and if I feel speak my mind on the actions of Islam, especially the Sunnis, I shall always do so. As for my own background, I don't have a Catholic background and my criticism on this thread is not ideological and is not about the Churches Conservatism, but judgement on the organizations actions involving sexual abuse.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

0 Not allowed!

And what moral system and church do you represent before critiquing the 2000 year old institution of Roman Catholicism?

Has your Church (if you even have one) lasted as long? Check yourself before casting stones.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    And what moral system and church do you represent before critiquing the 2000 year old institution of Roman Catholicism?

Has your Church (if you even have one) lasted as long? Check yourself before casting stones.
    Just because something has been around for a while doesn't mean it has any legitimacy or moral authority.

Last Online
    09-23-2015 @ 04:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Italic-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Canadian. Irish-Italian-Serbian
    Ancestry
    56.9% Northern European, 33.7% Southern European, 1.6% Eastern Euro, 7.7% Broadly Euro
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Y-DNA
    r1b1b2a1a2f2
    mtDNA
    t1a1
    Politics
    Right Wing
    Hero
    Bobby Orr
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 137

0 Not allowed!

Even the followers will keep things hush and attempt to downplay things. There are pictures of known pedophile priests around various Catholic schools in my area and when people rip them down, they get put back up. Catholics care a lot about maintaining an image, as long as everything looks good on the outside, everything is good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information